NoSelfSelf

Enlightement makes you stupid?

9 posts in this topic

Can you be enlightened and smart that seems that doesnt go hand to hand (especially when there is quick decision making involved)but you get spontaneus knowledge which is nice?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

3 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Can you be enlightened and smart that seems that doesnt go hand to hand (especially when there is quick decision making involved)but you get spontaneus knowledge which is nice?

That depends on your definition of "smart". I would say transcending the self expands intelligence.

@Serotoninluv how would you define intelligence?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

There's no mechanism in the brain in which abiding DMN deactivation would make you stupid, in fact it will probably increase performance as you're able to concentrate better while removing bandwidth eating self-thoughts. It appears though in studies conducted by Jeffrey Martin on enlightened people that it does appear to impact memory by some factor.

@Outer Yeah remembering stuff is harder when you need answer on the spot thats what i meant by stupid but there is no such thing as being smart and stupid in non dual....

It's you.

Now fight.

The intellect seems to be only a part of intelligence. So I would say that the intellect would expand intelligence. But when we are limited to the intellect, as in we do not know it’s limits/nature we then limit intelligence itself. 

Intelligent action doesn’t depend on thought content/time. Action that arises from thought depends on its content/knowledge which is always limited.

Edited by Jack River

32 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Serotoninluv how would you define intelligence?

That is a wonderfully juicy self inquiry question. 

I'm unable to offer a post-rational definition. Yet I can say my view of intelligence was based on logic / reason. My transition to post-rational understanding involved direct experience with intellectual, emotional, social, creative, intuitive and empathetic forms of intelligence. Then, these distinctions began to dissolve. As well, I contemplated and had experience with the source of intelligence. I.e. From where does intelligence arise?