Samra

The Bullshitting Animal Episode is the Answer

7 posts in this topic

I've been into self development work for 5 years now. And i've been studying Leo's research and teachings for 2 years. But this latest video about bullshitting animal brought it all home for me. I am so fake that even when posting things in this forum i cannot be totally honest. I have a huge facade. And it's been there forever. And that's why I can't be authentic. Cause I only know one way to survive, and that's through lying. Constant facade. Constant acting. I'm an amazing actor. And the scary thing is, that I don't know how to be honest and truthful. So Thank you @Leo Gura, for holding up a mirror. It was not a pretty sight. But it's better to look now than never. 

“Ultimately, happiness comes down to choosing between the discomfort of becoming aware of your mental afflictions and the discomfort of being ruled by them.”
― Robert Wright, Why Buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@Samra

Glad that pieces are starting to get together for you. That 5 years commitment is praiseworthy. Lot of shit gets discovered within us day after day. Just don't take these things personally. It's the default human condition of living. To survive is to lie.

Keep watching patiently and non judgmentally. You never chose inauthentic issues. No one consciously 'chooses' shit. Let that watchfulness go on untainted and without any agenda. See what comes naturally.

Remember, pretty things like flowers basically live on 'bullshit' :)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

That's right. Sometimes, I spot my own bullshits while I spout those bullshits on this forum.

Sometimes, I see Leo seemingly contradict himself about open-mindedness by having strong convictions about social issues on his own forum.

He admits that his explanations are messy and contradictory in his video.

He said something in the line of "Don't just believe what I say. Prove it for yourself." Even when he is strongly convinced that he's right about some issue, we should not believe him. We should validate his points independently.

Wisdom of crowd comes from an open network of independent thinkers that spans space and time.

Edited by CreamCat

2 hours ago, Samra said:

I've been into self development work for 5 years now. And i've been studying Leo's research and teachings for 2 years. But this latest video about bullshitting animal brought it all home for me. I am so fake that even when posting things in this forum i cannot be totally honest. I have a huge facade. And it's been there forever. And that's why I can't be authentic. Cause I only know one way to survive, and that's through lying. Constant facade. Constant acting. I'm an amazing actor. And the scary thing is, that I don't know how to be honest and truthful. So Thank you @Leo Gura, for holding up a mirror. It was not a pretty sight. But it's better to look now than never. 

Start journaling :) 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them