LiakosN

Masculine and feminine traits

8 posts in this topic

Im interested to know what are some masculine and some of feminine traits in your opinion.... 

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

I think i'm full of shit. As i started writing this i see it would be more useful as a tool to reflect my own ignorance and biases rather than my own knowledge of the two.  I'm afraid i'd only really be helping myself. I think it would be good use of your time to do this yourself with the idea that you can potentially be showing yourself ways in which you are biased or just ignorant.

I'll definitely be doing this later today. If i come up with some interesting results or conclusions. I'll make sure to post them here. 

I’m not sure about «traits», but in terms of energy we have «masculine energy» and «feminine energy» in this world. It’s what energy is divided into, and works like the ying and yang balance of this planet. 

Considering we are all energetic beings; we all have feminine & masculine energy. These are concepts that describe us as humans, and perhaps this is what people allude to when they say “feminine“ and “masculine” traits? Some have a heavier dose of masculine energy, and some feminine energy. In our current society, most of us (men and women) have more masculine energy, due to our material world being masculine.

Masculine energy is outward energy, and is heavily linked to ‘taking action’. It is associated with the odd chakras: 1,3 and 5 chakra. It’s goal oriented, structural, and logical. It is connected to the idea of building, creating and even hunting. It’s also very individual , and works alone. It’s goal is to reach a level of material success and to build. It’s also giving, which is the opposite of feminine energy, which is receptive. 

Most of us are very well aware of our masculine energy, because we use it in our day to day life in order to survive this matrix. The material world we live in is built on masculine energy, and you need to be in your masculine energy to reach it’s highest potential. We have been exposed to our masculine energy since primary school. And our whole education system and worklife revolves around it. 

~

Feminine energy is rarely spoken of, and is usually ignored in our material world. This has to do with the fact that it’s inward, and therefor doesn’t yield results that is considered useful for a material world. It is however, heavily linked to spirtualism. Feminine energy is inward (notice the way these energy work, and how it connects to the each genders genitalia).

Feminine energy is linked to the even chakras: 2, 4 and 6. This energy is about your inward body, and what it can do, rather than the outward body and what it can do. It is connected to your emotions. It is intuitive, emotional, nurturing, authentic, loving, receptive, emphatic, pleasure seeking, creative and sharing. It is guided by the heart, the womb and the genitalia. It’s lead by love, and is not bound by fear.

This energy is all about being able to go with the flow, and does not follow structure. This energy can be used when doing anything from creating a piece of artwork, to decorating your house. It’s highly creative, whereas masculine energy is logical.

It is also linked to intimacy, and feminine energy is full of sexual vitality. It’s receptive and selfless. It’s the part of us we usually neglect, as it’s considered insignificant in our material world.

You might even get punished for it some parts of society. Like how showing your emotions in school can lead to suspention or being considered “weak”. 

Feminine energy doesn’t work in a individual way either, but rather in a collective way. It reaches it’s ultimate potential through collective efforts. Meanwhile masculine energy is about individual tasks, where success is rewarded individually for everyones individual efforts. 

Hence why masculine energy is also very competitive, meanwhile feminine energy is about everyone working as one to reach higher potential. Think about nature (nature is feminine.) How all the trees and the entire ecosystem works together in unity. It’s also where the idea of humans being ‘connected’ and ‘one’, in terms of spirtuality, comes from. It’s our feminine energy that is connected, and our feminine energy is our spirtual energy.

Our planet is also feminine. Which is why this overload of masculine energy that we have in this world can be dangerous for our enviroment. Because masculine energy is self-oriented, it only serves us. The rest of our ecosystem couldn’t care less about our technological advancements. 

Being spirtual awake activates our feminine energy, and can help us be energetically balanced. Since both energy is good and useful.

Most men and women in todays society have more more masculine energy, because this is what our material world revolves around..?

Edited by Smika

Masculine: agency, action.

Feminine: communion, surrender.

@Smika I have read on masculine and feminine energy in a much broader sense as it being a route in how the physical plane is manifested. (Gender principle kyballion) But your explanations really tied up the more nuanced examples of how this applies and balances itself out. Very insightful ?

I believe that embracing either your masculinity and femininity is part of what makes you confident overall. We both have a certain amount masculinity and femininity depending upon our gender and how much we embrace the roles of our gender. That being said, ideally men should have predominantly masculine energy and women should have predominantly feminine energy, regardless of your overall personality and whether you are heterosexual or homosexual or bisexual or queer. The only exception to this would be those who ABSOLUTELY 100% TRULY deep down believe and are certain that they were born with the wrong gender and as a result desire to be transexuals. However, there have recently been a lot of transgender people out there who actually have or at least want to de-transition back to their original gender because they end up thinking or realizing that changing their gender was a mistake. I think from what I learned is that generally the reason why some transgenders de-transition back to their original gender is because they realize that changing their gender really was a means to change their identity completely in order to psychologically escape from the pain of having been sexually traumatized before.

Anyways, masculinity is not just about being strong, brave, and confident. It's also about being dominant, aggressive, and rational. In contrast, femininity means also being strong, brave, and confident in a way pertaining to being a woman. However, it also means being submissive, complaisant, and emotional (intuitive, being more in touch with your emotions, and being more emotionally aware of others). 

Okay, I will admit, that I kinda made a mistake in some of things I said regarding being a man. I actually do agree with everything Leo has said here in terms of being an authentic man. However, I still believe that a major part of being a man is about embracing those traits traditionally viewed as masculine including: strength, bravery, confidence, dominance, aggression, rationality/logical, decisive, etc. As a guy, learning to develop both those qualities as well as your own unique positive traits inside you that no one else will ever have, like what Leo was talking about in the above video, are what will truly make you into a true man.  

I find this video provides the best explanation...