Pouya

I talk with myself A LOT

9 posts in this topic

I was a child who didnt like to be alone and stay home. One day i stayed alone at my home for a whole day and it felt great. I like being alone with myself.

This caused me to do a lot of self-talk. I talk with myself out-loud as if there is actually a person with me that I'm talking to.

Talking to myself like that, helped me to not have a problem talking in front of people and listening to others, but i think this gets the enlightenment work much worse.

It's like i have 2 very distinct and seperated Egoes and it reinforces my illusion. I even find myself talking to myself for an hour without noticing it.

Do I have a problem? Is it normal?

Do I need to stop it?

("I" means the body here. Who is stopping the self talk?)

As you said it is something that helps you.. why do you worry? 

Mind is always talking to itself, you're doing it verbally. Not such a big deal from my point of view. (I like talking to myself)

You should not be asking us if this is a problem. Is it a problem FOR YOU? 

Are you practicing meditation? If so, there will be a change to this habit, as you quiet your mind.

I talk to myself out loud in English ALL the time. I'm also a massive introvert and like to be kept alone. However, as I started my consciousness journey a couple years ago, an interesting thing started happening on its own accord. Over time. I changed from saying "I" to "we," to make the distinction between my true and false selves. This never used to happen, but I'll say "we" to motivate myself all the time. "We've gotta get going." "We've gotta get going." "We've gotta save that note for later." All while being completely by myself, but of course, there are actually 2 selves at play here. I didn't plan for that to happen, it just naturally came about when my awareness of my true self increased. This is the voice of my true self talking to my lower self, since I noticed that every time I say "we" it is in a positive or motivating light. 

I'd say the next step would be to enter a no-mind state more often and transcend the need to talk to myself. However, that's still quite a ways off... 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Bluff i think its a problem because my mind wont stop talking to itself. :/

@TheAvatarState recently, i become mindful of my self-talk and say who the hell am i talking to? Then the self talk is gone, for few minutes to come back again :P

15 minutes ago, Pouya said:

@TheAvatarState recently, i become mindful of my self-talk and say who the hell am i talking to? Then the self talk is gone, for few minutes to come back again :P

Understand it will probably be a challenge to break the habit since you've been doing it for so long. Keep at being mindful about it. 

There is nobody whos listening and talking its just movements and sounds happening...nothing wrong...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

As long as you are lovingly conscious, life blooms in infinite ways, we all have our unique ways

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

20 hours ago, Pouya said:

research techniques that quite your mind. and practice them! regularly. the will be progress. just don't stress yourself

Its the same ego but you just adding to your persona. Like leo said focus on the formlessness.