Can't finish Leo's Life purpose program

40 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Jackthelad said:

That´s great to hear, well done! 

How did you feel when you fininshed the course? Did you get a clear sense of where you should be heading? Or did it feel different?

I absolutely felt a sense of exactly where I should be going and how to accomplish it. I feel like I was almost there myself, but I just needed to pinpoint exactly. For example, I thought I wanted to go back to school to get my PH.D to become a psychologist. However, after taking the course I realized I actually wanted to be a life coach. This was a huge step for me because I had contemplated this for at least a year straight. 

5 hours ago, Denis said:

I can't finish Leo's life purpose program. I know he talks about it in his first videos but I think I am too scared to go through with the program and come up with some grand life purpose that will give me soooooo much responsibility. I watched half of the videos, got bored (which is strange because I am never bored of his youtube videos) and put it off. Has anyone else struggled with the course?

Same here. Made it to mid 40s. It played it's role. Maybe I could skip around a bit instead of doing it in order. Whatever works!

On 2/7/2016 at 4:48 PM, Denis said:

Ian, that's exactly my concern. I haven't experienced stage orange to its fullest and I thought about Graves' Model quite a bit as well. The thing is, if someone enlightened like Alan Watts actually heard of something like a "Model of Human Consciousness", he would shit his pants laughing. He also laughed at self-help, mentioned "How to make friends and influence people". We are not him though (despite him saying that he is us :D. At least I don't quite feel it) so might as well use self-help but I am not even sure whether someone can strategically "construct" a life purpose for himself. Maybe only life experiences and grace can guide you to your life purpose. Not you. When I had my glimpse of enlightenment, I had no idea that enlightenment exists, gave no shits about spirituality or God. Never even thought about it. But the thing just happened because I went through a lot of suffering, accidentally stumbled on Tolle(that same day), fell asleep listening to his speech and BAM!

So, in essence, I don't think people can rationalize their way to their Life Purpose because it is beyond our control. I will finish the program, maybe it will change my mind.

I'm sure you can manifest an operative purpose that really holds you long term based on something you love doing that also serves what you've learned in your experience. To serve a more lofty undertaking that we all serve. And no sooner than you almost forget, you'll get reminded! I do. Maybe that's just what I needed to tell myself to finish the course after letting it sit for a couple months!

Leo's video on curing perfectionism may help you also.

Edited by Elemental
grammer

Yeah, I struggled this. I started the course but left it when I got to the second part. I postponed it, it wasn't a total waste of time, I traveled and continued watching or hearing other content of Actualized. I think I was scared too, the real work starts after the course. Now, I started it again, this time I'm finishing it and taking notes and everything else. Let's just trust it, I'm not sure about my purpose yet. I haven't finished it so we'll see. At least, it's really making some things clear and I don't find it boring at all.

On 2/8/2016 at 4:22 PM, Mako said:

Yeah, I struggled this. I started the course but left it when I got to the second part. I postponed it, it wasn't a total waste of time, I traveled and continued watching or hearing other content of Actualized. I think I was scared too, the real work starts after the course. Now, I started it again, this time I'm finishing it and taking notes and everything else. Let's just trust it, I'm not sure about my purpose yet. I haven't finished it so we'll see. At least, it's really making some things clear and I don't find it boring at all.

That's good to read.  I find purposes.  Things I'd love to do.  Maybe someday.  

But don't be scared!  If you are able then do it!  Make the plan.  Do the business analysis.  Identify people.  Identify funding.  Get the figures together so you know how much money you need for X number of years.  Project income growth during this time.  Plan contingencies to allow easy alterations of the business model as it plays out.  And get started!

Sometimes support can be the limiting factor.  Even though we are learning to do it for ourselves, there is still the looming desire of others to make your plans for you.  They are everywhere you look!  They can really bring you down.  Or if you find like minds they can really prop you up.  Then you must watch for greedy and manipulative behaviors among the business or group.  It's just ego, but that's a really strong force that makes people do really selfish things to others.  But a good lawyer and a strong mind are your best friends in combating this.

In case we haven't figured this out yet.  People commonly want other people to work for them that's why things tend toward monopolies.  Then the medical system pins us together like scarecrows to keep working for the monopoly until we just can't take it any more and then you either have to do it for yourself or take disability if this happens before you have enough retirement to "not work".  But I hope you get your confidence!!!

Just remember that unless you have a spouse or kids then there's nothing to leave behind that can't be heaped into a piled and burned!  So, live like today is your last day!  It cuts down on the regrets and the fear.  And allows you to move at blistering speeds in getting things done by not getting confused in what others want you to do.  Unless of course, they pay really really well!  Then one might think about getting on someone elses ship! 

Edited by Elemental
grammer

I postponed the course as well. I don't know if it's genuine skepticism or defense mechanism towards the value assessment. I have come up with my value list but I'm so uncertain about them. I think what I concluded is that I have a problem listening to my intuition.

It's making me approach the next part of the course with a weak attitude. I don't know if I'm getting it right or wrong. I don't know if I'm overthinking things or not. :|

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

15 hours ago, Phrae said:

I postponed the course as well. I don't know if it's genuine skepticism or defense mechanism towards the value assessment. I have come up with my value list but I'm so uncertain about them. I think what I concluded is that I have a problem listening to my intuition.

It's making me approach the next part of the course with a weak attitude. I don't know if I'm getting it right or wrong. I don't know if I'm overthinking things or not. :|

The weak attitude is your own.  Nothing really makes you do anything.  I know it seems that way for a moment though.

It's really hard to get things right the first time.  Sometimes it's best to just get through it and then if you need to, go back over it and find the parts that are still troubling you.  Overthinking can be a really big problem. Yes.

A teacher once told me that my first answer is usually the right one.  This was in regard to classroom testing.  However, I've found it is also remarkably powerful in dealing with what many of us refer to as intuition or the gut feeling.  Once you are aware of what "begins" this intuition/gut feeling then you must then learn to listen to it.  It can be quite subtle.  And the most minute thing can pervert the thought very quickly in your mind.  Usually it is ourselves trying to control the answer or the thought rather than simply listening and taking heed of the "first" answer as being the right one.  If you let your mind confuse it and try to improve it or this or that then it only becomes unusable anyway and leads to dishonesty with yourself.  The beauty of writing down the first answer in your notes as you do the exercises is that it's great practice at knowing you've sufficiently uncovered yourself enough to trust "your" first answer.

Edited by Elemental
grammer

The course is long, with a lot of information and exercises, sometimes is slow to advance, however the course is a process and you can go on your own rythm

It has helped to to know more about myself, about different concepts that really helped me to understand why on the past I had failures, or why my expectations were so off.

All his process helped me realized about my life purpose, or at least what I think i'm more passionate about, that even if I had all the money in the world I would do it anyway.

Also what you choose is for you, and only you! Helping others is a plus, however I think it comes naturally for people that what we want to do involves helping people somehow, because if not sooner or later we would feel like there is no deeper meaning in what we are doing, and i believe that meaning is a big part in our life purpose.

Still, when you feel ready go back to the course. It's awesome, it's hard, it takes time and patience, and it's totally worth it =)

On 2/7/2016 at 3:56 PM, Sarah_Flagg said:

It took me a while to finish the course too. I bought it the week it came out and ended taking mini breaks from the course and would come back.

Some feelings I identified were fear of failure, the idea that I was finally taking 100% responsibility for myself which felt overwhelming, and many limiting beliefs. I was very resistant and still go back into the course and re watch the videos. 

My suggestion is to try and pinpoint what you are feeling and then go back and watch a video that will help you get through it.

Good advice.  I am actually doing a different life purpose course that I purchased before I knew Leo was doing his own (I plan to do Leos as well when I finally finish the one I am on now) and I just got stuck.  I know the reason is fear, I actually find doing the course very interesting but I am facing so much resistance to get my self to do it.  I think your comment is spot on, in my case at least.  Thanks

I got stuck, too.  I still have to finish reading Mastery.  I'm meeting resistance right now because I'm not a fast reader.  I can totally relate.  You just have to push through and do it anyway.

I'm at the end of the course and I've noticed that I just stop watching it. I see it as resistance, fear of finishing something that requires mr to take action. It's very interesting how those mechanics work. 

I'll make sure to finish it soon! I really like my results after four fifths of the material so stopping now is really stupid!

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

On 13/02/2016 at 2:59 AM, DreamSpirit said:

I got stuck, too.  I still have to finish reading Mastery.  I'm meeting resistance right now because I'm not a fast reader.  I can totally relate.  You just have to push through and do it anyway.

I would suggest you to don´t stop the course in order to read some books that Leo recommends, because you have a lot of exercises that require time. Definitely those exercises worth your time but you will face a lot of stops in the course, if you add more stops between the journey probably you'll find yourself stuck. I'm finishing the course and reading mastery too, but I just read when I find time to it. First thing, finish the course.

I've come to the point where I am supposed to figure out my actual purpose. And it's soooo frustrating. I'm answering the questions, but I'm really not sure about the answers I give(I don't feel "yes, this is it, in my gut). I find myself sitting with a single question like, "What am I most passionate about?" for HOURS! I'm drawing blank, it's like the answer is not inside of me. Although I know Leo says it's my mind beeing lazy. 

And the visulization about the 100M$ question, I came up with absolutely nothing. I'm going to try it again of course! But this process is killing me. At times I just want to give up and lay down and cry. 

I know this is not an option and I will give keep searching and doing whatever it takes to find that thing that will give me a sense of purpose and passion about life. But right now, it just feels hopeless.

Any thoughts or perhaps advice about this?

Thank you all!  

Edited by Emilio
grammar

Do not give up Emilio, redo all the exercises if you have to, but it will worth it. I'm doing the course and I fell that I already find my impact on the world, I'm just struggling with my zone of genius. You think and think and then find a small clue and continue to think and finally you'll find the answer. It´s hard but you'll find it ;)

6 hours ago, Emilio said:

I've come to the point where I am supposed to figure out my actual purpose. And it's soooo frustrating. I'm answering the questions, but I'm really not sure about the answers I give(I don't feel "yes, this is it, in my gut). I find myself sitting with a single question like, "What am I most passionate about?" for HOURS! I'm drawing blank, it's like the answer is not inside of me. Although I know Leo says it's my mind beeing lazy. 

And the visulization about the 100M$ question, I came up with absolutely nothing. I'm going to try it again of course! But this process is killing me. At times I just want to give up and lay down and cry. 

I know this is not an option and I will give keep searching and doing whatever it takes to find that thing that will give me a sense of purpose and passion about life. But right now, it just feels hopeless.

Any thoughts or perhaps advice about this?

Thank you all!  

Hey Emilio,

About the 100$M questiong I really think that is a great excercise to help you get closer to an answer, or at least start leaving out things you definitively would not want to do in your life.

Go back to this question and really think about it. Think of anything, even if it is something you would not believe you can make a living out of it. That is not important right now, what's important is to figure out what is is that you would do that would make you happy, and make you feel good, or make you feel that it has mening to you.

Remember that here we are leaving out all our limiting beliefs, so it doens't matter if it is something that at the moment you don't see it possible.

Hope this helps :)  Let us know!

Cheers!

16 hours ago, Achilles said:

I would suggest you to don´t stop the course in order to read some books that Leo recommends, because you have a lot of exercises that require time. Definitely those exercises worth your time but you will face a lot of stops in the course, if you add more stops between the journey probably you'll find yourself stuck. I'm finishing the course and reading mastery too, but I just read when I find time to it. First thing, finish the course.

Thanks!  That's great advice...I was thinking I had to finish the books before going onto the next lesson.  I'll push through the course and read the books when I can.  Thanks again!

You´re welcome DreamSpirit ;) 

Can I ask you a small favor? Can you read this topic please?

It's because I'm a little bit stuck in the course with that and I think I need an external view on that. 

Edited by Achilles

Feel the fear, and DO IT ANYWAYS. I am literally ready to die - d-i-e for my purpose. I don't a damn, I will move out on $0 0 cents and do anything it takes to become world class. Mindfulness with fear, just feel the fear and do,it, anyways

Lol, how could people ever NOT finish this course? I'm so hyped for it, I can't wait to finally have the money to buy it! I'm over exited, I'm pretty sure I will finish it 5 times in a row at least. Fears? Procrastination? Just give me the course, I will devour it.

I love Leos work and I think the course is amazing. How could it ever produce fear in you? I am so on fire for this course and have been since it's released, and now from reading your post I am only more exited. It seems like interesting and challenging stuff. I'll go out and get the money. I can't wait any longer.

There is a reason for everything. If you do not feel like continuing, self-enquire and just be patient and gentle with yourself. It might be that this program is not the easiest or most efficient way to find one's life purpose for everyone. And that is completely okey. You will find something else. There is nothing wrong with you if you cannot fast forward through this program with full ethusiasim all the time. Finding your life purpose or getting enlightened etc. is not dependant on this one course.