How to be wise

A suggestion to deal with the banning crisis

66 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Should you get undressed before taking a shower?  Should you open your mouth before you take a drink of water?  Should you put your foot on the gas in order to make the car go?  Don't be averse to shoulds across the board, that's a Thought that's being clung to.

maybe but you don’t have to. you could experience something though.

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Should you get undressed before taking a shower?  Should you open your mouth before you take a drink of water?  Should you put your foot on the gas in order to make the car go?  Don't be averse to shoulds across the board, that's a Thought that's being clung to.  And we all should too, even now is forever is shoulding in his own way by challenging me.  Not all shoulds are moral shoulds.  One should know the relevant law as a lawyer before taking on a client that has a legal issue that requires knowledge of those laws.  One should have a degree in biology if they want to be a biology professor (I assume there are a few very tiny exceptions to this).  One should do self-observation work as part of their Enlightenment Work.

Nice, haven't heard such clarity of thought in a while 

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@Joseph Maynor I general, I’m getting a sense of how people *should* behave. A sense of rules to act the “right” way.

That’s just what is arising in me. You may not intend it that way, yet I can see how someone would be impacted that way. 

how can we form new patterns if we don’t question the shoulds? and ask ourselves what we want to achieve with them instead? even going further, asking ourselves what we want with the wants before you can ask what you want with the wands.

basic art metaphysiks for all arts.

Edited by now is forever
and i‘m not a guy

On 10/11/2018 at 6:07 PM, d0ornokey said:

@Leo Gura I support the bans.  On the RSd forum, there were 3 incels who started lots of dumb Incel debates. Tyler had the same exact arguments with his forum members about the bans too Haha. 

It

1. Helped further and expand my limiting beliefs 

2. While they were posting, the majority of the forum devolved to arguing with then

3. Very frustrating cuz they were not open minded to listen to any other belief system

4. At one point It was so autistic that I couldn't even read the forum anymore 

5. I stopped learning as much because it was just dumb posts

So you close yourself off completely from that paradigm, just covering your ears because it offends you

This is an old thread that was thoroughly hashed out over a month ago.