Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,796 posts in this topic

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I’ve shared this in the past in High Consciousness Resources.  It’s a great sampler for the whole set. 

Listening to this complete set repeatedly to a ridiculous extent, years ago, probably grew me more than any other single work.  

Description of the whole set from Sounds True.     Link is below.

One of our greatest possibilities, teaches Wilber, is "to balance and harmonize our experiences at whatever stage of growth we are in—and to deepen our capacity for compassion, consciousness, and care." For Ken Wilber's many avid readers, and anyone who has been waiting for a highly accessible invitation to his work, here is one of the most significant thinkers of our time—spontaneous, passionate, irreverent—sharing a feast of ideas to inspire you on your evolution toward Kosmic Consciousness.

Kosmic Consciousness Highlights:

The "one taste" of the Kosmos

Quadrants, lines, states, types, and stages—a complete introduction to the Integral Map

Assessing your constellation of "multiple intelligences"

The Good, the True, and the Beautiful—three realms of experience explored

How meditation works, and why it is the most reliable tool for personal development

Feminine and masculine drives—how our biology influences our spiritual evolution

The chakra system, a paradigm for the unfolding self

Integral insights for artists, businesspeople, and athletes

Altered states of consciousness—how they can catalyze (or hinder) transformation

Sexuality and lovemaking in the gross, subtle, and causal bodies

The"pre-trans fallacy," an essential insight for evaluating spiritual tools, traditions, and teachers

How fearlessness grows as your sense of self expands

Four definitions of spirituality

The ego—is it a vehicle or an obstacle to awakening?

Lucid dreaming, astrology, brain machines, and the Enneagram—integral perspectives

Mystical experiences in nature—a window into spirit

How love "re-wires" the self

Could your dog be an enlightened master?

Basic moral intuition—a compass for our actions in the world

Cultural "centers of gravity" and how they influence us

Reincarnation—myth or provable phenomenon?

What does an enlightened teacher "transmit"?

Ascending, descending, and "nondual" spiritual paths

Tantra and the "embrace of heaven and earth"

More than 12 hours of insights in a rare series of meetings with Ken Wilber

https://www.soundstrue.com/products/kosmic-consciousness

Saying the inner NO.

This is a great method for establishing and/or protecting your boundaries and not becoming egoic in doing so.

Cause and Effect
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2021 Dr. Jim Rosen

Your thoughts and actions lead to outcome A.  The problem is that you want outcome B.  OK, not a problem.  Just change your thoughts and actions to the ones that lead to outcome B.  Oh, but there is a problem.  You don’t want to change your thoughts and actions.  You want to keep on believing what you believe and behaving the way you behave.  So you are stuck with outcome A.  Now that appears to be a problem.  You are up against the law of cause and effect.  You didn’t design God’s Universe and you didn’t create the law of cause and effect, but there it is staring you right in the face.  If you say and do and think the things that cause A, then A is what you get – every time.  But if you will embrace the needed changes instead of fighting them and resisting them and refusing them, you can point yourself toward B and cause it to happen.  The problem is not a problem – if you will let go and accept the law of cause and effect.

Consulting the I CHING this morning I got hexagram 62 - Preponderance of the Small with line 4 changing

creating a second hexagram 39 - Meeting Obstructions

Commentary from line 4-

7CD284A4-7D04-4D8E-BB17-91E855A4AA8A.jpeg

ABB41414-864C-4CCE-97BC-0C37CBF3EF06.jpeg

I enjoy reading excerpts at random in the Ridhwan Glossary -

Enjoying Inquiry

The aim of inquiry, however, is not to arrive at conclusions but to enjoy the exploration and the thrill of discovery. This discovery is the unfoldment of the soul, and expresses the soul’s love of truth and reality, which itself is the expression of Being’s love of revealing itself. 

Spacecruiser Inquiry, pg. 19

Being Authentically and Fully Ourselves

We have seen that in order for us to be authentically and fully ourselves, our identity must include the ontological depth of the soul, essential presence, and that to be presence means simply to be. When we are simply being, our experience of ourselves is direct, immediate, spontaneous, and natural, free from the influence of the thick veil of accumulated memories, ideas, ideals and images. We have also seen that conventional experience does not allow the experience of self-realization because conventional experience is virtually determined by this thick veil of personal history. We have noted that ordinarily the self cannot experience itself separately from the self-representation, and that, in fact, it experiences itself from within, and through, that representation … it now becomes clear that the veil of personal history is the self-representation. Regardless of how realistic the self representation is, it cannot contain the true reality of the self. 

The Point of Existence, pg. 63

Ego Structures are Always Alienated from True Being

However, looked at from the dimension of Being, regardless of how mature and integrated ego is, it is always a precocious development. We have seen that the ego becomes the system that structures, and includes in its structures the ego functions. It becomes, in other words, the functional part of oneself. We have also seen that ego development is an incomplete process, short of the realization of the Personal Essence. Ego structures are always alienated from the true Being, so the functional part of oneself is separate from who one is. Thus from the perspective of Being, ego development is a development of functioning that is separate from who one is. When there is appropriate emotional development, the individual is better off than the narcissistic character we have just described. However, it is intrinsically the same kind of situation, for in both cases—normal and pathological ego development—there is dissociation from one’s Being.

Pearl Beyond Price, pg. 351

This lecture is SO rich!
His way of expressing complex issues and the commonly held upside-down-ness of the of the cultural consensus trance and its undoing, otherwise known as awakening, makes it more of a possibility. For the first time, or as a repeat lesson as in Self Remembering in the Gurdjieffian usage.

My inspiration for expressing has outrun my capacity for doing so. I’ll have to come back and try later. ?

One Thing You'll Never Be Tortured By
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2021 Dr. Jim Rosen

“The best thing for being sad is to learn something.  That is the only thing that never fails.  You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honor trampled in the sewers of baser minds.  There is only one thing for it then – to learn.  Learn why the world wags and what wags it.  That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting.  Learning is the thing for you.”  (Merlyn, the magician, speaking to young Arthur in “The Once and Future King” by T. H. White.)  Perhaps there is something that you need to learn that you have been resisting instead of allowing.  Accepting it, allowing it, letting it in will help calm your distress.

I noticed the Tami Simon interview with Ken Wilber, Kosmic Consciousness on the shelf behind Hameed on this video.

36A1ED47-C635-49C4-A2A9-52DA949A4AA2.jpeg
This is a great set to have and listen to repeatedly. I had to anyway. This was about 2004. I was totally lost about 10 minutes into most of the cd’s. Slowly, over time I lost count on the number of times I replayed them . After 2 or 3 years I could finish many of Ken’s or Tami’s sentences as the interview played. On the inside of the folder is a handy index on the subjects talked about on each cd. It’s where I learned most of my knowledge on Spiral Dynamics .

I was enjoying Leo’s latest video earlier today. As he talked about Spiral Dynamics, I realized I’ve had a shadow in SD blue. Actually, Leo’s talk helped me to realize more of what it is to have a shadow at one of the levels. I’m watching/listening to this video again this evening. Trying to finish it.

Leo talks about leaded gasoline that was outlawed in the late seventies. I use to burn this stuff in my little motor bikes. A Honda 90 and then later a Yamaha 120. The cow trails were my one lane roads as they wove all over the ranch.

Bozo the clown

As a kid I never cared for Bozo the clown. Thought he was only for kids much younger than me or the simple minded. That changed as a teenager. I’m referring to the show where a bunch of kids would go into a tv studio and sit on some benches that looked like small bleachers. In between showing of cartoons Bozo would talk to the kids and ask them questions. Perhaps I had never paid enough attention but I began to have a real appreciation for Bozo’s wit. He would ask kids questions that would lock them up like a Zen koan. Questions like, “Do you like chocolate cake or is it just a pretty good day today?” Or “What’s your favorite sea creature or would you rather look out of a telescope?” Or maybe- “Do you appreciate all the great things your Mother does for you or just the really good things?”
You could watch the kids hung up in bewilderment and it was hilarious. 
I did a google search hoping to find some more of the kind of questions he would ask but had no luck.

To ,,,, you know who,,,,,

Excuse me and never mind. ? ?‍♂️??‍♂️
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

I remember the phrase post coidal depression from when I was in Scientology years ago. Just having known that it’s a common phenomena has been a help at times I believe. It’s the healing just through observation thing. Now I remember. The phrase is ‘awareness is curative’  that I was trying to remember.
One thing in particular about Stan Grof that I admire is his inclusion of Scientologist or probably to be more exact, ex-Scientologist and their take on things in his overall gathering of wisdom. Despite Scientology being what it is, as a cult to put it bluntly, there are interesting concepts that can be brought out of it that the conventional culture won’t even consider. Charles Tart is another who does not exclude the opinions of Scientologists.  Both Tart and Grof have been and are pioneers in the field of trans personal psychology.

The Flip Side of Depression
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2021 Dr. Jim Rosen

When you get depressed, you pull into yourself.  You withdraw.  You don’t want to be with people or even do things that normally give you pleasure.  You experience a lack of energy and a lack of feeling.  It becomes difficult to concentrate, and ordinary daily activities become hard to perform.  It's as if your body and mind are shutting down.  But why?  What purpose does it serve?  Actually, depression can have a couple of very useful purposes.  To put it simply, you get depressed because you have unmet emotional needs. The depressive lack of energy is a signal that whatever you’ve been doing hasn't satisfied those needs.  And the depressive withdrawal from the outside world is the mind’s way of getting you to look inward.  Mentally it places a mirror in front of you and asks you to examine yourself.  So depression signals the need for change.  If you are willing to look within and make the changes, your release from depression is learnable, treatable and curable.

Have you ever had an area of life in which the more you talk about it, the crazier you sound? Imagine this happening in 3 different areas of life at the same time. 
Time slows and then heaves forward. Odds seem near hopeless. Something recognizable yet mysterious then sweeps through and then everything is fine and the quality of life felt lived has a fresh and miraculous feel to it. You feel courage and trust but you know this life is still just a short while but that’s ok.

The energy experienced when I wrote the last post was something else. A little manic perhaps but that’s ok. I’ve always been that way periodically. What felt like everything’s wonderful and I’ll never have any problems again felt miraculous which also describes the events of that day.But life on earth being what it is. Nothing stays the same. Problems of different kinds will always reappear and have to be dealt with but I’m at peace with that. For the time being anyway.

In the Name of Openness and Honesty
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2021 Dr. Jim Rosen

Is it always best to be open and honest?  If it’s only going to cause more pain, perhaps you should try holding your tongue and refraining from what seems to be total honesty.  The way to heal a wound is by speaking words of love.  The way to resolve a conflict is by listening with understanding.  The path to making any relationship better is through love and understanding.  Openness and honesty are good if they help get you there, but not so good if they fuel the fire.  When you are hurt and angry, there is such a temptation to attack and fight.  You can feel a powerful desire to blame the other person and a seductive enticement to bring up just one more (honest) grievance.  When this anger and resentment take over, they become a harsh and negative cloud that covers up the warmth in your relationship.  You cannot blast this cloud away by expressing more hurt and anger and misunderstanding - even if it seems to be open and honest.  Rather, you can wash the cloud away with expressions of love and understanding.  This is the real way, the true way to be open and honest.

Not long ago I felt compelled to write about passive aggressive tendencies. In self observation I saw this phenomena in myself in hindsight. The further back in time I go looking at this the more pronounced it was. Observing this in myself allows me to see it more clearly in others. This allows for understanding and forgiveness in which the forgiveness element becomes more in the way of overlooking transgressions. I would go as far to say if someone says that they have never acted this out in their interactions with either family or friends, they are deceiving themselves. 
This is a factor that has made itself more noticeable to me lately in my pondering. 
The unconsciousness tied to negative emotion is so powerful and pervasive.

Before, I noted how ‘plausible deniability’ is a crucial element in passive aggressive behavior. Lately I’ve seen how this plausible deniability manifests also in one’s self deception and linked with justification of some kind. This is how in the beginning of ones self observation the denial of passive aggressive tendencies in oneself will be expressed in defending against taking responsibility for this behavior. From my perspective the materialistic stage of S.D. Orange is where the apex of this schizoid behavior will be. At SD Green worldview the partly awakened heart will just not let this self deception take place in complete unconscious acting out. Conscience or the small, still voice has started to speak and although people dip back into spiritual sleep after awakening, they will never sleep as comfortably again and pretending not to hear the small, still voice will no longer be as effective as it once was. So in dealing with others the wisdom will be seen to give them space as in hands off or don’t point out or get preachy about what they’re doing. They may only double their efforts in justifying in some way their passive aggressive tendencies.

On another topic is my own path becoming more and more of a left handed path in the last 3 years or so. I’ve progressively become more of an edge runner. This is something that would be foolish of me to deny. Let me also say that I’m not an advocate of this path. I’ll probably express more about this as time unfolds. Jim Marion in his book Putting on the Mind of Christ writes about this phenomena in a more judicious way than others but that’s just my opinion. It’s a book I feel compelled to reread.

One thing I didn't mention about dealing with passive aggressiveness in others. If you clearly see it and you witness it with conscious awareness, it has no effect on you, It doesn't push your buttons. Let me state also that my remarks about passive aggressive tendencies is in no way aimed at anyone here in the forum but rather my experience as it is with others where I live.

I'm clumsily doing this on an hp laptop I just bought. My I pad either has a virus or malware or maybe somebody is hacking the shit out of it. I feel like posting my I CHING readings occasionally may be a benefit to others in seeing the type of council that's given.  Even though Ive gone back and erased previous readings plus other attachments that didn't seem crucial, I may still run out of allotted space before long.

My I CHING reading this morning

Hexagram 52 Meditating line 1 creating a second hexagram 22 Grace

WIN_20210527_12_44_02_Pro (2).jpg

WIN_20210527_12_49_31_Pro (2).jpg

Sorry about the lousy resolution. Working with new stuff here,,,,,

Staying happy-- deceptive

Happiness does not need to

be kept, or else it is gone, it is

preserved though the

perpetual readiness to fall.

This is a piece taken out of some of Arnold Keyserling's writings. i think it falls under the category of channeling.

Back talking and sassing at the superego

towards successful individuation

Back talking and sassing at the superego as practice in reading Almass's books, To build up your red energy. Rarely was it all role played by me.

I observed getting identified in emotion and passionate in imaginary speech . (back talk} That's ok. That;s the red energy. This makes possible available energy for spiritual practice. The one most crucial is inquiry, self observation and Self Remembering,

From My I CHING reading this morning. 

Seed phrases that drive impulses are- "you need to defend yourself" "you need to be somebody" You must  a assert yourself in this life"

1. Should,s, ought to's, and musts" definitely have the smell, of the superego. Whoever human authority figure that has a voice in your head. That's it. Successful individuation is when we become more like friends moreso  than before with our parents or caretakers'. 

"no blame" is to make him aware that the idea of guilt has no validity in the Cosmos 

This last bit about ","guilt having no validity in the Cosmos"  is revisited several times in The Oracle of the Cosmic Way. I think the awakening of Conscience and our understanding then is our compass .To compact and paraphrase  with metaphor.