cetus

Last Thursdayism

48 posts in this topic

Could everything have popped into existance last Thursday? Or even a second ago? Complete and intact with all the information that creates the illusion of a past?

Isn't it popping into existence right now? 

The past originates from here. The future originates from here. And here originates from nowhere. :)

12 hours ago, cetus56 said:

Could everything have popped into existance last Thursday?

No, because it's been last Monday :D

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

Conceivably, yes. From a certain perspective Thursday exists, from another, it doesn't exist, and from yet another perspective, Thursday both exists and doesn't exist. Each perspective is a partial truth. The real question you should be asking is why there is Thursday at all? What is the function of Thursday? 

Thursday does not feel any different than Monday. The days of the week are just a mental construction or framework to separate time to be useful in society. It's a language. Symbols. Would the days of the week be useful to you stranded on a desert island? The NUMBER of days elapsed maybe (for survival purposes), but a distinction between days would not be relevant. 

So what you're really asking is if a certain point in time we perceive to be "in the past" existed at all? Let me ask you something. In your direct experience right now, what would be the difference between your thoughts of the past being "actual" or being "imaginary?" Is there a difference at all?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState   The topic is meant to serve as a thought experiment to give a glimpse outside the box of linear thought about the illusory movement of time from past to future and the illusion of continuity.

Direct experiance may very well be an illusion too. That being said: No difference at all.

51 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@TheAvatarState   The topic is meant to serve as a thought experiment to give a glimpse outside the box of linear thought about the illusory movement of time from past to future and the illusion of continuity.

Direct experiance may very well be an illusion too. That being said: No difference at all.

Time is definitely not linear or universal. Physics has proven this already. I have directly experienced "time travel" on trips before. Remote viewers can see things from past or future. Time is a perception. And the ego clings to this perception as "It's own" so that's why it's nearly impossible to wrap your head around this stuff. 

That being said, for the past to make logical sense within the context of the present, events had to build off one another. That's why we can look in history to "uncover" truths about the present. If the past was completely "made up" in the last second, then looking into the past would probably steer towards confusion and deception, however the opposite is true. So there's at least an intelligence behind the past that can't be "faked." Whether it was "real" or not, can't ultimately be proven. 

What are your thoughts on this?

Sent from my iEgo

43 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

I have directly experienced "time travel" on trips before.

@TheAvatarState  So you fold space?

43 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

Time is a perception. And the ego clings to this perception as "It's own" so that's why it's nearly impossible to wrap your head around this stuff

Or do you bore a hole through the side of the tunnel of time and step on out?  You know it's all so close. Like you could put your right arm out and it's all right there.

Here's something for you. Yesterday my G-F calls about this time and says she will be a little late from work. So we hang up and the thought "hostage situation" comes to mind. And I think "of all things why am i thinking about a hostage situation suddenly". She walks in the door a little later and says "sorry i'm even later than I was supposed to be. The police closed the road near work because a woman has someone held in her house and it's a hostage situation. 

That kind of thing happens from time to time That's why I say it's all very near. Gap-less even.

15 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@TheAvatarState  So you fold space?

Or do you bore a hole through the side of the tunnel of time and step on out?  You know it's all so close. Like you could put your right arm out and it's all right there.

Here's something for you. Yesterday my G-F calls about this time and says she will be a little late from work. So we hang up and the thought "hostage situation" comes to mind. And I think "of all things why am i thinking about a hostage situation suddenly". She walks in the door a little later and says "sorry i'm even later than I was supposed to be. The police closed the road near work because a woman has someone held in her house and it's a hostage situation. 

That kind of thing happens from time to time That's why I say it's all very near. Gap-less even.

Thank you for the response. It's so crazy you said that, because I've been noticing things like that happen more and more to me. I'll notice seemingly random thoughts I'm having actually pop up in my direct experience a few seconds to a few minutes down the line. It's mystical. It defies everything. And it has happened enough times (dozens of little "insignificant" instances over the last few months), that there's definitely something to it... It's even getting to the point where I'll smell and feel things a few seconds before they actually happen. 

So how would you visualize "time" in these scenarios? What you described reminded me of a description from the movie Interstellar. The guy took a piece of paper (space-time), folded it in half, then poked a pencil through it to demonstrate "time travel." But wouldn't the"gap" or distance between the folds remain the same? Or alternate timeliness or realities are always the same perceived time apart? I've narrowed it down to about 15 seconds where most of my phenomena takes place.

Sent from my iEgo

13 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

So how would you visualize "time" in these scenarios?

@TheAvatarState I don't really much. But it just "feels so close". Like it's already here. All of time that is.

Talking about movies, have you ever seen the movie Dune? There's a good sceen where young Paul Artreides is asked if he can see the future. And he says: Yes. Than he is asked how he can see the future. Paul says: I see things in my dreams. Than he's asked: Do all your dreams come true? Paul: No. But I know which ones will.

@TheAvatarState If I’m understanding...there’s a tipping point of the entirety of perspective, from a world with seven billion people, to seven billion worlds, magically appearing as one world, as you said, ‘mystical’. I was also very deep in synchronicity as you describe, knowing what people were about to say, picking up on random arising thoughts in people’s heads. It is from connectivity, through self, deeply, of experience itself. Time is illusionary, but the entirety is illusionary, and therefore it is quite possible to intuit the experience of  ‘ahead of the experience’ -  as real and equal as any other experience, because you are reality. 

@cetus56 ...Nowism...? ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

46 minutes ago, Nahm said:

.Nowism...? ?

@Nahm Sorry. Had to look that up. Is this what you mean? 

now-nowism 

(derogatory) Excessive focus on the present, or on immediate gratification.

When these things happen it's spontaneous as if out of nowhere. I never ask for it to happen. It just happens.:)

@cetus56 No, lol, I didn’t know it was already a term.      It had positive connotation, like bringing Last Thursdayism up a notch, a spontaneous now, no past at all. It was a stupid comment and should be disregarded appropriately. Unless we’re Nowist’s - then I guess there’s no need to. 

@Nahm I thought you didn't mean it that way but that was the definition I found. You are quite right about the spontanous now. It is complete.

@cetus56 

No I haven't watched the movie Dune, but that makes sense of intuition which dreams are gong to pan out. 

@Nahm You're right, my perception of future events is just as real as any other perception. My theory is that we all seem to be "synced" into the same time because we are all one mind. However, it is possible to become "de-synced" from the usual experience and feel things that are "probable" to happen in the future (which is like the "standard" time of this giant mind). The reason I say probable, is because your knowledge of future events can alter the path. Quantum entanglement. Here's a very real example from my own experience: sometimes I can pick up on my phone alarm and vibration before it goes off. However, if I don't have the INTENT of keeping my phone right where it is, then I won't feel it early. That's because in a probable future timeline, I'll intuit the alarm going off before it actually does and pick it up, thereby preventing myself from feeling the vibration in "the future." I'm still in the early stages of figuring out how this works. Really exciting but really scary at the same time. It's not consistent yet, but I'm working to hone this sense...

Sent from my iEgo

I only have one answer @cetus56 : yes. It's no more ridiculous than saying the universe comes from nothing. In reality the big bang, and my last cup of tea never actually happened, we just infer they happened from our memories. The memories come from nowhere, they're just 'there'. The illusion of time, is paper thin.  In fact it's so paper thin, it doesn't exist! It's the same for 'space', 'persistence' and so on.

Edited by LastThursday
typo

All stories and explanations are false.

@LastThursday The whole universe may be just a thought or perception generated by mind.

*Good name!

@TheAvatarState Damn dude. I am totally wth you on all that. Try Love as a super power. Just focus intensely on pumping tons of love into you, fire off successions of great feel good thoughts one after another - and then fully relax head to toe, just die you’re relaxed so much, fall over on the floor if it feels right. Lol.  Sounds simple and stupid, but love is the most powerful. It is a superpower. This leads to what I don’t share on the forum, cause, well, you know. If it’s get’s to be too much, knowing what people are thinking, the synchronicity & your capacity for joy, etc, I’ve found eating something mildly heavier than I typically do “dials it down”. 

7 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

The whole universe may be just a thought or perception generated by mind.

I wouldn't use 'generated' or 'mind', mostly because they imply time and a thinking process in time. Maybe 'a happening'. Damn it's hard not to use temporal words. But yes.

All stories and explanations are false.