CreamCat

I want to help Leo Gura with Jordan Peterson.

46 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, brugluiz said:

Aren't you having black or white thinking by telling JP's a false prophet?

Can't you learn anything with him? Because it seems if you're going to listen to someone, you have to follow his/her ideology. I don't know if it's healthy.

I can even learn something from the homeless bum doing drugs by the bridge where i pass every night. It doesn't mean that i should. 

5 minutes ago, Quicksilver said:

I can even learn something from the homeless bum doing drugs by the bridge where i pass every night. It doesn't mean that i should. 

It's okay. If you can't resonate with Jordan Peterson, it's okay to skip his teachings. But anyway, you don't need to claim what you were claiming. You literally told people shouldn't listen to anything that JP says.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver said:

The man is a false prophet and he won't help you get anywhere in life with his ideology. 

All prophets are inherently false. And Jordan Peterson can and has helped a lot of people tremendously relative to developing grit and direction. There is a reason why he's so popular, as his self-help advice can be used to develop underdeveloped potentials. This is sorely needed in society.

That said, taking his advice is like following the bread crumb trail to the ginger-bread house that is home to the witches oven.

He gives a lot of great stuff, all the while leading people into consciousness traps. These traps keep people in perspectives that are like consciousness holding points. And that pattern of contraction is spreading more through society as a result of his influence especially, but also along with many other things.

So, even if an individual can have benefit through Jordan Peterson's teachings, it will come at great cost to themselves and society at large. It's like selling your soul for some small gains that you could have acquired a different way. 

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

1 hour ago, brugluiz said:

It's okay. If you can't resonate with Jordan Peterson, it's okay to skip his teachings. But anyway, you don't need to claim what you were claiming. You literally told people shouldn't listen to anything that JP says.

Ideologues like Peterson can send you down some very deep rabbit holes. 

And the way he lures you in is of course via some useful albeit very basic advice. 

Any master/mentor will tell you to clean your room, from Jesus Christ to Eckhart Tolle, but thats just scratching the very surface. 

1 hour ago, Quicksilver said:

Ideologues like Peterson can send you down some very deep rabbit holes. 

And the way he lures you in is of course via some useful albeit very basic advice. 

Any master/mentor will tell you to clean your room, from Jesus Christ to Eckhart Tolle, but thats just scratching the very surface. 

The Peter Pan syndrome is awesome. Who talks about it? Jordan Peterson.

Even if JP is individualistic, egotistical and Blue/Orange centered person, I have these traits too. I'm not just about high consciousness and I still couldn't find anyone who is. If Ecky was all about high consciousness, he would neither sell his books to make money. It's because we have different types of consciousness: low conaciousness, mid consciousness and high consciousness.

Jordan Peterson talks to my different types of consciousness in some degree, while Eckhart Tolle talks more to my high values. And even if you were all about high consciousness or even if Leo was all about high consciousness, he would never talk about Jordan Peterson. He would never mention his name.

So people are not misled by JP or whatever. People are still responsible for their own acts.

We can reach enlightenment, but we are still human beings with our own ego. I still can't believe on this story that we're all about high values.

On 11/25/2018 at 0:21 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

Yeah.  That's a great movie.  I might start doing movie reviews of certain movies that are instructive to personal development.

@Joseph Maynor I'd love to see this