Jonson

Effects of smoking shisha on health

9 posts in this topic

Are here some people who like to smoke shisha? For me it's a relaxing thing . I like to go with my friends and smoke . It calms me and helps me introspect.  Im 17 btw

I was wondering if any of you know something about its effects on health?

Thank you :)

it's tobacco 

it's the same as smoking a bunch of cigarettes in one night 

so yeah, bad for you 

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/tobacco_industry/hookahs/index.htm

Non tobacco shisha isn't addictive because of the lack of nicotine, but even it has harmful chemicals and is toxic. They've also found the charcoals themselves have toxic chemicals that are inhaled when smoked.

From any angle it's bad for you. Better off finding something else to do communally.

Playing instruments in a circle is one good binder to bring people together to socialize. Also setting up the area in a way that promotes socializing. Like having seating facing each other, such as a circle.

Edited by Elysian
Add

Depends. First you have the charcoal. When you buy it yourself and you get the ones that can be ignited with a lighter. Those have substances in them to ignite more easy. I always got headaches from them. I think the ones made from coconut tree are healthier but they require a hotter source than a lighter to ignite. Then the tabacco itself I think has varying degrees of "toxicity" depending on the manufacturer. Furthermore you deeply inhale a lot of smoke and there is no filter, so do the math.

I wouldnt recommend it.

Dude, I used to have a massive problem with it, I would smoke 3-4 times a week and used it as a crutch to calm my anxiety. I eventually gave it up and its been 5 months since, its as harmful if not worse than cigarettes. I know you love that feeling of lightheadedness that you get after the first couple of inhales, but I would say, think about how you feel an hour later, two hours later, the next day, do you really feel better? What I found for myself is that it not only made me more anxious in the long run, but I also felt guilty that I was depending on something to calm my state. The relaxation effect is very shortlasting and ephemeral, you need to realize that you could feel relaxed most of the time with no substances whatsoever! 

I know its really hard, but you need to stop if you want to take care of your health. Let it be known to your family and friends so that they can support you. What I did is I gave it to a family member and told him to lock it and never give it back to me not even if Im begging for it. The desire goes away after a month or so. Also, you could try running or doing some exercise, it will motivate you to stay in a healthy state and avoid pernicious substances.

I have seen junkies and drug addicts smoke shisha , cut that shit man , you will become a zombie in a few years .