sneha

Has Leo's "how to stop caring what people think of you worked for anybody here"?

9 posts in this topic

Has those affirmations worked for you? Share your experience?

When I watched it, I basically forgot all about it the next day. I then watched it again a few months later and forgot about it. I could not be bothered to do affirmations or really contemplate on what he was saying. 

However, one thing in that video stuck with me: where he said that people's opinions are random. When he said it, it didn't help me, but then I realized it in my own experience. I realized that people's opinions are random and meaningless; people might like you because how you look or dislike you because of your ethnicity or because you look like their ex-boyfriend. People might have low self-esteem and hate you because they're insecure around you. People are generally dumb, in my opinion. They're driven by petty emotions such as wanting to preserve their self-image. 

Anyways, hearing Leo say it didn't help me, but when I discovered it for myself, I remembered I had watched Leo say it a few years earlier. The stuff that Leo and other teachers say won't help too much until you discover what they say for yourself in your own life. At least, this is how it is for me. 

I never did do the affirmations. 

Also, a fun fact: that was the video that introduced me to Actualized.org.

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

Well It doesn't work for short period unless you sit and contemplate and question this. It worked for me greatly but  what actually worked my own unique realizations and conclusions but as soon as my life reaches peak of intensity, i tend to fall back and return to the point zero.  whenever I remind myself and do the spiritual practices, things gradually become good again with days and weeks of consistency. It doesn't work for one or today because if you think about it, is just sooooo deeply hardwired inside each one of us to care what others think due to hundreds or millions of years of humanity. We are still newbies in this technological era(most people only realized technology like 80 years ago and human rights almost 50-60 years ago). We still struggling to survive everyday and we still retain almost all of our internal chimpanzee emotions and features and survival mechanisms. Just look at documentaries of Chimps excommunicating out members who are rebellious or murdering them. Nobody is going to murder you if you are in western country by not caring what they think.  Just realizing this makes allows me to reduce symptoms by 15 to 25%. The other half is reviewing my deep investigations and affirmations and mantras and visualizations.

I recommend you read the gift of fear by Gavin de becker.

It will help you understand this most profound mechanism in you, and point out the trap of excessive fear and worries that are just unnecessary.

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

Yes and no. Leo said to do the affirmations for 5 mins a day for 3 months. I stay committed to the challenge and actually did it! To be honest, it really does work. Some how I tricked my brain to not care what people think of me good or bad. And I’ve been getting good results. But, after stop doing the affirmation. I started to become aware that I still care about what people think of me. So what I learned is that you have to keep doing the. Affirmations everyday for it to work.

In my experience affirmation dont do much,  because they create a conflict in your mind. One part says this, then the other part says that and this doesnt lead you anywhere.  What helped me a bit is to realise that people are ever changing and confused creatures. One day the say this, the other day they say that, the third day they say smtg entirely new and that basically makes me think that it is all meaningless :)

One still gets their attention to what people are saying and usually the inner circle of family and friends. 

The root cause is unresolved traumas in the body. 

Those very good intentions for the wrong reasons you put Up with them. 

When I talk about traumas and blockages in the body I talk about the wrong setup in the energetical system of the being. 

Everybody knows and is capable to open the chakras, but not everybody really knows the exact sequence. Because the Angles/Wheels/Chakras of the body doesn't follow a numerical order, like 1, 2, 3 or red, orange, yellow, etc. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Sneha which part of India are u from?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Imo, Leo is at his best on that video, mainly because it's a very personal topic for him. 

I don't think it's necessary to do the affirmations for 5 minutes straight. My voice would probably get tired by the end, and I'd probably do them robotically. Instead, I think if you do them only one to three times but with concentration is enough to program those beliefs into your subconscious mind. 

My experience: 

Being too nice is bad. Being too asshole is bad. Because I had been too much of a nice guy for most of my life, it was necessary to apply force to the direction of asshole, but it turned out I overdid it. But now, I seem to have found the middle ground, after exploring the two extremes. 

Let's use this spectrum: 

| ------------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------| 

Being nice                                                                                       Being an asshole 

I used to be here: 

| -------x----------------------------------|----------------------------------------------| 

Being nice                                                                                       Being an asshole 

Then, I ended up here (about 8 months after I watched the video): 

| ------------------------------------------|---------------------------------x------------| 

And now I'm somewhere around here:

| ------------------------------------x-----|----------------------------------------------| 

Good luck! Remember: it's a process. Don't rush yourself.