exhale

Intuition vs. fear-based decisions

9 posts in this topic

Scenario: when making big life decisions, and you have a "sixth-sense" that a particular decision is not the right one. 

How does one know if it is their instinctive intuition that is informing them that this decision is not in line with their values, and how does one know if this feeling is their conscious and subconscious fear influencing their decision making? 

you'll know by raising your level of conciousness. 

Imagine you die tomorrow. Today is your last day. Now think is the thing you want to do is something that is worthwhile doing?

Also do this guided death contemplation. It will put you on the right track i believe.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Why does it matter? 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

6 hours ago, exhale said:

How does one know if it is their instinctive intuition that is informing them that this decision is not in line with their values, and how does one know if this feeling is their conscious and subconscious fear influencing their decision making? 

I would be mindful of rational/logical reasoning in search of an answer.

Sometimes I simply ask "From where is this impulse arising"? Or, "what does nature desire to bring forth through me?".

For me, gathering data, facts, practicalities etc. is great. It's great input. Then, allow a "higher order" consciousness to "decide" and express itself.

I imagine myself waiting for a train in Paris and uncertain what to do next. Should I return to the hostel? Should I try to squeeze in a trip to the Eiffel Tower? Inputting information such as train schedules, tourist hours, meal times etc. is fine. Then, there is often an intuition toward something. 

As well, perhaps contemplate "decisions". Who/what is "deciding"?

When the 6th sense is in action and you use it consciously, with the good decision you will feel grounded, with a bad decision you will have plexus trembling and restless legs. But you need to know yourself first. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I appreciate the input and opinions.  Perhaps some (vague as I prefer to remain anonymous) context may be helpful.  

I have the opportunity to become a part of a large start-up.  The prognosis for this investment is good (the risk of failure is low), but the initial investment is very high (ex. millions, with 100% financing from the bank).  

There are many components of the opportunity that are attractive: be a part of a team and build something amazing, greater financial compensation, challenge myself new ways, and the opportunity is aligned with one of my life purposes.  Saying that, I recognize that there are many components of the opportunity that I perceive as drawbacks: the financial commitment and risk is certainly out of my comfort zone, increased stress, and I have reservations about the obligation/time commitment that will be expected of me (and inevitable interference with family time/personal development/alternative interest time).  

I struggle with this big decision: the opportunity is awesome--but there are costs/concerns/drawbacks.  To complicate matters, my line of work presents me with the opportunity, regardless if I pursue this particular opportunity, to perform work that is aligned with my life purpose and make an above average income (the high-end potential is just not as high, and not in an ownership capacity).  

My intuition is telling me to back away from the opportunity because of the stress/time commitment; I have performed "death bed exercises" on this topic, and I do not feel like it is imperative that I take advantage of this opportunity.  But, I cannot deny that I am fearful of the risk and the responsibility--and that life would be a lot easier if I pass on the opportunity.  

Intuition vs. fear-based decisions.. 

Really the same. Psychological time. Choice/decision is still inherent in intuition. If there is an impulse and that is limited to the intellect/conditioned reaction itself. This intuition still influenced by memory and therefore not whole.

Only what is whole can act free of deciding/choice. This is how there is instantaneous ending of thought itself. This is how you here of people becoming of “enlightened” without cultivating practices, knowledge, time. Pretty gnarly dudes.

Edited by Jack River