Shin

Become a Muslim !

9 posts in this topic

Joking, don't.

BUT !

One thing that is really nice in their tradition is to "pray" 5 times a day !

If you actually meditate for 10/20 minutes, let's say:

1. When you wake up
  2. Before lunch
  3. In the middle of the afternoon
  4. Before the evening meal
  5. Before going to bed

How will you forget that you're lying to yourself all the time about what you are ?

9_9

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I'm a Muslim. 

I can't speak for the masses but I can tell you this.

Most prayer is done with recitation of the same verses. In Arabic. Majority of the Muslim don't even know what the words mean. They have it memorized. It's a quick blind activity for most. Even those who commit n prayer 5 times a day and haven't missed a day

Their awareness will have been the same as it was 10-20 years ago

They do the practice thinking the practice itself is giving them positive points of good deed n offset any sin points.

That's the prayer in action in a nut shell for you

Now looking back, I truly feel that if this practice is done mindfully then it's amazing. You get the excersice (yoga-arab style) and connection with God if done so with the right understanding and really being deeply in it and also understanding what is being said

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Of course I wasn't talking about prayer, but regular meditation.

God is love

And God in them

13 hours ago, Shin said:

Joking, don't.

BUT !

One thing that is really nice in their tradition is to "pray" 5 times a day !

If you actually meditate for 10/20 minutes, let's say:

1. When you wake up
  2. Before lunch
  3. In the middle of the afternoon
  4. Before the evening meal
  5. Before going to bed

How will you forget that you're lying to yourself all the time about what you are ?

9_9

Tell you what my opinion about this routine having a Muslim background of origin,

It's actually 3/times a day and that's when sun rises, when sun set, when sun in the middle. (Which is far most the best)

Mohammad had been extended this routine to splitting the last 2 to, 

sun in middle -> sun in middle and before the sunset (like 1 hour before)

when sun set -> when sun set and last before going to sleep.

Mohammad has taken a lot of things from different variety of spiritual traditions/religions.

4 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@SoonHei Would you say prayer is similar to a repeated mantra?

Yes. But both offer very little for the effort and time. 

My parents are Hindus.  They recite almost an hour of prayer in Sanskrit daily. And on holy days they do Marathon prayers which includes reciting mantras, burning instincts, idol worshipping etc. 

The deeper meaning of these mantras in mind-blowing in a good way. I think ancient Hindu wisdom (and perhaps other religions too, though I am unfamiliar) eat enlightenment for breakfast. But as they don't understand Sanskrit or the depth of these words, its just useless recital. At the most, it helps them disconnect from reality and perhaps activate law-of-attraction as they hold their wish loosely in the mind. While such prayer may be better than doing nothing or harmful things, their self-growth is no way proportional to effort or the real meaning of the mantras.  I can, therefore, relate to @SoonHei's argument and agree with him. 

Just meditate 5 times a day for 10 minutes each times and report here the difference between meditating once for one hour a day please ?

God is love

And God in them

@Shan Yes, if possible, I agree on learning the meaning of mantra(s) one chooses to recite. This deepens the initial strong concentration needed, because ideally, you have to focus on a specific imagined action between you and the focus/deity (until effort is not required for concentration, and that's merely the beginning of another part of the journey!)

Prayer is talking to god, meditation is listening to god.

B R E A T H E