ThrowAway

Leo, do you have proof of reincarnation?

9 posts in this topic

You mentioned it before in another thread but I was hoping for more elaboration. It's funny how before I began doing self inquiry exercises (as per Ramana Maharshi) I really did believe that ego death was possible. I guess it was hope but of course after having some samadhi experiences, I took it more seriously.

I don't think the idea of reincarnation is wacky or unbelievable. It really makes sense but I would like to know if it's possible to know if it's true or not.

I suppose an important question to ask is why is the answer important to know? I know Buddha is reported to have told devotees inquiring about if God was real or not to not waste their time on things they will never be able to prove true. Those who achieve enlightenment may have different interpretations of it (God-Realization or End of Suffering) but they will know/experience the ultimate truth, that we are not the body nor the mind, but instead the witness (pure consciousness).

If I was to never know if reincarnation was real or not, I would still pursue my spiritual path. But if I was to find out it was true, I feel like I would make more progress surrendering.

Thank you.

Awaken to Absolute Truth and you will know.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

My guru told me the same thing........maybe I'll find out the answer in my next life ;)

11 hours ago, ThrowAway said:

You mentioned it before in another thread but I was hoping for more elaboration. It's funny how before I began doing self inquiry exercises (as per Ramana Maharshi) I really did believe that ego death was possible. I guess it was hope but of course after having some samadhi experiences, I took it more seriously.

I don't think the idea of reincarnation is wacky or unbelievable. It really makes sense but I would like to know if it's possible to know if it's true or not.

I suppose an important question to ask is why is the answer important to know? I know Buddha is reported to have told devotees inquiring about if God was real or not to not waste their time on things they will never be able to prove true. Those who achieve enlightenment may have different interpretations of it (God-Realization or End of Suffering) but they will know/experience the ultimate truth, that we are not the body nor the mind, but instead the witness (pure consciousness).

If I was to never know if reincarnation was real or not, I would still pursue my spiritual path. But if I was to find out it was true, I feel like I would make more progress surrendering.

Thank you.

Here is the proof that implies that consciousness is not limited to your body: 

Assume that natural processes are continuous, and that every possible universe or ways a universe could occur can be represented on a continuous line, implying infinite numbers x on the interval (or the real number line, if you will).

Then,

P(X=x) = 0 for any continuous random variable X . (P means probability). In other words, «Your consciousness» would be X, which as shown has probability zero.

This proves that becoming conscious through «mainstream materialism» is impossible. (Mushrooms are illegal in my country)

Edited by Edvard

@ThrowAway Ian Stevenson studied this topic extensively and released his findings. The study indicated that reincarnation is most likely true. If you google it, you can find more information.

@ThrowAway ask yourself: what is it that dies? what is it that is born? what are you right now? what is Reality made of?

don't let these questions die untill you've got it very clearly. it may take a few years.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

10 hours ago, ThrowAway said:

My guru told me the same thing........maybe I'll find out the answer in my next life ;)

"Die" now, there is no afterlife.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them