Saiph

Tips for 18 year olds

11 posts in this topic

I wonder since many of you are 20+, 30+ and even 40+. What should I do more begin 18 years old?

Here is what I do:

-30min meditation every day

-30min reading.

-Not masturbating compulsively. 

-Doing intermittment fasting.

-Going to the gym.

-Started running a business which is doing fine now and will set me up.

Here is what i do that I need help with:

-Quitting playing video games:

What should i do instead of playing videogames, when it's dark outside and winter etc.

-Begin conscious through out the day

-Finding practical ways increase positivity (morning routine stuff)

I don't feel comfortable saying what you 'should' do but, here are things i would have like to have done and do.

I would have liked to have:

-taken better care of my teeth with flossing after meals and brushing after meals.

-addressed my childhood traumas earlier

-understood my pain rather than trying to avoid it.

-been more truthful about who i am and what i think.

things i did that were of benefit to me:

-Martial arts such as karate helped me with: poise, fitness, body confidence, a sense of inner strength to aid in confidence, fulfill the warrior archetype, be more resilient to stress, channel anger and some claim contact martial arts like fencing improves cognition.

-Studying philosophy.

-Fun experiences of festivals, art and music.

Edited by In Sterquiliniis

@Saiph That's excellent for your age.

I highly suggest teaching yourself Kriya yoga. You'll thank me later ;)

I also have a vid: Advice For High School And College Students

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura as a 18 year old girl,looks are very important.  I remember not caring about it and being bullied neglected because of it .So as you told  in the happiness spectrum video,not to chase after beauty. As in don't make it the sole purpose of our lives.? Is there something wrong with wanting to make ourselves look good to feel good about ourselves?Just for our own self

@sneha Nothing wrong with anything.

The only wrinkle is, are you really doing it for you? Or out of fear, envy, conformity, etc?

Do you really know why you do what you do?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Good to see others of my age turning conscious as well. I suggest finding a passion. Mine is writing, which is why I am building business around that. Books + investing money into cryptocurrency and stuff. What is your business, may I ask?

6 hours ago, In Sterquiliniis said:

fulfill the warrior archetype

May I ask what this means and why it helped you spiritual/health wise?

If you're already there at 18, you'll be full Buddha in 10 years.

?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I will only target light on what I do on mornings to start my day with motivation, inspiration, innovation and creation.

The first thing I do is hydrate my body with plenty of water, continue on with brushing my teeth, am aware of stiff body parts and raise my consciousness with a 10 to 90-minute yoga session (the session depends completely on arranged meetings and goings of the day). After the session, I journal for 30 minutes. If I do not have the time to journal right after my yoga session, I journal somewhere during the day. I meditate for 25 minutes each evening. This routine has raised my sense of clarity and reduced my impulsive actions tremendously. I highly recommend trying this out for a while to see if this suits you.

Currently, I am in college in the environmental field and becoming an environmental inspector after graduating (in about a year). This, however, isn't my passion as I wish to pursue my mission as a yoga instructor. Human anatomy, physiology and the capability of the human mind are highly interesting, which I wish to delve deeper upon graduation as I will be doing volunteering work after graduation.

Full-time Breath attention as soon as possible if you are brave enough to awaken. 

By doing this, all the other activities will just fall into place for you without decisions and events. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.