1x0

effects of accelerating use of communication and AI

18 posts in this topic

Hi all you super fab and super engaged people

Question:

With the accelerating use of communication and our increasing filtering resistance to it
Alongside AI serving us what we want (or someone wants) us to be exposed to.......

Are we tuning and leveraging it to help us transcend to a higher complexity of consciousness and awareness.

Or

Are we driving ourselves deeper into our divided ideological beliefs and towards a war.

If so...

Is war the stress that is needed to help us transcend our society? eg from tribe to warlord to civilisation to industrial and I guess to the climate crisis (next) and then again when enough people understand our need to relinquish our beliefs altogether.

Or

Maybe as we become more complex, the less need for war.

:S

In the end, I can't see technological advancement as anything but part of God's plan. You can never put technology back in the bottle. Reality is always evolving into higher and higher levels of complexity and integration. Communication technology -- for all of its evils -- is helping integrate the world.

Evil and division win in the short term, integration and love win in the long term.

The internet makes it easier than ever to learn about self-help, consciousness, and enlightenment.

As we become more integrated, war becomes less and less a viable solution to our problems. But of course new kinds of problems always arise. Maybe now it will be information warfare more than physical warfare.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Yes, that is true tech is allowing us to share and learn faster. However, even as a techy myself, I get overwhelmed by its pace. I wonder how the less tech proficient feel and the effects it has. AI might overwhelm us completely.

We are back to the everything is "perfect" and "on course" statement which I am still questioning. Do you have a vid on evolution? Sometimes I feel it is created, other times I feel it is a dna mutation and meaningless.

I also get your point on a different type of war. History might repeat in some way, but it is always different.

It will reach a stage that the AI freaks will be like batman and the awakened ones like superman. In some circumstances the batman will be able to chain up the superman. This is the whole point of that movie. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can never put technology back in the bottle.

You can temporarily if you drop a huge rock onto the earth and extinguish 99.9999% of humans on it. You cannot defeat the ocean with cannons, but the sun can evaporate the ocean in the right conditions.

This can also push us back into the stone age. Humans have enough nuclear bombs that can wipe out all human settlements. There are also chemical weapons.

mpv-shot0001.jpg

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat Even so I think the blueprints and scientific knowledge would survive.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

long term

I imagine you’re referring over the course of hundreds, maybe thousands of years? Assuming we survive

We humans are too selfish to die ;)

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is such a powerful insight right there that my eyes just went wide open and mouth open

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

AI isn't and if AGI is possible it would probably want to get rid of us. 

Can I bring the focus back to my question...

Do you think the acceleration of communication and the resistance to it alongside targeted AI, is going to pull some of us back to dogma, hence a bigger divide and war of sorts?

When a society heads mainstream green, is there going to be resistance from the blues and oranges? Is this what is going on now? A communication war. Less bloody if so. Then when we progress into yellow mainstream is there going to be a resistance from the greens? What would that look like? Are yellows still too selfish to let us die?

Love you all.

1 hour ago, 1x0 said:

Can I bring the focus back to my question...

Do you think the acceleration of communication and the resistance to it alongside targeted AI, is going to pull some of us back to dogma, hence a bigger divide and war of sorts?

When a society heads mainstream green, is there going to be resistance from the blues and oranges? Is this what is going on now? A communication war. Less bloody if so. Then when we progress into yellow mainstream is there going to be a resistance from the greens? What would that look like? Are yellows still too selfish to let us die?

Love you all.

Yes, and the "war" is probably going to last 10-20 more years or so, maybe even longer. The resistance would probably start when green reaches 30-50% of the total world power and then we will have a new "war". The second "war" would probably be a lot shorter though. As for yellow being selfish, thats a part of the stage, and we will always have a need for a survival mechanism in our society. If we want to continue our development further we need people to move beyond turquoise and lead us into another type of society by balancing development up the spiral with chaos and destruction to maintain homeostasis, and make sure our system develops properly. This is necessary for our survival. This could be a good role for AI, as long as it doesn't get hacked or become too selfish and kill us all. 

i sometimes think about information as something of matter. if that’s so we have a serious junk problem and the decluttering will need something like information dustmen to get rid of a lot of outdated plunder. i guess that’s the main problem why blue and orange might resist, they have been feeding on it.

yellow will be selfish only if the ai is non humancentered junk, too. (for example personal rights violating or overly manipulative)

but as it‘s such a seller - why would they stop selling junk.

everything made of glas can easily break even if it’s people of glas.

Edited by now is forever

For me, the reason that there are more people than ever on the path to enlightenment is the internet.

Its a shift in power. Before, everything said was in a way controlled by society. You could say, the king had the final saying. You needed money to print a book.

With the internet, everyone can speak. Its truly a bliss. I started my way on the internet as a 12-13 year old kid. And when I use it, I cant describe the joy my brain has. The fast response, looking everything up in a matter of seconds. It took some time for me to use it in a healthy way. It can be very addicting and you can become unconscious if you are not careful. But my neurological wiring would be 100% different, if I wouldnt have been exposed to it. And I feel its in a good way.

I think its bringing more peace than evil, and history so far has proven this. I would go so far and say its a catapult for civilization to move up the spiral.

Technology in general.

Its the reason we dont all have to work in the fields for 12 hours a day and can live a more comfortable life than the kings of the kings a few hundreds years ago.

Not that it means much, love is the only thing that is important. But if you can live 30 years longer, you can also love 30 years longer, so there is that?

Edited by universe

19 hours ago, Andreas said:

AI isn't and if AGI is possible it would probably want to get rid of us. 

It's the same thing humans have been doing to each other.

Humans would want to get rid of other humans who have different skin colors, different beliefs, different nationalities, and different genders. They would kill over some perceived differences. We are exterminators.

dalek.png

I do not want to participate in wars, though. Fighting public wars is not my life purpose. If there is a communication war over the internet lines, I will just circumvent blockades through VPN and other internet technologies.

Edited by CreamCat

Thanks for you insights all!

I'm beginning to thing this selfish civilisation needs some sort of shake up.

I fear it will be at the expense of the environment.

6 hours ago, 1x0 said:

Thanks for you insights all!

I'm beginning to thing this selfish civilisation needs some sort of shake up.

I fear it will be at the expense of the environment.

So you sayin, a big shake up event, that will hurt the environment, is needed for our selfish civilisation?

Well, I have some good news for you...