ingurix

Ordinary life vs seeking the Truth

9 posts in this topic

I have been thinking about this for a while. I'll be graduating school pretty soon, and I start to think whether I should go to university like most of the people or should I travel around the world, learning from different cultures and work on my inner-self 24/7.

What guys do you think? Is it necessary to give up everything and go explore the world and myself?

Life is a puzzle.

Which option solves that puzzle best for you?

Don't just think short-term, but think long-term.

You can both go to university and seek truth. Your 'ordinary life' will adjust as you have more realizations. You'll just naturally desire to do things. Embodying the truths as you go. This is a journey, so no need to rush it.

If that's what you desire and wont hurt your future financially, I would recommend it. However if your desire is more about self actualization, and less about travel, I would just consider that you can be self actualizing while you're getting your dick sucked.  You dont have to be in some other culture, learning about what they do, they probably do some fucked up things.  If you're really into culture and travel, sure, but you got everything you need right in front of you to make spiritual progress

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

Try to figure out what is your dream carreer, think about what impact you want to give to the world.

You cannot get enlightened while working at Mc Donalds as Leo says.

If I were you I would contemplate about what career to take and also pursuing Truth at the same time reading books/Meditating every day/Saving money for retreats ecc..

He said you can't get Enlightened if you can't take care of yourself, pretty sure you can take care of yourself by working at Mc Donalds. 

i mean you can do what you want with your career, the only thing is that it seems a waste to be enlightened and work at Mc Donalds :D

Just find a guru online B|

Edited by Bobby

15 hours ago, zambize said:

However if your desire is more about self actualization, and less about travel, I would just consider that you can be self actualizing while you're getting your dick sucked.

That_escalated_quickly.jpg

---------

21 hours ago, ingurix said:

What guys do you think? Is it necessary to give up everything and go explore the world and myself?

No.

"Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water." -- Zen Proverb

31 minutes ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

That_escalated_quickly.jpg

---------

No.

"Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water." -- Zen Proverb

I got my own version of that zen proverb and it's much spicier 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows