Roman25

Time isn't real & you won't experience life as everyone individually

66 posts in this topic

First I'm going to talk about why time is an illusion. It's obviously just a tool for measuring the day but I am going to provide an actual explanation. And it will save some people from wasting their time on thinking that time travel is a thing.

You can think of reality similar to an infinite algorithm of code (assuming that reality is never going to end.) Each line of code represents all of the events that occurred within a particular moment. Thinking of "time passing by" is an illusion. It's more like events are occurring. I'm assuming that you guys know what coding is since I'm too lazy to provide another example.

Why do events occur? Well, picture an ice cube falling onto your kitchen ground. The force of gravity + the weight and mass of the ice cube are the main factors of what causes it to fall. You can not go back into time and undo that event since it already happened and that's not how reality works and because time is just a tool. Time has nothing to do with reality. If you were to go back in time then you would have to undo every single event that happened throughout all of reality. Yeah, that's not going to happen.

There are infinite possibilities for what can happen in the future. All of reality is information. This information is just possibilities. It's not physical or real, just a collection of possibilities. Even energy is information. This is also something that you can research. I didn't come up with it myself.

I don't know if I was listening correctly but I heard Leo say in his "Radical implications of oneness" video that we will be everyone one day and experience their lives. I'm sorry if I was listening properly but if I was then I'm afraid that that's not going to happen because of the information I provided above. Reality would have to repeat constantly and do the same exact things over again, only this time we'd be a different person. Again, reality is information, an infinite set of possibilities. If reality restarted then it would be completely different.

It's all you. All one. So from the absolute you are experiencing everything. Every moment is just perpetually happening at all times. Experiencing everything comes from expanding beyond the current awareness. Remember that the real you bypasses anything that you might think doesn't work. Because all that exists is it. 

33 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

It's all you. All one. So from the absolute you are experiencing everything. Every moment is just perpetually happening at all times. Experiencing everything comes from expanding beyond the current awareness. Remember that the real you bypasses anything that you might think doesn't work. Because all that exists is it. 

Every moment is not happening at all times since reality is a bunch of events occurring. picture an ice cream cone melting in the heat. The hot air causes it to melt. That's an event. The event no longer occurs once it already happens. Saying that it took a certain amount of time for it to melt is an illusion. There is no past or future. Only events occurring. It just happened because hot air causes cold ice cream to melt. I've never agreed with non-duality from the moment I learned about it. It seems like more of a coping mechanism than something true. I do agree with Leo on a lot of things and I have heard eye opening things from him but his videos do contain flaws and contradictions. 

10 hours ago, Roman Edouard said:

Reality would have to repeat constantly and do the same exact things over again, only this time we'd be a different person

No. Why would that be necessary?

God is being all creatures at all times. But from your POV you only see your POV.

Just like how an online videogame server works.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

God is being all creatures at all times. But from your POV you only see you POV.

In some of your videos, you give examples of infinity in an infinite number of dimensions. For example, the block of clay that is infinite for shape, size, color etc.

Could we add “being all creatures” and “at all times” as two more dinensions of infinity within Absolute Infinity?

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

God is being all creatures at all times. But from your POV you only see you POV.

Just like how an online videogame server works.

Let's say for example that you are some genius engineer and you build a toy dinosaur. You design the toy to be able to have senses, to need to eat to survive, and to delude itself so that it can be mentally healthy. Now this toy that you created genuinely believes that it's alive and different from any random object. But it's just a collection of codes that make it believe that. I am "I" experiencing myself through my eyes since I that is my design as a human being. 

Besides all of that reality talk. You guys are great people. Serotoninluv, you have done a lot for the forum and I'd be glad to have a professor like you. Leo, although I don't agree with everything you say in your videos since I'm extremely picky in my beliefs, you have prevented a lot of depression and gave many people a good idea of how they can create their own lives. It's nice to come across people like that. Shadowraix I don't know much about you but I see that you post on this site often so that's great of you to take the time to educate others and learn.

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Roman Edouard We are all doing some good work together. It’s good having you a part of it ? 

Thanks man, and this is off topic but there is a cycle that a lot of people don't know. I call it the "negative energy" cycle.

For example: Bob had a bad day today. Rather than blowing off steam with relaxation or pushing a punching bag, Bob sends an angry text to his friend Bill (I know I'm not using the most creative names.) Bill is now in a bad mood and he makes others in a bad mood as well from not blowing off steam. Those people who are now in a bad mood cause others to be in a bad mood as well.

We live on a planet that have billions of people. Now you know why there are always those angry people xD

38 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

In some of your videos, you give examples of infinity in an infinite number of dimensions. For example, the block of clay that is infinite for shape, size, color etc.

Could we add “being all creatures” and “at all times” as two more dinensions of infinity within Absolute Infinity?

That's redundant. If you are infinite that already includes being all creatures at all times.

You are EVERYTHING!

1 minute ago, Roman Edouard said:

Thanks man, and this is off topic but there is a cycle that a lot of people don't know. I call it the "negative energy" cycle.

For example: Bob had a bad day today. Rather than blowing off steam with relaxation or pushing a punching bag, Bob sends an angry text to his friend Bill (I know I'm not using the most creative names.) Bill is now in a bad mood and he makes others in a bad mood as well from not blowing off steam. Those people who are now in a bad mood cause others to be in a bad mood as well.

I love that imagery of energy transfer! 

It is like the flow of water through the water cycle. Or, the flow of energy from the sun to sugars via photosynthesis. 

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's redundant. If you are infinite that already includes being all creatures at all times.

You are EVERYTHING!

For some reason, Infinity and Everything took up different spaces in my mind. I have integrated Everything = Nothing. Now I can integrate Infinity with Everything and Nothing for a nice Absolute sandwich. 

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are EVERYTHING!

It could easily be the case that I'm too naive to understand. And that I need more years on me to grasp that concept. I hear often that when you're a teenager you are completely naive and crazy in some cases. Not crazy as in the mental problem but in the way you act. And I completely agree from viewing how people around my age act at school and some of the thoughts I have.

I'd say the best part about being a teenager is that you have the option of whether you can develop into something that is wise, mature, and helps others, or you can focus on the negative and become mentally crazy. Life is literally what you make of it. LITERALLY. So literally that you can even become crazy if you want lol. 

5 hours ago, Roman Edouard said:

Every moment is not happening at all times since reality is a bunch of events occurring. picture an ice cream cone melting in the heat. The hot air causes it to melt. That's an event. The event no longer occurs once it already happens. Saying that it took a certain amount of time for it to melt is an illusion. There is no past or future. Only events occurring. It just happened because hot air causes cold ice cream to melt. I've never agreed with non-duality from the moment I learned about it. It seems like more of a coping mechanism than something true. I do agree with Leo on a lot of things and I have heard eye opening things from him but his videos do contain flaws and contradictions. 

Take a video and all the frames in it. Spread them all out. All of those are happening simultaneously. That's what's actually happening. Nonduality is just realizing separation is perception. They only contain flaws and contradictions because you are too caught in concept and imagination in it all. Words are just pointers and in this work language breaks down so you must truly seek out what they are trying to say through direct experience. Look at your hand. That's not a hand. Hand is just a part of the model you built for reality. Concept and imagination. What you are seeing is actual with no concept applied. 

Everything is you and you are infinite. Everything and nothing. From the absolute you experience everything at once. 

7 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Take a video and all the frames in it. Spread them all out. All of those are happening simultaneously. That's what's actually happening. Nonduality is just realizing separation is perception. They only contain flaws and contradictions because you are too caught in concept and imagination in it all. Words are just pointers and in this work language breaks down so you must truly seek out what they are trying to say through direct experience. Look at your hand. That's not a hand. Hand is just a part of the model you built for reality. Concept and imagination. What you are seeing is actual with no concept applied. 

Everything is you and you are infinite. Everything and nothing. From the absolute you experience everything at once. 

That was a convincing example of me being caught in concept and imagine. I am infinite you say? Sounds pretty cool

@Leo Gura It’s actually very misleading for people to tell us that after we die, we will reincarnate as somebody else. That’s because, in the videos, you are talking to our egoic selves, not our ‘transcendent I’.

Reincarnation will always just be a concept. There’s no way you can be in a no-mind state and still perceive that after you die (death is an illusion), you will reincarnate as somebody else. We already are them! Why are you creating a distinction between me and Hitler in the first place. That will only be true if you are talking to our egoic selves. But remember, our egoic selves will not reincarnate. 

@Speedscarlet I made that clear in my Radical Implications of Oneness video.

I've never said that the ego will reincarnate.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Speedscarlet I made that clear in my Radical Implications of Oneness video.

I've never said that the ego will reincarnate.

But maybe it is the ego that reincarnates, till it gets enlightenment , ego is still just a thought , part of consciousness. 

Then again this is very complicated matter and takes allot of contemplating to understand fully. 

@Roman Edouard

19 hours ago, Roman Edouard said:

I don't know if I was listening correctly but I heard Leo say in his "Radical implications of oneness" video that we will be everyone one day and experience their lives.I'm sorry if I was listening properly but if I was then I'm afraid that that's not going to happen because of the information I provided above.

I haven't watched that video of Leo's but I agree that Leo's claim is unsubstantiated if that is what he said (all beliefs are technically unsubstantiated but you get the point that I don't agree with it). However I perhaps have a different line of  reasoning to you? I'll just put out my view of things in contrast to trying to "debunk" what you said because I think we might be agreeing with each other. 

For you, Roman Edouard, everything in your experience is inside of your consciousness. People can conceptualise all they want about reality (ie saying that it is material, spiritual, logical, infinite, finite), but all reality is for a fact is this present moment experience you have with your thoughts and concepts about reality being subset of all the information that composes reality. You can think of reality as literally being mathematically equal to the mathematical sum of all sensations, thoughts, sense data, and emotions in your consciousness. I used the word "mathematically" in my previous sentence to show that I'm conveying the idea that reality is LITERALLY 100% composed of all the contents in your consciousness. Reality=consciousness. If you're familiar with maths and like to mentally masturbate then you can think of reality as a vector composed of an infinite number of dimensions, since you would need an infinite number of numbers to define the exact configuration of reality. I can elaborate more on that claim if you want. 

All of reality is just this amalgamation of stuff in your consciousness. You only have your present moment precisely because the term "present moment" is refers literally to how everything is. Your thoughts and concepts about reality are another facet and component of this one consciousness, which makes the truth  value of your thoughts no more greater than random sounds or colour you experience. And paradoxically enough I'm trying to use words to communicate this to you. Time doesn't exist because all you have and ever will have is now, this "truth" is extremely clear its just that our minds are always distracted and are attached to thoughts which is why we always forget this. Tomorrow never comes. Realising time doesn't exist isn't a matter of scientific inquiry, its a matter of introspection.

To feel in your bones that time in is an illusion is extremely profound and hard hitting. It makes you see that causality is an illusion since causality needs a past, and all you live in is uncaused, completely and utterly spontaneous moment which you did nothing to create.

Random tangent, the spontaneity of reality is extraordinary. This is because there is something, our present moment experience, in contrast to nothing. Why is there something in contrast to nothing? 

Back to the thread topic. In my first person experience, I cannot prove solipsism to be false. This alone is enough to say that the idea that the idea I will live the same experience as another person around me is not "provable". All there is is this now experience, all other concepts (e.g saying "I will live as a bird") are just noise within this experience.

@Leo Gura

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are EVERYTHING!

I agree with what you are pointing towards. The true self is all of reality, as it is right now. 

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

God is being all creatures at all times. But from your POV you only see your POV.

OK Leo, but what do you mean by "creature" here? The idea that there exist external biological organisms which are centers for conscious experience is a concept which I cannot prove. You, Leo Gura, are appearing in my consciousness as a creature but I do not know that you are actually another conscious being. I am Leo Gura but I do not know if Leo Gura is conscious. 

The falsehood of solipsism is a practical truth but when aiming for Enlightenment we want the person to stop conceptualising and abstracting all together. 

To even say a statement like "you'll live forever" is extremely fuzzy verbal territory to root in actuality because implicit to that statement is notions of time when time is an illusion. I'm not saying that the statement is "wrong" it's just that that the verbal communication comes across as too complicated 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.