Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,790 posts in this topic

Besides some frivolous posts, I’ve gone back and deleted many of the excerpts from the I Ching; The Oracle of the Cosmic Way that I’ve received in my consultations with the Oracle in order to make room for attachments in the present.

In my consultation this morning I received hexagram 12 - Being Halted with lines 4 & 6 changing which resulted in a second hexagram of 8 - Holding Together. 
Below is only a portion of the commentary on hexagram 8 which I thought many might possibly find of interest.

0E34C370-5303-44FE-9B8B-883B07D11EB5.jpeg
95AF5C8C-A915-4086-A075-78CD2BEA966A.jpeg

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Anyway it’s All in good fun

just giving creative expression

to my more expressive side ????

Gone ?

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

I’m going to have to delete this last one shortly out of decorum, respect for the forum, and to free up space for worthy attachments.

It can’t be helped

When you’re honest

You are beautiful

Quotes about Narcissism of Everyday Life 

Approaching the Dimension of Essential Presence We Inevitably Confront the Narcissism Inherent in Our Disconnection from that Presence

When a person is working on self-realization, this narcissism is increasingly exposed; in fact, it is usually aggravated for some time. When we approach the dimension of essential presence we inevitably confront the narcissism inherent in our disconnection from that presence. The success of the work on self-realization depends, to a great degree, upon successfully resolving the arousal and intensification of narcissistic manifestations. The narcissism of everyday life is much more ubiquitous, much deeper, and much more significant than we usually allow ourselves to see. However, it dissolves steadily in the deeper stages of self-realization. Full self-realization completely eliminates this narcissism, for it is not natural to the realized self

The Point of Existence, pg. 27 

Complete Resolution of Narcissism Requires that We Cease to use Self-representations for Self-recognition

Before we embark on this exploration, we need to address the significance of the above discussion with respect to narcissism. Our observation that the deepest root of narcissism is the absence of self-realization and the additional observation that in full self-realization the normal sense of identity dissolves, combine to give us a deep insight about narcissism: The presence of the normal identity is the root of narcissism. This implies two further insights, at different levels of the self. The first is that not only is normal identity fundamentally weak and vulnerable, but its very existence is responsible for this weakness, and thus it cannot become completely stable. In other words, the normal self (or more accurately, the ego-self) is inherently narcissistic because its identity is inherently weak and vulnerable. This weakness is due to the inevitable incompleteness of the self-representation, and therefore cannot be eliminated as long as the self-representation forms our sense of identity. Second, since the fundamental narcissism of everyday life is an expression of normal identity, complete resolution of narcissism requires that we cease to use self-representations for self-recognition.

The Point of Existence, pg. 129 

No Conventional Self is Ever Free from the Narcissism of Everyday Life (Fundamental Narcissism)

We call this fundamental narcissism “the narcissism of everyday life” for no conventional self is ever free from it. However, this may bring up the question of how this dissolution of identity is related to the condition of fragmentation or disintegration of identity, which is, under normal
circumstances, a manifestation of pathological narcissism. The main difference between the “death of the self” in self-realization and the disintegration of identity in pathological narcissism is that the former is a developmental achievement based on the greater strength and flexibility of identity, while the latter is a developmental difficulty resulting from an extreme weakness and brittleness of the identity. There is no sense of the normal self in both conditions, but the former is a state of equanimity of the self for being fully itself, so fully itself that there is no need for self-reflection, while the latter is a painful and deficient state of the self, where it feels disconnected from its depth and fullness. The former is a state of self recognition not based on any representation, for it is recognizing what is actually present, while the latter is a state where there is no self-recognition of any kind.

The Point of Existence, pg. 525 

The Experience of Ego Cannot be Devoid of Narcissism

As has been amply demonstrated by object relations theory, since all ego structures are based on identifications with impressions from the past, it is clear that the experience of ego cannot be devoid of narcissism. Thus the conventional dimension of experience, which is
deeply patterned by these structures (whether healthy or pathological), includes an intrinsic narcissism. Everyone knows that he has some measure of selfishness, self-reference, a need to be seen and appreciated, a deep wish for esteem and admiration from others, and some distortion in his self-concepts. Although we are accustomed to thinking of these traits as normal, they are in fact narcissistic phenomena. They are universal to all non-realized individuals, reflecting the fundamental narcissism that is the result of not knowing oneself on a deep level. This is what we call the “narcissism of everyday life” or “fundamental narcissism.”

The Point of Existence, pg. 26

If you don’t understand constructs in object relations theory, you can’t get into spirituality.

I wrote this down in a notebook on 11-11-13. Having run across it today in a notebook. I remember the profundity of it.

Today it would probably be worded different. Perhaps using the term ego structure in trying to relay this idea. Ego structures are created out of images of self representation.

More likely though I would just choose an excerpt from this page -

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/ego-structures or maybe this one -

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/object-relations

Leo’s latest video encapsulated in a song.

This will be difficult for some to sit with or not roll your eyes.

I’m not looking for responses to this post because of the intrinsic message that I don’t need your damned validation but if you feel you have to respond then go ahead.

There’s a part of my inner child that’s just a mean little shit.

The willingness to be paradoxical is also a sign of inner security and strength.

The Guts to Need Somebody
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2021 Dr. Jim Rosen

She was having a hard time but didn't "need anybody," she said.  She believed that "needing somebody is a weakness."  She was mistaken.  Needing somebody is a sign of being able to trust.  It's a sign of allowing love in and allowing yourself to really love another.  Needing somebody is being strong enough to admit your humanness, i.e., that you can handle life better if you add the wisdom and know-how of other people.  Needing somebody is having the guts to open up and be emotionally available to the ones you care about.  It's being secure enough with yourself that you expose your imperfections.  Needing somebody is a sign of inner security and courage.  It takes a secure person to give your heart into the hands of another.  It takes courage to rely on someone else.  When something is difficult to do but you do it, or hard to achieve but you achieve it, then it is an indication of strength.

On 12/17/2018 at 9:40 AM, Zigzag Idiot said:

Typologies

I heard Ken Wilbur describe himself once as an cerebrotonic ectomorph so I went and investigated and determined that I was a  somatotonic mesomorph.

Of the endocrine typology, I'm an adrenal (mars) type. Or rather my body is that type.

Im not my body though. I have a body. I refer to it sometimes as my Automaton. I have to take care of my Automaton.

My Automaton has a Virgo filter software program running in it. I'm not my software though.

I'm not my hardware and I'm not my software.

Being is who I am. My being is partly comprised of my understanding.

I misspoke here. This is from the first page of my journal.

Being is not who I am. Being is something I have. It is only through 3 centered awareness that I can have my being and through that, possibly increase the being I have when the mind is in the heart. 
The degree of Being we have constantly fluctuates. This is something for everyone to verify for themselves.

My vision this morning became scattered as I tried to share it. Here is my partial expression of it anyway for whatever it’s worth.

Concepts to ponder while listening to the above from Bruce Lipton 

In A Course In Miracles it states - This is a course in mind training (ACIM, T-1.VII.4:1)

In the Fourth Way it is taught that Conscience is buried in the subconscious. 

Bruce Lipton quoting Einstein- “The field is the sole governing agency of the particle.”

A.H. Almaas - Defines the soul as a field of impressionability.

Awakened Conscience allows objective consciousness. Seeing the truth can be painful and cause the ego to die.

Three steps and three components 

physical - emotional - intellectual 

Awaken, then die. Be born again.

The impermanence romantic love is because the intellectual-emotional complex is not grounded in the body. It is two centered awareness. The law of Three states balancing the three centers results in a fourth manifestation. This is how we get Teflon coated and become creators as well. This is Three centered awareness.

Balancing the three centers bestows the capacity for creating and perceiving existence through Love.

Marianne Williamson quoting ACIM - “Forgiveness is Remembrance.”

If you’ve warmed up to my chaotic notes above you may enjoy the YouTube I pasted below.

I’ve got dry irritated skin this evening. Changing a fuel pump on my grandfather’s Ford pickup this afternoon I got soaked with gas along with getting a face full of it when I disconnected a line. Live and learn,,,,

This morning I just received just one hexagram in my I CHING consultation.

I’ve pasted only a part of the general commentary from The Oracle of the Cosmic Way.

497CD040-6B1F-45E0-846A-C7DBF9F4FD77.jpeg

5E285FF0-60E4-41FF-B7CC-1DBFBC0F0F29.jpeg

Loneliness
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2021 Dr. Jim Rosen

When the circumstances of your life are making you lonely…  When there doesn’t seem to be a way out of loneliness…  it can feel like an attack on your worth as a person.  And it can bring an array of negative emotions.  You may feel empty, like there is a big hole inside of you where something is missing.  You may feel afraid that you’ll never get the friends and love you need.  And there are hurt feelings, because you think your loneliness means there’s something wrong with you and if you were a better person, you wouldn’t be lonely.  And there can be anger – anger at the world for putting you in this situation, anger toward yourself, anger toward the people who don’t come around to fill that empty place.

Now take your mind to the source of those painful emotions.  You think it’s the loneliness, but it’s not the loneliness; it’s your interpretation of it.  It’s your belief that you’re not worthy.  It’s your idea that your inner self is lacking.  You have to rid your mind of that junk and walk the path of healing and come to the place of self-worth.  Your worth is a given, but you have to give it to yourself; you have to acknowledge your worthiness.  In other words, you have to make the truth true in your own mind.  The truth is not determined by a lack of other people in your life.  The truth does not depend on anything going on or not going on out there.  So you correct your thinking and move it to the place where you accept your worth as right and real.  You deliberately and intentionally give these thoughts to yourself.  This leads you to appreciate yourself, lonely or not.  This enables you handle what life brings.

Dr. Jim Rosen is a PhD Clinical Psychologist.  He is an experienced psychotherapist, hypnotherapist, and couples counselor.  He offers treatment for anxiety disorders, panic attacks, depression, relationship problems, self-esteem issues, assertiveness training, anger control, stress management, and overcoming the effects of sexual, physical, and emotional trauma.

I rarely watch or listen to the news anymore.

That’s one reason I didn’t hear about the death of  ZZ Top Bassist, Dusty Hill, a few days ago.

Billy Gibbons plays lead and sings. Frank Beard plays drums. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dusty_Hill

Billy Gibbons confirmed that ZZ Top would continue with Elwood Francis, the band's longtime guitar tech, on bass, per Hill's wishes.[22] According to Gibbons, "Dusty emphatically grabbed my arm and said, 'Give Elwood the bottom end, and take it to the Top.' He meant it, amigo. He really did."[22]   - From Wikipedia

The Real Stuff Blossoms From Within
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2021 Dr. Jim Rosen

It can be easy to confuse an inflated ego with real self-esteem.  The real stuff grows from inside yourself, and not from trying to be something that you aren't.  The real stuff evolves more from your own approval than from the approval of others.  If you believe that you are a good anything because other people think you are, then you tend to guide your life by false assumptions.  External approval indicates that you have pleased other people; it doesn't necessarily mean you have done the right thing or the quality thing or the thing that makes you feel good about yourself.  Sometimes you have to do things that can bring disapproval in order to please yourself, in order to walk the path that’s right for you.  When your self-esteem is real, you can manifest good feelings about your own worth as a person.  Praise and criticism from others do not put demands on you.  Instead, you step back and listen to praise and criticism for the feedback, for the information that is being offered.  You’re not afraid to learn; you’re not afraid to change.  You can accept yourself as a good human being with flaws, and you recognize that we all have flaws.

Circumstantial evidence that the vast majority of the U.S. population is fast asleep in the American dream.

Mean people suck. 

Mean people suck.

Mean people suck

In the above post where I expressed “mean people suck”. Well,,, I realized this morning that it was a form of expressing negative emotion. I think it’s possible to state that and it not be an expression of negative emotion.  I think maybe it’s the felt experience inside oneself as it’s being said that defines whether or not it is an expression of negative emotion.

To put things in context,,, only 2:28 in length 

A bit of redundancy below but some additional things worthy of considering,,,, 4:06

EMOTIONAL CENTRE WORK
“Work on being, in regard to the Emotional Centre, demands therefore, among other things, efforts to observe and realize the existence of these emotions in oneself, noticing their origin, and the course they take, and the effects they give rise to. When we are properly con- scious of something in ourselves, we are on the way to changing it.” V. 1, p. 152
EMOTIONAL CENTRE WORK II
“It is a good thing to observe the state of one’s Emotional Centre, to observe it in action—i.e., to observe how it mechanically reacts to external events and particularly other people. Here lies a great task, which is really a life task.” V. 3, p. 911
NEGATIVE EMOTIONS I
“Negative emotions govern the world. They are extremely infectious. One man can make a thousand negative. One negative person can turn a house into a hell. This ability to affect others gives the negative person a sense of power...A discipline is needed in regard to negative emotions. It must begin with self-observation. You must know and acknowledge when you are negative. People will not do this...It is necessary to find and invent every method you can to prevent recurring events from making you negative.” V. 5, pp. 1709-10
NEGATIVE EMOTIONS II
“Other emotions become dull, compared with the curious delights of being negative, such as planning revenges...Does a negative emo- tion give some kind of similar solace as does a drug? Could the world really do without its negative emotions? I do not think so myself. But in the Work we have to learn to do so...It is always worth while observing and tracing the subtle action of negative emotions in you. They are the source of so many things you do which you think you are doing for some other reason.” V. 5, pp. 1675-6
NEGATIVE EMOTIONS III
“To let in without resistance and add fuel to and enjoy one’s negative emotions is to miss the mark that the Work has in view. It is to sin against the Work because the Work teaches that negative emotions prevent awakening.” V. 5, p. 1705
NEGATIVE EMOTIONS IV
“It is possible gradually to free oneself from these unnecessary negative emotions...He need never be at a loss, whatever his circumstances, for he will always know what he has to do in any situation—that is, not to express negative emotions, and then, to separate from them, and finally not to have them at all.” V. 3, pp. 911-2
NEGATIVE EMOTIONS V
“All progress in emotional development is marked by a dislike of former emotions. The emotion, the feeling of dislike of jealousy (for example), the joy of being free from it and its evil prison-house, can become strong enough to master it. For you know that one emotion can only be conquered by another and stronger emotion. By itself the Intellectual Centre cannot do this. Reasoning may help, but it is not enough.” V. 4, p. 1499

TRANSFORMATION OF NEGATIVE EMOTIONS
“The observation of our negative states and the separation from them is one of the most important sides of practical work. The transforma- tion of negative emotions belongs to the Second Conscious Shock and here the whole Work comes in and the whole evaluation of it. You may be negative but you must feel that it is not you that is negative but It. This is the beginning of inner separation, of not identifying with negative states, of not identifying with oneself.” V. 2, p. 530
OBSERVING NEGATIVE ‘I’S
“In the Work, the enjoyment of negative states must be observed sincerely, especially the secret enjoyment of them. The reason is that if a man enjoys being negative, in whatever forms, and they are legion, he can never separate from them. You cannot separate yourself from what you have a secret affection for.” V. 1, p. 214
WATCHING REACTIONS
“Once you have realized that this reaction of yours is quite typical, and you have always had complaints in exactly the same way, it will give you a shock. It will startle you. You will see that it is this complaining itself that you have to notice in yourself and not what you imagine causes it. Next time that these complaining ‘I’s begin to resume their customary activity, the shock that you had may just be able to give you the emotional force to observe them before they start using your mouth, in your name. You will have the shock of remem- bering yourself.” V. 2, p. 449

From Maurice Nicoll’s Psychological Commentary’s 

I consider this as a part of Shadow work. It’s also called by some purification of the emotional center. It’s not that much about morals but very much related to conscience.

Can you imagine not taking anything in a negative way by way of understanding?

One time I thought someone was interested in me. I was surprised because they were young, beautiful, and educated. I’m none of those. I thought they were out of my league to be honest and I told them so. But I continued to get mixed messages.  Having never been really adept at taking social cues I waffled for a while then decided to ask them bluntly. She said no, it’s not you. It’s someone else.  
I said, Oh, okay.