The Don

Nootropics: Is Green Tea Bad For You?

28 posts in this topic

@moon777light you can get a lot of information about ashwagandha (like brahmi) on ayurveda specific web sites. because it’s ayurvedic medicine it’s very good researched. i don’t know so much about the dosage though. and if you can buy it as standardized medication. in ayurveda it’s used either as a powder a liquid or a pill or in massage oil. if you buy it in form of pills, usually the supplier gives a recommendation on the amount.

ayurvedic medicine often takes some time to see effects.

My best source of Caffeine is raw fermented cacao nuts, not to mention Theobromine, is LSD like with 50+ nuts ingested. 

34002p_4.jpg

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Hellspeed 50+ nuts? it’s one or two meals... how long does it take to digest the effect out of it? :ph34r:

do you eat one at a time or whole handful?

Edited by now is forever

@Hellspeed if you don’t eat 50+ beans, how many would you recommend to eat for a day?

i started to include them into my diet. well i already ate about ten, because they seem to be yummy even though a little bitter. so where to stop?

50+ beans doesn’t seem to be difficult in the yummy zone, but it might be in the heartrate zone.

update: found out 5 to 20 nuts per day are ok. but not every day, as you get tired after a while and like with coffee headache as a  sideffect when you discontinue.

Edited by now is forever

On 22.10.2018 at 11:25 PM, Outer said:

compounds like any other with different effects. he mentioned bacopa which is an adaptogen i think.

depends on the definition. adaptogens use to have an overall effect on the psyche and the body - in sense of immune diseases and stress, anxiety, depression problems, they are mostly “balancing“ substances. while nootropics work to “boost“ the brainfunction. so it’s a matter of definition if bacopa is an adaptogen or a nootropic. 

in some sense all adaptogens are also nootropics....but not all nootropics are adaptogens.

in ayurveda bacopa/brahmi and whitania somnifera/ashwaghanda are both rasayanas for the mind. there are also other rasayanas like amlaki for the body. rasayanas are herbs, fruits and barks which are used to bring the body into balance not more not less.

Edited by now is forever

I got off the caffeine and it’s been a real success for me.  I used to ingest caffeine life a fiend.  

I like the Macha Green tea that Leo uses in his smoothie video.  That’s good stuff.  I bought some of that and use it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor