Naviy

"the Power Of Self Acceptance" - Incredible Exercise

10 posts in this topic

Leo's latest video is magical.

In the middle of the exercise I started laughing from relief and could not stop for a couple of minutes. Cool.

Now I do this "giving love and understanding" to myself each time I blame myself for anything (at least, when I remember to do this exercise, because blaming myself is such an automatic habit).
For example, when I am too anxious before a meeting, and when I think that I should not be so anxious. Or when I feel shame after remembering some past event. Or when I fail at some activity. Or when I am lazy. And in dozens of other cases.

I have noticed, how strict and unforgiving I have always been to myself in every aspect of my life. I have been more unforgiving to myself than to any other human.

This exercise is actually one of the most powerful from actualized.org. The power of self acceptance is incredible. It makes you feel so much more safe and less neurotic. More confident, happier. More freedom. Less fear.

I want to make this exercise one of my daily practices like meditation or affirmations. A very liberating exercise.

By the way, interesting - I have noticed that giving yourself a feeling of Understanding is even more liberating than giving yourself the feeling of unconditional Love (however, these feel almost the same). When doing this exercise I almost imagine some feminine essence (like loving mother) saying to me something like "I fully understand you here, you have the absolute right to feel like that, I fully and totally understand, I love you". Or even I imagine myself as a loving mother giving Acceptance and Understanding to a particular emotion or aspect of myself.

Edited by Naviy

I agree.  Self-acceptance is one of the hidden secrets behind advanced personal development.   You go from the beating-yourself-up paradigm to self-acceptance.  Everybody should do the exercise in this video.  We are so hard on ourselves.  This, paradoxically, is like shooting a hole in your own boat. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

The funny thing about the video is you watch it and it comes across as silly and something that wouldn't work, yet it is the most powerful technique I have learned from Actualized.org.

On 7/1/2017 at 2:23 AM, TeamBills said:

The funny thing about the video is you watch it and it comes across as silly and something that wouldn't work, yet it is the most powerful technique I have learned from Actualized.org.

This and "Awareness Alone is Curative" video haha!  Two of the very best.

On 1.7.2017 at 0:23 PM, TeamBills said:

it is the most powerful technique I have learned from Actualized.org.

I agree. I have also found this exercise to be extremely powerful. I hope Leo's gonna make (sometime, in the future) another, more in-depth video about the power of self-acceptance and how drastically it can change one's life. ❤

This is so incredibly powerful. When I started doing this today, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, most likely from the resistance that was built up. 

Now that I just finished I just feel so free and light.

I wonder if I should do this guided session once a week or try to embody it another way

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

31 minutes ago, Max_V said:

I wonder if I should do this guided session once a week or try to embody it another way

Try Teal Swan's 365 Days of Self-Love practice. https://tealswan.com/resources/processes/365-days-of-self-love-r9/

It's basically designed that you embody self-acceptance and embrace everything about yourself that you have been resisting, everything. And with that comes freedom, peace and acceptance of the whole world exactly as it is. :)

That was really powerful. What I've noticed is that every time he stated a part of myself to accept, it started with a visualisation/thought and each time it ended in complete silence. As if the thoughts melted into acceptance again and again.

It's a beautiful summary of the spiritual process. First there's ego. You try to work on that ego with even more ego, through the thinking mind. Eventually you reach a point of the acceptance of ego which then dissolves it. The more you accept, the more it dissolves and true love remains.  

Acceptance is what you are. So silence itself is already enough.