Zec

How to approach the Six Pillars of Self Esteem

12 posts in this topic

I’ve been very confused with how to approach the sentence completion work for the Six Pillars. I’ve been doing the sentence completions for raising my consciousness but don’t know how long I should do it for or if it’s the pretence  for addressing consciousness to the other pillars. Please help

I've been doing it every morning for the past 4 months, so I can give some insight

1. What is the reason that you're doing this? Get clear about this, and what you want to get out of this. Having positive motivation will be very good because you'll be motivated to do the work regardless of how you're feeling 

2. You can follow the weeks in the way he suggests - I'm not sure it matters too much. What I do is I just do whatever sentence completion my heart desires in the morning. Whatever I feel like I need most in that moment. 

I've found all 6 of them very useful, in their respective ways 

Make sure to contemplate and seriously answer the questions. I fell into a trap of being mechanical about it for some time 

Let your heart answer the questions, try not to think too much 

Edited by d0ornokey

@Zec Do the exercises for an entire year at least.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This is so true with the motivational part because while I was reading the philosophy of self esteem a key thing he said to get over laziness was to know that your fighting for your love of your life which really got me up to do some work.

I’ve been dabbling with it for some time and once I started reading mastery I realized how self esteem coincides with the mastery process.

Can i do exercise before reading the book full or i need to complete the book full and start doing exercises?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

If you think about it, this is a personal development book.  This book is very similar to Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Successful People.  Each of those bullets that Branden talks about is just a topic of Personal Development.  The first one is "Be Conscious" or something like that.  Well that's just your Enlightenment Work, right.  That's your mindfulness work.  And there's one on Self-Acceptance.  That's a huge issue in and of itself.  I think I did all the sentence completion exercises for the Self-Acceptance pillar.  That was a major phase in my early personal development work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Use whatever gets you to the next level.

But know you are being exploited, freedom starts with the truth and the truth is free...

Been following Leo for about half a year and I totally see how having a low sense of self aka self esteem has been really holding me back. My sense of self has been flawed by my perception of other people’s perceptions of me which really made me confused about my identity. A big thing that really gets me hyped up is Peter Ralsons body being book which talks about the body and identity. I can totally see how consciousness and the body is huge for dropping your limiting beliefs and discovering true intelligence from body awareness through insight.