Aakash

The need for suffering after enlightenment

18 posts in this topic

if suffering was truth; and freedom was false

i would choose suffering as long as its truth

so i propose the following - true freedom is suffering in true ego 

the constant change causes ego backlash; however if you were to reverse ALL Paradox from the inititial point we started at from birth 

which was freedom is truth and suffering is false 

true suffering is the thing we should seek and unconditionally love it.

in another words, be imaginative to recontextualise all paradoxes using your true ego 

then accept the changes yourself and live them in your direct experience

see where that gets you and put the exact contents out there  

The desire to escape suffering using Enlightenment is a desire of the Ego.  The Ego wants reality to cater to it and keep it nice and comfy and snuggy.  Enlightenment only really eliminates one form of suffering, and that is the suffering that's caused by being an unenlightened Ego.  But as an Enlightened Ego, you're still gonna perceive suffering.  Suffering is a part of Experience.  Suffering is your Ego not liking something that's happening in reality.  So, even if you're an Enlightened Ego, you're still gonna suffer.  The difference is you're not gotta be as ready to take it personally because you'll understand what's happening.  I don't care how Enlightened you are, if someone killed your child in front of you, you would suffer.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Mu_ it doesn't carry any logic or reasoning. Its pure imagination you could say. When i wrote it ; it didn't have intent of carrying a meaning i.e through the medium of ego. What i was hoping for was for someone else! to make sense of it, who is also enlightened. Who may be slightly more enlightened then myself. That would then give them the tools! that spark words, imagery some form of duality in non duality and actualise in the now. ill try to explain it again if you never understood that time? just let me know 

@TheAvatarState recontextualised for myself is not conventional suffering but just plain simply any form of ego! for example, the whole enlightenment process the ego was the illusion suffering so suffering simply means being ego, in my abstract thoughts anyway that is... 

@Aakash Good work on the recontextualization, that makes this one step easier. Would you say that suffering is the identification with the ego?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

A more true statement would be search for happiness and you’ll end up disappointed and frustrated. Seek to escape this world, and you will surely fail. Even if you convince yourself you’ve escaped. Deep down. You know you haven’t. 

So aim for growth, meaning, and dhamma as the Buddha put it. The term “truth” has too much baggage around it and is too limited to one facet of existence. The non dual perspective or what you are. Isn’t the end all be all.

Finding meaning though is a great start. In your journey, in your struggle, in your growth, in your compassion and whatever else.

Edited by Arhattobe

I would call this group contemplation as a single unit! we all write abstracts with no intent of having meaning, we discover in our now.. we write those words that we think make sense THEN! someone else will recontextualise it, after our aggregated recontextualisation forms it into a spritual word I.E absolute nothingness. We all understand what that is, or enlightenment... these are spiritual words

@Arhattobe i don't know about anyone else but i resonated with that fully; even as being or in other words, even if everything is absolutely nothing, even if it's illusions! thats fine i can accept that and unconditionally love that. But i want or imagine that i want there to be more, i want to create new things and things that are just plain crazy lol!!

:') just high on absolutely nothing! at this point i'm so high i don't consider myself sane anymore AAHAHAH

Welcome :P 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

literally what force in the world can tell me this is not possible with everyones help? GOD looool! will GOD stop me! i don't think so!!!!

@Aakash Only you can stop you. For you are God!

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo