Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ingurix

Understanding the definition of "purpose of life".

12 posts in this topic

Hello guys!

Today I randomly asked myself about the essence of life purpose.

We all have  heard, that the best kind of life is the life in which one follows your passion and love. Often it is considered as life purpose. All successful people 'follow their hearts', they love what they do and that makes them happy.  It got me thinking - does life purpose is measurable only in doing something which you love? What is life purpose anyways - is there any better definition than 'doing things you love and helping others'? Is it something that has been written since our birth or does it rely on our environment/ our current mindset? 

How does one even find his life purpose? Do we have some sort of a compass in us which guides the way of finding it? And why so many people fail to find it?

P.S. I'm sorry about too many questions. It struck me that I don't understand the meaning of life purpose at all. Maybe you have some ideas/experiences?

Thank you!

@ingurix your life purpose is something that you're able to accept taking responsibility for.

it's something that you deliberately choose to build without the need of a mission or meaning given to your life by some kind of god figure.

your life purpose is something that you feel truly free to work on.

unborn Truth

@ingurix Have you looked into Leo's Life Purpose Course? It might be helpful to find your life purpose or at least to understand what to pay attention to and look for in life that will be hints to your passion/purpose. For example, when are the moments you feel truly happy? Write them down and see if you can find a common theme or clues to a bigger passion.

Life purpose/passion isn't necessary to live a fulfilled life though. I think some people, including myself, get too hung up on finding a purpose, finding a passion, and feeling that something's missing if we don't have one (or don't have it clearly defined).

On 1.01.2019 at 7:16 PM, ingurix said:

We all have heard, that the best kind of life is the life in which one follows your passion and love.

Not only that, but also meaningful for humanity, animals, or Earth. Life purpose lies on an intersection of meaning, skills, and passion.

You can fulfill meaning in a few different ways. The most popular are: earning to give (you get a high paying job and donate a chunk of your salary towards NGOs), research (you work on developing areas crucial for survival and well-being of the planet), advocacy (you spread high-level ideas, like Leo), direct help (you work as a firefighter, social worker, coach, etc. and help people directly).

Here is a pretty good diagram that I found on Instagram of what life purpose is:

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 8.26.14 PM.png

in sense of predetermined breaking point?

that‘s why i always say: juggling is a very good discipline...:ph34r: