Rilles

3 Sessions Of 1 Hr SDS Sits In One Morning

13 posts in this topic

Try it! Its blissful! If you want to know why you should meditate! After those 3 hrs youll know why. :P

Btw, if youre a painter or artist of some kind, the images that come up while your sitting can be a huge inspiration for creativity, I saw a lot of mind-bending pictures that I couldnt have come up with by thinking. Infinite intelligence in action. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@PsiloPutty i gave myself an hour, but i realized its too much, good for a first time, next time ill probably go for 30 mins

If you're like me, it looks daunting before you start, but when all your sits are done, you think "I could do that every day!"  :D   It does feel good.

@PsiloPutty Yes! Exactly! I remember in 2016 when i first tried it, 10 mins of sitting was like torture, now im like... really? this is pure heaven, i actually love the buzzing sensation in my legs that appears when im sitting really still xD

Did you check out the thread today about the kid who does 4-hour sits (with a shit-eatin' grin) and posts them on YouTube? My hat's off to the guy.

@Salvijus This is my micro-preparation hehe. I hope to join a retreat someday, I even tried to keep a vow of silence today lol.

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

I even tried to keep a vow of silence today lol.

How amazing is it to not say a word and just observe ♥️

52 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

How amazing is it to not say a word and just observe ♥️

One thing that really struck me is how silent it usually is to be alone, we just cant hear it because our minds our always too loud. xD

Be careful not to turn that into a neurosis, or even to use meditation as an escape. 

I used to do those long sittings everyday for multiple hours. Turned out, I wasn't becoming more aware. I was becoming desensitized to reality. Because I didn't want to deal with life, I'd think, "Screw everything. I'll meditate. That's the most important thing I can do in life." After a while, I became attached to meditation, thinking that I "needed" to sit in order to live a good life. 

Sitting upright for a very long time without moving can be very painful, especially for people here in the west who have terrible posture. Sitting for too long in an incorrect position can be unhealthy. But here comes the masochist thing: I started to enjoy the uncomfortable sensations that would emerge during the sitting. That is not a positive thing. It's like enjoying suffering. 

I'm not saying that's your case. I'm just sharing my personal experience. 

Edited by Gabriel Antonio