Gladius

Psychedelics addiction

34 posts in this topic

How much is too much psychedelics? 

I had mushrooms in April and they worked wonders. However the experience was so intense I promised myself to do it only once a year. 

One month later I had the chance to join an ayahuasca retreat and I did it. 

Now I just got some magic truffles and plan to eat them soon.

I tell myself I'm using them for spiritual purposes only, but what if I'm tricking myself? Should I wait? The effects on the brain must be huge...

No tricking yourself, just ask yourself the facts.  Have you felt any noticeable shift in consciousness?  Have you integrated the lessons you've learned into your daily life yet?  Do you see yourself having a productive trip?  

I've been doing acid almost once a week spiritually for the last few months, sometimes just a half dose to get in that insightful head space.  I don't regret it at all, it's cheap, and it really has worked wonders for me, I'm sure you'll be fine.  If you haven't integrated your lessons from the last session, then what's the point, you still have lessons you need to integrate, get to work.  Anyways gl, trip safe

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

Once a month should be fine if you are using them responsibly. 

If you keep working on yourself between trips, keep trip reports, see yourself growing and changing for the better... well then you are on the right track.

Excellent question to ask yourself if you use them regularly. 

Ultimately you can become addicted and abuse anything as I'm sure you already know that. 

In my opinion, only you will know if your starting to abuse them. But also, how are you supposed to embody your insights and contemplate on the lessons learnt if your jumping from trip to trip? 

Maybe first... Contemplate deeply using a journal on why your actually using them. 

I'd say a good rule of thumb is to wait at least a month between trips, because I think many psychadelic compounds take around this long to recover from tolerance levels. However, I find that it typically takes me a couple months to integrate all of my new insights and wisdom to really benefit from another trip. If you ever find yourself tripping with diminished returns, either physiologically or even at the level of your perceptions/insights, I would say you have gone too far. Of course special occasions with friends or one time opportunities have to be evaluated on a case by case basis.

I've found that tripping is really something you have to respect and take seriously. It would be extremely unfortunate if you were to have a bad trip and muddy the rest of your future experiences. 

Perhaps you should limit yourself to once every 3 months or something and plan it like a vacation. That way you can prepare properly and hold yourself accountable (until the urge to continue doing them subsides for a while).

Edited by ZZZZ

You can't really develop addiction to pschycodelics. Unless it's a general unhealthy addiction to personal development, which can happen. You can always tell an addiction if the need to use the substance comes as a quick spontaneous urge, like an itch you need to scratch. Also, you feel that you are pushing yourself to use them forcefully, than you have that unhealthy neurotic personal development goal.

I'd say one a month is fine for start. When you get use to pschycodelic trips and insights you can try every two weeks. I'm at a period where i'm using 5-meo almost every week.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

2 minutes ago, Arthur said:

You can't really develop addiction to pschycodelics. Unless it's a general unhealthy addiction to personal development, which can happen. You can always tell an addiction if the need to use the substance comes as a quick spontaneous urge, like an itch you need to scratch. Also, you feel that you are pushing yourself to use them forcefully, than you have that unhealthy neurotic personal development goal.

I'd say one a month is fine for start. When you get use to pschycodelic trips and insights you can try every two weeks. I'm at a period where i'm using 5-meo almost every week.

Are you Canadian or can people get 5 Meo U.S. if they look hard enough? Or maybe you are from somewhere completely different 

Edited by zambize

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

2 minutes ago, Arthur said:

I'm at a period where i'm using 5-meo almost every week.

*Blinks slowly*

Woah ?

@zambize I'm in Canada. 

5-meo is not as easy to get even here. I found most of the labs our of stock. it's still a scheduled 3 substance. I got really lucky and found it fairly easily.

Sorry I can't really help with getting it in the US. :S

Just now, Arthur said:

@zambize I'm in Canada. 

5-meo is not as easy to get even here. I found most of the labs our of stock. it's still a scheduled 3 substance. I got really lucky and found it fairly easily.

Sorry I can't really help with getting it in the US. :S

Curse you, don't worry though, you've joined an ever growing list of people I've asked.  Have fun next week though lucky bastard

10 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

*Blinks slowly*

Woah ?

After my breakthrough I didn't touch it for two weeks. Now i'm more tolerant to it (i mean how often can you die?).

5-MeO have transformed my life beyond any way I can describe. It feels like physical changes in the brain. Thats the only way i can explain my shift in perspective after I started using it. I will probably document my process and post at some point.

For now, i have my time with God through 5-meo.

It's totally worth getting, no matter the lengths you have to go to.

Edited by Arthur

@ZZZZ Actually, this year I planned psychedelics for every vacation I had (the three I mentioned). Only in one vacation period I chose to go on a pilgrimage instead (which was also great).

7 minutes ago, Gladius said:

@ZZZZ Actually, this year I planned psychedelics for every vacation I had (the three I mentioned). Only in one vacation period I chose to go on a pilgrimage instead (which was also great).

Sounds fairly moderate to me mate. Seems like you are putting some thought into your "trips," so that's all that matters. :)

4 minutes ago, Gladius said:

@ZZZZ  Too much thought maybe xD

The root of all of our problems right there ;)

Hardly seems like an addiction. 

would you consider someone who drinks alcohol to the point of intoxication a five times a year an addict?

2 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

Hardly seems like an addiction. 

would you consider someone who drinks alcohol to the point of intoxication a five times a year an addict?

No but they can still abuse it for the wrong reason's no? 

@Arthur Fsir enough. Whatever works for you :) would be great if you documented it. 

@zambize @Arthur and guys please don't talk about where to source drugs from. Refer to the forums user guidelines. Thank you ?

1 minute ago, Charlotte said:

@Arthur Fsir enough. Whatever works for you :) would be great if you documented it. 

@zambize @Arthur and guys please don't talk about where to source drugs from. Refer to the forums user guidelines. Thank you ?

I baited him, my bad D::::::

What's funny is I never got addicted to psychedelics.  I tend to do a bunch in the winter for some reason because I'm typically doing a lot of personal development work in the winter and there's more free time available.  Winter is a very introspective time of the year.  I never really look forward to doing psychedelics to get high.  What makes me crave doing psychedelics is when I feel like my soul needs a cleanse and that i have a bunch of new insights that need to come out.  I went like 8 months this year without doing psychedelics because I just didn't want to.  I had no reason to.

Edited by Joseph Maynor