Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
non_nothing

This will destroy your EGO, [2 min watch]

16 posts in this topic

Lol, that video was created in sort of a confusing way. He never said he was going to put NEW numbers on the screen, the way he was talking the viewer assumed the same numbers were going to appear again, and then surprised you with 9 new numbers.

Just now, EternalForest said:

Lol, that video was created in sort of a confusing way. He never said he was going to put NEW numbers on the screen, the way he was talking the viewer assumed the same numbers were going to appear again, and then surprised you with 9 new numbers.

Can you?

7 hours ago, non_nothing said:

Start from 0:30, watch min 1:45

Are you calling me more stupid then monkey? :D 

Well I tried it only once and did not know what will happen , it was not fair really. 

Edited by purerogue

Memory gets worse as you progress often actually. Most enlightened dudes memory gets worse and worse as the hey progress.

Im speaking from experience but if you don’t want to take my word for it. Jeffrey Martin did a study on how enlightenment changed people’s cognitive functions and experience.

He interviewed dozens of spiritual teachers, if not hundreds in his study.

11 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

Memory gets worse as you progress often actually. Most enlightened dudes memory gets worse and worse as the hey progress.

Im speaking from experience but if you don’t want to take my word for it. Jeffrey Martin did a study on how enlightenment changed people’s cognitive functions and experience.

Hm one also sees that things happen more synchronisitically

Direction, and the fact that things are not coincidences and random can become more evident.

This direction, which is synchronicities for example might point towards. Can be experienced, seen and felt in higher stages on non duality.

In earlier stages, and upon awakening, however, upon realising that there is a lack of conceptual, and forced meaning the directionless nihilism that results from that realisation might make one completely blind to this “direction” let’s call it.

34 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

There's a certain truth in that. I have noticed that too. But the transcending experience was for me, after a while having myself identified as "weaker mind, weaker memory" I gained a lot experience. People around me also noticed this too and I had very hard times going through this. I also intentionally were identifying myself as this role of "weak memory, more stupid person"... It was hard to go through this.

My proposal to this experience is the theory of mine which is: "Ego creates/allocates space in memory via tension" It's hard to put it in few words for me. But that sentence is all the fact I've discovered. So as you dissolve your ego, the tricks of your ego what have made you think of memory in the past also gets dissolved. You feel comfortable when you're in flow with EGO, while ego is driving you. You feel safe with egoic patterns. It created all kinds of patterns in your mind to respond to people and situations quickly "yes I remember that, also I think bla bla bla"....It was on the drive for vehicle for a long time.

Meanwhile as you progress in spiritual path, you were dissolving the false memory EGO has created for yourself too. Now while you're getting off of egoic patterns, you also still need to go on, on your life. But there's vast new space and no patterns are installed. So when you're in situations or with people and whenever you need to respond, you get blank because this is new to you and so this experience gets falsely and naturally identifies as "something wrong, memory weak, I cannot remember" etc etc.

I have great news for everyone going through this from the future. As you can see, this is just yet another experience you have to go through. It is the mind who will attack you back with false identities and will try to make you feel bad about it. It is not an enemy. When used and understood wisely, it kind of helps you to notify the things and gain experience from those things. The twist is and THE MOST GRAND BENEFIT IS, now you can learn new things within the space you've freed via removing ego's space in your mind. Everyone has to go through this on it's own. You'll go mystic about it and do wonderful things with the new life that you're building from now on. You are now, can remember things very easily and effortlessly because It all happens without needing of "YOU" as a thinker. Yes, here, take this gem and move on. Remembering, memory and wisdom are effortless. Blessings.

Edited by non_nothing

There are people who could do it just as fast as this best shimp, I think you are reading to much into it , you just cherry picked their best ship to show something,  I believe that there is some truth , their brain clearly are more trained to be alert and read situation, but it is just normal, you could do just as good with training without losing any memory. 

Edited by purerogue

2 minutes ago, purerogue said:

There are people who could do it just as fast as this best shimp, I think you are reading to much into it , you just cherry picked their best ship to show something,  I believe that there is some truth , their brain clearly are more trained to be alert and read situation, but it is just normal, you could do just as good with training without losing any memory. 

You're focusing on wrong points. You the cherry picker actually. This shows that your ego is in drive. Let go of it.

@non_nothing All I know is I’ve been in non duality in 4 years, and the depth of my experience has increased immeasurably, but I also don’t remember shit. I don’t need to either. 

This has to do with the relation we have to memory. Egoic man, and “enlightened” man to a lesser degree (in beginning stages at least.) 

Attempt to gather and use as much information as they possibly can so they can “survive” in a better fashion. So their “survival” chances go up.

This is why the egoic mind is constantly thinking. It is trying to think of every possibility, every scenario, use every piece of information, and etc to figure out how to survive really well.

Upon awakening, enlightenment, and progress even after that. This relationship to the intellect, and memory changes, and one places very little importance on the obsession to control. To survive. One lives without worries & cares, but also without the strange counterproductive relationship an egoic man has to one’s memory and intellect.

Hope that was clear

1 minute ago, Arhattobe said:

Hope that was clear

Yes It is, also what I'd propose to you is to access the knowledge within higher states. Discover it for yourself. The effortless memory and power of wisdom residing in there.

6 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

You're focusing on wrong points. You the cherry picker actually. This shows that your ego is in drive. Let go of it.

Nothing to do with ego, I watched further in video, not just 2 min to agree with your point, it does not matter to me if all ships would be able to do it , it is about facts not cherry picking to fill my own agenda. 

@non_nothing You would only care, if you had control blockages, or discontent. With the false view that some irrrelevant thing like good memory can have a positive affect on your life, how people perceive you or your sense of self worth.

Siddhis, powers, and abilities are not only irrelevant but stem from deep seeded issues. So does infatuation and interest with them.

If one shows interest. One misses the point.

You can never have enough control, look cool enough, or be able enough to be content.

Once that is understood and one reaches a high state as you put it, the simple things will become a priority. Like societies welfare, welfare of those around you.

This didn't destroy my ego. This video simply says that humans sacrificed a bit of short term memory to speak language.

Edited by CreamCat