Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annoynymous

Victim Thinking

9 posts in this topic

@purerogue don't you think in some situation we are really victim and we find it difficult to change our situation?

Because you create excuses.

Is it up to you?

If yes, then you can act.

If no, why even bother?

9 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@purerogue don't you think in some situation we are really victim and we find it difficult to change our situation?

I  am not sure at what point you start using word victim, life circumstances that does not suit our needs does not make us victim, but I guess there are certain situations where you could say that you are victim of something, 

4 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

Why victim thinking is harmful? How does it damage us?

Victim thinking is useful in that it can temporarily make us feel okay for "wrongs" we may have experienced. But make no mistake, it is a coping mechanism and needs to eventually be left behind if you are going to self-actualized.

It damages us by taking away our power. When you say "I am a victim", what you're saying is that you don't believe you have the ability to effect this outcome. It just happened "to me".

But the victim mentality is self-reinforcing. Because when you don't feel like you have the power to change an outcome, you won't do anything to change it. Which just makes you feel like more of a victim. And the cycle continues.

Now let's say you decide to not be a victim. You decide to take responsibility for the outcomes in your life and believe you have the power to change them. All of a sudden, possibilities and solutions open up because your mind is looking for them.

Spirituality speaking victim thinking is also just a huge lie. You are one with God, an eternal soul. How could you possibly be a victim?

It's harmful because life is hard. Life sucks if you don't have the strength and skill to deal with what life throws at you.

Just remember you are giving someone else or thing power over you when you become a victim. You become the puppet (victim) and the puppet master ("perpetrator") can pull the strings when he/she/it wants to, not because they can but because you gave them that power by becoming a victim. 

Only conscious saying no to fear can make it end. Not admitting fear, not admitting dissociation, will allow unawareness. Through unawareness, any evil deeds can be done