Arkandeus

Fuck the law of attraction

48 posts in this topic

It is the most toxic concept around in the spiritual community, left and right you hear about law of attraction

It is worse then what we've been taught by society

At least in society you're educated that if you work hard for something, you can get it, you have to work hard,but you can get it

Now this so called spiritual concept of law of attraction which is thrown about everywhere, you can't step a foot without hearing about it, this law is the carrot on the stick, this law is pure assholery  

Now in my spiritual path I find myself having to detoxify from these insanely sabotaging and enslaving beliefs, 

"To attract what you want, you must pay no attention to it,  and if you're not attracting what you want, that means you're trying to hard"

"Life will give it to you at the right moment, at the right time, you must be appreciative even when you're not getting it, and when you get it you must also be appreciative"  

I'm gonna make a quick simple scenario to display how utterly crazy this belief is, that is pushed by the spiritual community 

Imagine being a son or daughter and living with your parents, I use this scenario because this compares well, life is like the parent. One weekend you want to go to the movies so you ask for allowance. Your parents say no, we know best when its right time to go the movies. 2 months later, its the end of the exams and they say "hey I know you wanted to go the movies but we'll go to disneyland yay!". It doesn't seem that reasonable right? But time after time after time its the same thing, whenever you ask for something, you're told to wait and that you will receive it at a later date, and you receive eventually who knows when, most of the time you receive when you don't even care about it anymore, when you're not even excited about it anymore.

Some spiritual people will jump out of the woodwork and say that thats good because life teaches you that you don't need these things and when it finally gives to you what you want and you see how you don't care about the thing you asked for anymore, thats success! Victory!  

Well fuck this shit, I'm tired of subscribing to such beliefs, whats the point, you're never getting what you want, and when you get it you don't care about it anymore, I don't need to believe that everytime I want something, some asshole up there is going to decide when its appropriate and where, if I want to go to the movies now, I want to go the movie now, not 6 months from now on

This belief is extremely toxic, because the second you're not "appreciative" of this wonderful system, then you're told you will certainly not get it. 

Wow, what a belief, you're supposed to be grateful for chasing carrots all day, and when you receive something, its not in the shape you wanted it, because life always knows better, better be grateful.. or else. 

This belief is extremely disempowering, and its sadistic, you're supposed to be grateful for not getting what you want and waiting around, and if you're not, you'll never get anything, it takes all the power away from you...yeah perhaps its a good belief if you want to be appreciative of life, but you'll just end up as some puppet, forever waiting around for daddy to give you want when he decides so

Yeah it might seem stupid to chose to take 100 dollars right now instead of being patient waiting 3 months for life to give me 1000 dollars, but Im not gonna spend my entire life waiting and never deciding what I get. The 100 dollars might seem meager compared to the 1000 bucks but at least in that moment I wanted the 100 bucks and I got the 100 bucks, thats what I call, a good moment, a sane moment.

So yeah goodbye law of attraction,this belief goes right in the trashbin

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@Arkandeus recognize that you saying law of attraction does not work is also a belief

belief 1: LOA works

belief 2: LOA does not work

both are beliefs 

any how, i am sure you know that already

also. for LOA. there are many things which need to be realized

for example there is also the fact there there is nobody inside that body to believe and follow in the LOA or try to focus or want it

it all just happens dont it?

so understand it this way.

that when/if one finds a deep wanting or desire for something (whethere they think they are wanting it or it is just happening) then it will happen for them

but you cannot try to WILL it to happen

for example, you cannot try to make a cup levitate infront of you... maybe overtime with 10000+ hours of dedication of it :)

i have had LOA work for me in cases where i have had no answer but to look back and realize LOA was in action

infact, if it is a LAW, it must always be in action

just like gravity

no matter if you get the math behind it, it works

same thing here

you are attracting that which you are vibrating against/with at this time

and you have attracted the belief that LOA does not work :) 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

To be honest your post is all about but LOA.

The right question to ask would be "why you take others opinions so granted and get mad about it?"

LOA isn't defined absolutely on anywhere. As nothing can be. Everyone says something about it. The truth is what you think and what is your experience is.

I would further recommend you reading an interesting book which was changed my opinion about LOA. Also noting the fact that you need effort to bring and activate LOA. It is not about just throwing random wishes in outer space and waiting for a miracle. Now do you see? This is yet another idea about LOA that I had added on. The book is: Ask and It is given. Teachings of Abraham

@Yousef here's a curve ball for ya :P

you do realize that there is no restriction/limitation which would prevent this from happening?

i mean sitting in a room and hoping for a million dollars to appear in-front of you magically is absolutely possible.

all i am saying is that it is possible (not talking about the % of likelihood which maybe as good as zero but it is not zero)

but for someone who has never had such an experience, for them to just get up and do it and expect it to happen won't work.

as you said, requires time/attention/dedication and then if all aligns correctly, it will work

it's like trying to do a random trick shot or something whacky in sports or any activity like shooting the ball while rebounding it off the wall or a couple of walls and it ends up going in

chances are low but it will/can happen.

there is nothing which can be said to be or not be a certain way

all is possible

the famous example of monkeys hitting random keyboard strokes and typing up the whole of Shakespeare - likely? not very... but possible? 100% !  

Love Is The Answer

@Arkandeus The things you think you want aren't always necessary the things you actually want. In fact, you don't know what you want even though you might think you do.

@Yousef for someone untrained like you and I ... intense work and dedication on concentration of that thought 

works with growing belief and traction

say you put a small object in-front of you and focus your entire will to move it and believe that you can do so

now when you begin, you do not yet have the belief as a proof. it's more so a belief like you and I may have about the absolute/oneness as existing out there... i haven't had a glimpse or a deep enough glimpse to recognize what it was when i did have it...

but as Leo and many others say, once you have the glimpse, you know that it is a REAL thing beyond just an idea/concept

same thing here, it can be 100s of hours before you can move the small object (if you are able to that is) 

but ONCE you do move it, even by 1 Centimeter you have your proof right there which ignites the flame of belief and then from there on . you are able to do it more and more and with increased strength and ability to do it and at WILL

but keep in mind, the concentration on doing this requires a lot of practice and dedication 

Love Is The Answer

@Yousef there is no cause/effect in reality

all just is... so the mechanism you seek is not there (there can be apparent mechanisms which seemingly exist but you and I know they are also appearances and not mechanisms) 

what i am telling you is what appears to happen

and your beliefs (which are also appearing to you) define what you experience and how you will experience reality (also beyond your control)

but even after all this, we can choose to make decisions and do things in life

so, just like that, if this is what appears to happen, it will bring about that manifestation

also - keep in mind, absolute infinity - all possibilities existing, not actualized for you in the moment but they are there. all of them.

so yes, instead of the mechanism of how the object will/maybe moved by thought, it's rather understanding the mechanism of reality as a whole which will allow you to understand how that scenario may happen / manifest 

Love Is The Answer

21 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@Yousef bingo! good one ^^^^

but fo real!

sounds crazy but yes, you can manifest an elephant if you believed strongly enough in being able to do so

stop splatting about lies 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Arkandeus

Don't buy into the dogma. That's obviously the wrong way to look at the law of attraction, but the truth is that there's a deeper, underlying force at work here. In fact it's so profound that it's literally magic if used correctly and with the right context and expectations.

Are you aware that visualization is such a strong tool? Are you aware of how many synchronicities you experience on a daily basis, and how that's actually not "possible?" You can deny the power of the mind to attract what it wants, but all the evidence is right in front of you. Just observe.

So what's the deeper mechanism at play? Well we're obviously not in a physical universe. This is all a mindscape. That should give you some clues. The law of attraction is very real, but it's often blown way out of proportion by lower consciousness people only interested in material goods. Don't buy into it, actually start to see it for what it is.  

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

4 hours ago, Arkandeus said:

It is the most toxic concept around in the spiritual community, left and right you hear about law of attraction

It is worse then what we've been taught by society

At least in society you're educated that if you work hard for something, you can get it, you have to work hard,but you can get it

Now this so called spiritual concept of law of attraction which is thrown about everywhere, you can't step a foot without hearing about it, this law is the carrot on the stick, this law is pure assholery  

Now in my spiritual path I find myself having to detoxify from these insanely sabotaging and enslaving beliefs, 

"To attract what you want, you must pay no attention to it,  and if you're not attracting what you want, that means you're trying to hard"

"Life will give it to you at the right moment, at the right time, you must be appreciative even when you're not getting it, and when you get it you must also be appreciative"  

I'm gonna make a quick simple scenario to display how utterly crazy this belief is, that is pushed by the spiritual community 

Imagine being a son or daughter and living with your parents, I use this scenario because this compares well, life is like the parent. One weekend you want to go to the movies so you ask for allowance. Your parents say no, we know best when its right time to go the movies. 2 months later, its the end of the exams and they say "hey I know you wanted to go the movies but we'll go to disneyland yay!". It doesn't seem that reasonable right? But time after time after time its the same thing, whenever you ask for something, you're told to wait and that you will receive it at a later date, and you receive eventually who knows when, most of the time you receive when you don't even care about it anymore, when you're not even excited about it anymore.

Some spiritual people will jump out of the woodwork and say that thats good because life teaches you that you don't need these things and when it finally gives to you what you want and you see how you don't care about the thing you asked for anymore, thats success! Victory!  

Well fuck this shit, I'm tired of subscribing to such beliefs, whats the point, you're never getting what you want, and when you get it you don't care about it anymore, I don't need to believe that everytime I want something, some asshole up there is going to decide when its appropriate and where, if I want to go to the movies now, I want to go the movie now, not 6 months from now on

This belief is extremely toxic, because the second you're not "appreciative" of this wonderful system, then you're told you will certainly not get it. 

Wow, what a belief, you're supposed to be grateful for chasing carrots all day, and when you receive something, its not in the shape you wanted it, because life always knows better, better be grateful.. or else. 

This belief is extremely disempowering, and its sadistic, you're supposed to be grateful for not getting what you want and waiting around, and if you're not, you'll never get anything, it takes all the power away from you...yeah perhaps its a good belief if you want to be appreciative of life, but you'll just end up as some puppet, forever waiting around for daddy to give you want when he decides so

Yeah it might seem stupid to chose to take 100 dollars right now instead of being patient waiting 3 months for life to give me 1000 dollars, but Im not gonna spend my entire life waiting and never deciding what I get. The 100 dollars might seem meager compared to the 1000 bucks but at least in that moment I wanted the 100 bucks and I got the 100 bucks, thats what I call, a good moment, a sane moment.

So yeah goodbye law of attraction,this belief goes right in the trashbin

I caught on to this bullshit long ago, Im glad someone else sees it how it is. There are many who are afraid to say it doesn't work, because they think "If I believe just 1 more day, maybe it will work!! But if I say it doesnt work then im screeeeeeewed!!"
Leave it to those who want to believe to believe. If it really worked, it would work without all the limitations it has. Something happens by chance and people attribute it to the LOA if they have read about it, while in fact it was just something lucky happening to them. When something unlucky happens, they say ooooh, its probably because I dont believe enough!! Well DUH! ofcourse you dont believe enough, you just doubted if you believe enough!! It's a self fulfilling prophecy. 

This "law" (not really a law, because it is not something constant) only exists, because of the fear in people's minds to let go of their belief, because its scary.  My advice to those people is  - try it! You will see you get exactly the same results by not believing this LIE as you would if you did beLIEve it. Check it, it works!!! Actually your results might even be better, because you will know that YOU have to do something about your situation, not just wait for the universe to give you something, which never comes unless you grab it.  

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

3 minutes ago, Dodo said:

stop splatting about lies 

@Dodo

there exists, within absolute infinity, a phenomenal experience in which there is a thought which appears about making an elephant appear out of thin air followed by the appearance of that elephant out no seemingly nowhere

all above are distinctions so it's modulation of these distinctions in that way - when you place labels on each of those distinctions, then you have an elephant appearing out of thin air preceded by a thought which wills it into seeming existence 

that's all which is being said.

so yes, do tell me, would that bolded line above be a lie?

i am also seriously asking, do tell me. thanks

i don't think that it is incorrect to say that (again the chances in our universe are very possible 1 / infinte ) but it is possible - heck it IS the case somewhere right now :) 

Love Is The Answer

8 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@Dodo

there exists, within absolute infinity, a phenomenal experience in which there is a thought which appears about making an elephant appear out of thin air followed by the appearance of that elephant out no seemingly nowhere

all above are distinctions so it's modulation of these distinctions in that way - when you place labels on each of those distinctions, then you have an elephant appearing out of thin air preceded by a thought which wills it into seeming existence 

that's all which is being said.

so yes, do tell me, would that bolded line above be a lie?

i am also seriously asking, do tell me. thanks

i don't think that it is incorrect to say that (again the chances in our universe are very possible 1 / infinte ) but it is possible - heck it IS the case somewhere right now :) 

Please don't drag me into your rabbit hole of overthinking. The present moment is rather simple and in it there is no chance of an elephant appearing out of thin air, because there are rules to this reality. In a dream at night - perhaps it can work, but not here. 

And no, it doesn't not appear because I don't believe, because the very reason for not believing it is due to it never happening. If it did happen every day that an elephant appears (or even once), my belief in the matter would be different - but not before it happens, rather AFTER it happens - so the belief is not what would create the event, I hope you get that. The belief is BASED on the experience, the experience is not based on the belief. You've got it all flipped. You need to re-evaluate. Perhaps drop all the mind BS and go into meditation. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo  aren't the thought/experience one? i dont think i have it "flipped" there is no "flipped" if they are both the same thing... two sides of a coin, still a coin

and sure, elepahtn out of thin air was an absurd example

but there are cases about levitation, magic, mind movement etc all over in this reality with these "rules" that you talk about.

there are no rules! all is possible within this particular realm too... just that the probablity is close to zero... which can be undone.

anyhow, yes, the point was not to dwell in the oberthinking. so i'll end it here :) 

@Yousef  reality is all. from the absolute sense there are no places where something works or doesn't work . the rules from the absolute sense do not even exist. but yes, for @Arkandeus i was just talking about him thinking about the two sides of LOA - both being beliefs in of themself

the tanget to that with the whole manifestation as possible talk was my conversation with you, not @Arkandeus :) 

Love Is The Answer

Law of attraction does not mean that you have to wait something and it is very real thing, not just belief, law of attraction teaches you some fundamental  things  about human psyche,world system.  

Edited by purerogue

5 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@Dodo  aren't the thought/experience one? i dont think i have it "flipped" there is no "flipped" if they are both the same thing... two sides of a coin, still a coin

and sure, elepahtn out of thin air was an absurd example

but there are cases about levitation, magic, mind movement etc all over in this reality with these "rules" that you talk about.

there are no rules! all is possible within this particular realm too... just that the probablity is close to zero... which can be undone.

anyhow, yes, the point was not to dwell in the oberthinking. so i'll end it here :) 

@Yousef  reality is all. from the absolute sense there are no places where something works or doesn't work . the rules from the absolute sense do not even exist. but yes, for @Arkandeus i was just talking about him thinking about the two sides of LOA - both being beliefs in of themself

the tanget to that with the whole manifestation as possible talk was my conversation with you, not @Arkandeus :) 

Ok so clearly if you believe anything is possible, it should be possible for you. Show me, spawn me 1 million bucks, shouldn't be that hard for you, it's only 0% chance to happen. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo lol i included myself in the set of the people who are far away from this possibility

this would require a lot of time and dedication and focus to accomplish

again, crazy examples like million bucks or elephant to spawn aside

but trying to move a small object with mind - very doable...

can i do it? 

nope

is it possible ?

with enough work and effort, yes

how much is enough? cannot be said :)

same as enlightenment, it's the love for truth and how badly you want it which also drives the movement towards the realization - sure it can happen spontaneously to someone who knows nothing about the path (kinda like the first "glimpse" ) I had... 

Love Is The Answer

Just now, SoonHei said:

@Dodo lol i included myself in the set of the people who are far away from this possibility

this would require a lot of time and dedication and focus to accomplish

again, crazy examples like million bucks or elephant to spawn aside

but trying to move a small object with mind - very doable...

can i do it? 

nope

is it possible ?

with enough work and effort, yes

how much is enough? cannot be said :)

same as enlightenment, it's the love for truth and how badly you want it which also drives the movement towards the realization - sure it can happen spontaneously to someone who knows nothing about the path (kinda like the first "glimpse" ) I had... 

how do you know if it is possible if you have no accomplished it? 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo because there cannot be any limits to what is possible or not

you make your own reality - (not implying this is what i am choosing  to believe in)

there is nothing which can prevent this from happening

again, if you talk about rules in this reality

then explain any mystical experience to a person of science ... they will let you be thinking you've lost ye marbles 

Love Is The Answer

Just now, SoonHei said:

@Dodo because there cannot be any limits to what is possible or not

you make your own reality - (not implying this is what i am choosing  to believe in)

there is nothing which can prevent this from happening

again, if you talk about rules in this reality

then explain any mystical experience to a person of science ... they will let you be thinking you've lost ye marbles 

Saying there cannot be any limits is a limit

GOT YA!

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟