Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,792 posts in this topic

I’m just not relationship material

I found a degree of peace in giving up the idea of having a relationship with a significant other. I’m content being single and to be honest, I’m too selfish to be in a relationship. I’ve lived alone too long. I like the freedom that comes with living alone. After my last relationship ended about 5 or 6 years ago I decided I wouldn’t put another woman through the misery of being in a relationship with me.  Do I have second thoughts at times? Sure,,, I guess I’m a proponent of never say never. But deciding or realizing  I didn’t have to be married or in a committed relationship to be happy has saved me a lot of worry. 
So I’m content being a loner and a introvert and a hermit. I don’t like public speaking and I’m ok with that too. I think I’m a person of empathy but on the other hand I care less and less about what other people think of me. In the past I was prone to being a doormat for others or at least worrying what other people’s thoughts were about me. I didn’t realize how insecure I was. It feels good to have put a lot of those insecurities behind me. I find that the old saying is so true that finding or having peace is an inside job. No one can do it for you.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

As always, enjoying your posts. Thank you for sharing.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Likewise, @tsuki Thanks for stopping by,,,

I’ve copied and pasted below some interesting comments from Osho regarding the Science of Idiotism.

Osho on Gurdjieff's Science of Idiotism

Gurdjieff certainly forced people to drink, but only the people who were against alcohol. He used to make toasts every night for all the kinds of idiots in the world. He had twenty-one categories of idiots. I don′t know to which category you would belong, but you must belong to some category. Unless you are awakened you are bound to belong to some category or other.

An idiot is a person who is trying to find joy where joy does not exist at all, who is trying to search for something which he has never lost in the first place. The enlightened person is one who has looked into his being before searching for anything anywhere else. It is better to look in your own house. He has looked in and has found it there. Now his search has disappeared.

The person who is interested in alcohol must be living in misery, in a kind of suffering. That′s why he wants somehow to forget it all. Alcohol is nothing but a chemical strategy to forget your miseries, anxieties, your problems, to forget yourself.
My whole effort here is to help you to remember yourself - and you want to forget yourself. By forgetting yourself you will be creating more and more hell for yourself and for others. Remember, rather, remember yourself.

My methods are different from George Gurdjieff′s. I am not in favor of any alcoholic beverages. I am not in favor of any psychedelic drugs either, because they all create illusory worlds for you and they all are distractions. They make you more and more oblivious of your own being, unaware of your own self.

My work is based in awareness. The word ′awareness′ is the golden key here, the master key. You have to learn to be more aware. Howsoever painful it is in the beginning, be more aware, because it is by becoming more aware that one day you will become part of the celebration of the whole.

Aes Dhammo Sanantano - this is the eternal inexhaustible law.

taken from https://www.satrakshita.com/osho_on_the_science_of_idiotism.htm

More here about the Science of Idiotism from the same website -

https://www.satrakshita.com/the_science_of_idiotism.htm

There are several discrepancies among those who are brave or foolish enough to offer ideas or facts about the Science of Idiotism. I’m still of the opinion that Bruno Martin’s book - The Realized Idiot - offers the most complete view of any one work.
IMG_0268.JPGIMG_0267.JPG

My I Ching reading today just had one changing line in Hexagram 33. Line 4

C5B24141-560B-4AEF-B483-CBA6012D1C1D.jpeg

J G Bennett lived a very long life with many chapters. He met Gurdjieff in Constantinople as a young Officer in the English Army. He had an off & on relationship with Gurdjieff until late in Gurdjieff’s life where he spent two years or so with Him until Gurdjieff’s death in 1949. During that time Bennett and his wife Elizabeth kept diaries. It was from these diaries that the book - Idiots in Paris - was put together. Bennett was very much a free thinker. There’s a lot about his life after the death of Gurdjieff that I’m unfamiliar with.

A quote from his website- 

To replace all negative attitudes towards the existing world by a feeling of confidence and love towards the new world which is being born, towards the still unborn child that is the future mankind, to arouse in oneself constantly this love of the future humanity. Every time one observes in oneself some kind of negative attitude, to take this as the reminder that we human beings live on this Earth in order to serve and particularly to serve the future, and to serve with love, with hope, with confidence that it is possible for mankind to be born again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Bennett

https://www.jgbennett.org/

https://www.gurdjieff.org/bennett.htm

I usually cringe at turquoise book recommendations, but J.G. Bennett's Enneagram Studies is what I consider to be a solid turquoise book. I has taught me a new way of looking at the world. Amazing work.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki Glad you mentioned that. 
I almost quoted you from last week in the post above about how much you liked and learned from that book of Bennett’s. 

I forgot to post Jim’s mini column on Sunday. An interesting one for sure.

Her Angry Rash
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2021 Dr. Jim Rosen

It certainly wasn't all in her head.  It was right there on both arms.  Red - swollen - broken skin - oozing pus - and it itched terribly.  She'd had it for ten years by the time she came to see me.  She had been to several medical doctors and taken numerous medical treatments for it, but none gave her lasting relief.  After some initial psychotherapy, including hypnosis, the source of the rash came to the surface.  There had been a very loud disagreement with her boss at the time, and she had erupted with a kind of hostility that disgusted her and frightened her badly.  From that point on, she was too afraid of her own anger to let it come out.  So, consciously she didn’t let it come out.  Instead, anger had been expressing itself unconsciously by erupting on both her arms.  Well, a psychological problem deserves and requires a psychological solution.  After some additional psychotherapy, she learned to not be afraid of her anger.  The rash soon disappeared.  She learned to assert her anger appropriately, without damage to herself or other people, and the rash stayed gone.

I’m enjoying a lot of Leo’s short clips. 
We all lie to ourselves. As unflattering as it is, I still do I have to admit.

Do you acknowledge any of your lies that you tell yourself?
Do you justify your negative emotions when they crop up?  I view expressing negative emotions to be about on the same level as lying. I’m not encouraging the suppressing of them. Just the non-expression of them. There’s wisdom to be gained whenever you’re able to hold your tongue.

Do I still express negative emotions at times? I do.

Red Hawk uses an interesting expression in his book Self Observation: The Awakening of Conscience. An Owners Manual-

which is - “Sometimes I eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats me.”

I became depressed for a while today. Reflecting on what a shit I’ve been at times in the past brought it on.  Not a distant past either. Kind of a mixture of recent and distant occasions. 
Fell into self criticism I guess, actually. I don’t feel I’m any improved for putting myself through that. Along with the useless self criticism though was something else. Remorse.

The Oracle of the Cosmic Way points out the fallacy of guilt. With guilt we only put poison arrows in our psyche. These poison arrows perpetuate a fate that keeps the whole thing going. More or less it says the idea of sin and guilt is just plain bullshit that divides people against themselves. If we’re out of balance with the Cosmos, remorse of conscience can make the necessary adjustments. No need for a permanent stain of guilt that only cripples us psychologically. To me it jives perfectly with what Jesus is teaching in ACIM. Forgiveness or overlooking of grievances. Letting go of grievances. Not holding grudges. Not getting caught up in the glue-like stickiness of self-criticism or guilt or judgment or keeping score. No need for keeping accounts or seeking merit either. Everyone is innocent in a sense. Even Hitler.

Just let go. Go beyond. Metanoia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metanoia_(theology)

My sister shared this YouTube with me and I watched it later in the day. This guy makes sense. Has a sense of humor too.

https://youtu.be/53RX2ESIqsM

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I most always enjoy Rupert Sheldrake’s talks. Here he gets into telepathy and similar topics.
Is it a specific kind of regional accent that I’m unaware of that makes him sound so proper? Or just what is it? 
It goes well with his dry sense of humor, anyway.

@Zigzag Idiot I do like Sheldrake's ideas, he's kind of a model for what more scientists should be like, open to radical ideas. His accent is a bit old school Received Pronunciation (RP), it's a non-accent if you like. RP has changed over time, newsreaders on the BBC speak in the modern version of RP.

All stories and explanations are false.

Received Pronunciation in the old school style. If I got that right. That’s a new one for me.
Thanks for the reply @LastThursday

From Sheldrake to the Beatles, Zeppelin and Pink Floyd to Maurice Nicoll to Monte Python. I’ve always been heavy in interest and admiration for things British. I’ve wondered if at some point I might uncover past life memories from that part of the world. Being a descendent of Oliver Cromwell as well.
Long live a John Cleese!

If You Feed It, It Becomes A Monster
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2021 Dr. Jim Rosen

Don't feed that ugly emotion.  Emotions are like living, breathing creatures.  When you act on a negative emotion, such as insecurity or anger, and you do or say the insecure or angry thing, you are feeding the very emotion you don't want.  So it grows bigger and bigger, sometimes into monstrous proportions.  Then it seems to take control of you and it dominates your life.  But if you don't feed it (if you don't act on it, if you don't do or say the ugly thing), it shrinks little by little.  So instead, no matter how small they may seem in comparison, you can feed your beautiful emotions (such as security and outward loving and confidence).  By doing the secure and loving and confident things, your beautiful emotions are the ones that grow bigger and stronger.  Slowly and surely, these positives become the dominant emotions in your life.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Typo

Nirioonossian World sound
Over the last few months I had noticed a drop off of hearing the chorus of crickets that began about 2017. Today I did a NN Dmt trip. As soon as I was emersed in that world/state of consciousness I noticed a return of that phenomena with quite a loud volume. As I write this, it is still with me quite loudly. I like it.  It’s a peaceful sound. 

Synchronisticly, I encountered this website a few months after it originally began.

http://humanityhealing.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/The-Cerebellum-and-the-Alta-Major.pdf

Oceanic experience - primary narcissism - primordial presence

nonbeing the other side of being

Following this trail of breadcrumbs facilitates understanding and an increase in Being. IMO, what’s being offered here is a parallel process to that of a certain partial process of awakening and Self realization reflected in the following condensed explanation.

First you must Awaken, then you die, then you can become a twice born.

The post above was composed on the fly.
Yesterday after getting out of bed and eating breakfast. Still half asleep while listening to the Almaas clip while also reading about primary narcissism from the glossary I got hit again by the profundity of these elements being tied together. It may be off in a way and could have written it a little better but I’m just letting it stand as it is.

———————————————————

Back when I was a Zen Devil

It goes out especially to all of you who battle with one another over veganism, vegetarianism, or a diet consisting of meat.

This was a poem written by a former Teacher. At the time, I was pretty much a Zen Devil, using today’s lingo. This was the last time I saw Dwight in person in 2005.  I think he copied this down when he excused himself for a bit while he went to the restroom. Looking back on it I realized this was his way of neutralizing the atmosphere of tension that existed. Prior to this visit he had been pushing my buttons quite a bit which is what a good spiritual teacher will do from time to time for different reasons. 
Well, here I was in his house, and kinda being a dick but in mostly passive ways. Dwight was a really conscious human being in addition to being a really good artist. For those for whom it matters Dwight was vegan. His life had not been especially life easy because he admitted to me he had struggled with alcoholism for much of his life and three years prior to me meeting him he had lost his wife to cancer. 
Having learned that I had never read the spiritual classic BE HERE NOW he insisted on giving me an old copy he had. Folded  and stuck into the book was this poem which I later found. I drove away that day still with a bit of attitude though. He waved as I left and had during the afternoon long  visit, been a gracious host. Not once in any way displaying any kind of negative emotion.

6C5DCA53-CB33-40D5-92F4-C075EEA54D7B.jpeg

Below is an essay written by Dwight about Esoteric Christianity I shared a few months ago.  

An effective practice 

Suddenly,  just don’t care.

Behold Yourself
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2021 Dr. Jim Rosen

Instead of focusing on the tiny speck of negative in your brothers and sisters, look at the ocean of light and love coming from them.  Each and every one of them is a cherished and fully worthy child of God.  Each and everyone have the love of God within.  Don’t see it in others?  Then you don’t see it in yourself either.  You think of yourself as unworthy.  See it in a select group, but you don’t see it in all?  Then you are denying the truth.  The truth is real whether you choose to see it or not.  The sunlight of God’s love is there, in all, even when obscured by dark clouds of fear, guilt and anger.  Brush the clouds away in your mind.  And see the light and love and goodness in all your brothers and sisters.  Behold your Self through the eyes of love.