purerogue

Purpose of Life

19 posts in this topic

I was thinking today about my experiences with purpose of life and how I came to conclusion that there is no purpose for life, today I thought about it again and now I think that it is not that nothing is purpose of life , but everything is purpose of life! 

10 minutes ago, purerogue said:

I was thinking today about my experiences with purpose of life and how I came to conclusion that there is no purpose for life, today I thought about it again and now I think that it is not that nothing is purpose of life , but everything is purpose of life! 

Many people have a hard time with accepting that there is no such thing as objective meaning. The only "thing" that can attribute value to something is consciousness. Consciousness is pure subjectivity so anything that attributes value to meaning can only be subjective. But that doesnt matter because fundamentally, we are "god".

The "purpose" of life it to evolve. That is the nature of the universe. Whatever you dont get done this lifetime, you'll be incarnated into another life. Once we are done with physical existence, the evolution continues in a different way for infinity.

My subjective highest values are love, beauty, truth and being present to embody those attributes. I cant think of any more values that are more meaningful than those.

Edited by Matt8800

3 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

Many people have a hard time with accepting that there is no such thing as objective meaning. The only "thing" that can attribute value to something is consciousness. Consciousness is pure subjectivity so anything that attributes value to meaning can only be subjective. But that doesnt matter because fundamentally, we are "god".

The "purpose" of life it to evolve. That is the nature of the universe. Whatever you dont get done this lifetime, you'll be incarnated into another life. Once we are done with physical existence, the evolution continues in a different way for infinity.

My subjective highest values are love, beauty, truth and being present to embody those attributes. I cant think of any more values that are more meaningful than those.

There is no you , how can  incarnated  you, when you are everything, there is no one person to be incarnated, there are only life to be lived.

9 minutes ago, purerogue said:

There is no you , how can  incarnated  you, when you are everything, there is no one person to be incarnated, there are only life to be lived.

Buddhists and Advaita Vedantins see that a bit differently. Many Buddhists believe in reincarnation but they cant resolve that paradox. Vedantins believe the Atman is the True self, which is reincarnated. The duality is resolved because Atman is fundamentally Brahman. 

Edited by Matt8800

I just thought about how fucking complex consciousness is , 

It is everywhere and always, it is in you when you are enlightened and when you are not, when you are separated from ego and not, it does not matter that you get enlightened, body ego still experienced by consciousness, so you can never run away from ego state , because consciousness will be always experiencing everything. 

You can only make you believe that you made shift to other perspective, state of consciousness, because consciousness is always experiencing everything. 

3 hours ago, purerogue said:

Could both be true? It seems paradoxical, yet can both perspectives coexist in the mind peacefully?

1 hour ago, purerogue said:

I just thought about how fucking complex consciousness is , 

It is everywhere and always, it is in you when you are enlightened and when you are not, when you are separated from ego and not, it does not matter that you get enlightened, body ego still experienced by consciousness, so you can never run away from ego state , because consciousness will be always experiencing everything. 

You can only make you believe that you made shift to other perspective, state of consciousness, because consciousness is always experiencing everything. 

Eventually, you will realize the ego state is irrelevant. If life brings pleasure, that is ok. If life brings pain, that is ok. Life is like a movie to be watched and learned from.

Edited by Matt8800

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Could both be true? It seems paradoxical, yet can both perspectives coexist in the mind peacefully?

Idk how to fell about this, but how can I be observer of observer , there is nothing really paradoxical about it if you think, you believe that everyone is one and you are Leo, so what changes from idea that every you is you. 

Edited by purerogue

This song is not how I came to conclusion , but it sums it up,

Wont change who I am , to find who we are , I could be anything, 

I am emotion, I am ego, I am everything, I could be everything, but I am only one thing at the same time and everything at the same time

Hey , but it is not so bad , it does not mean that consciousness does not expand and you have no saying on it's changes, you already know that you are everything, this is just bit deeper everything,question is should I fell sorry for myself, or should I only care about myself and hope I am not this one unlucky part who gets all the suffering. 

46 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Idk how to fell about this, but how can I be observer of observer , there is nothing really paradoxical about it if you think, you believe that everyone is one and you are Leo, so what changes from idea that every you is you. 

Yes, kind of like being an observer to multiple perspectives and being aware of relative truth in each perspective - without getting attached or identified with any perspective.

25 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes, kind of like being an observer to multiple perspectives and being aware of relative truth in each perspective - without getting attached or identified with any perspective.

Have you hear about concept that Consciousness fragmented itself and purpose of life is so everyone in this reality and all other realities reach Enlightenment? Do you think it is even possible goal to achieve? 

Hmmm. . . I am imagining there is One Consciousness, that fragmented itself into trillions of smaller consciousnesses and each has a self identity of that is separate from the whole. Then the name of the Game is that each fragment realizes it is within the whole. Perhaps a higher Intelligence, or Big Brain, set up that Game. 

I think it would be challenging to attain due to the evolution of the human brain and hundreds of years of infrastructure supporting separate self identities. But who knows, perhaps Enlightenment will "go viral". :)

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Hmmm. . . I am imagining there is One Consciousness, that fragmented itself into trillions of smaller consciousnesses and each has a self identity of that is separate from the whole. Then the name of the Game is that each fragment realizes it is within the whole. Perhaps a higher Intelligence, or Big Brain, set up that Game. 

I think it would be challenging to attain due to the evolution of the human brain and hundreds of years of infrastructure supporting separate self identities. But who knows, perhaps Enlightenment will "go viral". :)

Well , the problem is that Consciousness is everything, how do you Enlighten tree. 

1 minute ago, purerogue said:

Well , the problem is that Consciousness is everything, how do you Enlighten tree. 

That's a good question. I've only considered the relative human perspective. It's challenging to imagine consciousness from the relative perspective of a tree. . . 

Let me share a bit of my story.

So my name in real life is "Godfrey" and throughout my entire life, I've had multiple people call me "God" for short. And I actually don't mind it, nowadays I tell people to call me "God" for short if they want. One of the workplaces I've worked at was at this huge restaurant, and this one manager started this whole thing one time and kept calling me "God." He spread it among my other co-workers, now everyone else kept calling me "God." Then I'll never forget this, but one day one of my co-workers was making a joke about how I was God, and starting asking me questions about life. One of the questions he asked was, "God, what is the purpose of life?" In a jokingly but serious manner I answered, "Maybe the purpose of life is to go find the purpose." He went silent and acted as if he didn't hear me.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

On 29.11.2018 at 8:47 PM, purerogue said:

"You" dont go about enlighten a tree. Just as much as the first human to experience enlightenment didnt have anyone doing it for them. You can only get there by yourself. So you dont have to bother with that, as the tree doesn't need you. 

I always view most animals (animals in nature) and flora to be kind of unaware enlightened. They have no ego, they are just being. As everything really. But humans have this special skill that they can think. Because of this skill we become aware of ourselfes but disconnected from being. Only by mastering this skill "thinking" you can get over this barrier and become connected to being again. Which you could call aware enlightened if you will.