Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roman25

Are animals actually alive?

9 posts in this topic

This may sound like a joke but I have been doing some thinking. Whenever we think about ourselves we think that we are "alive." But whenever you ask a toddler if they are alive or not then they won't have a clue of what you're talking about. I feel that being alive is just an idea you get from your parents. When we think of life, we classify it as something that grows, reproduces, gains energy, (usually through food) and so on. But you can literally program a robot to do everything that a human can do. Perhaps you can even give them the idea that they are alive as well. So are we all just biological versions of robots that are programmed to think we are alive and different from rocks? And is the only thing that separates a non-living thing from a living thing is the idea that one thinks it's alive? I don't really mind if I am way off. Just curious.

Some say the personality is a massive collection of memories (data) stored in the brain (computer). 

If we could download all memories and place it into an android, would it be alive?

Alive/non-alive is a conceptual duality.

Animal/non-animal is a conceptual duality.

Robot/non-robot is a conceptual duality

Human/non-human is a conceptual duality.

Reality is nondual.

P.S. Whatever you are, the universe is. So if you can feel pain, the universe can feel pain. If you can get horny, the universe can get horny. If you can think, the universe can think. Etc. You = Universe

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Woahh... reality is pretty deep..

I'll definitely do more research on dualities since I'm very ignorant to what they are. I mean I know what they are but not that well.

I think it's very cool how deep a single comment goes.

“Life is a characteristic that distinguishes physical entities that have biological processes, such as signaling and self-sustainingprocesses, from those that do not, either because such functions have ceased (they have died), or because they never had such functions and are classified as inanimate.” From wiki

So, yes, animals are alive.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Alive/non-alive is a conceptual duality.

Animal/non-animal is a conceptual duality.

Robot/non-robot is a conceptual duality

Human/non-human is a conceptual duality.

Reality is nondual.

P.S. Whatever you are, the universe is.

So if you can feel pain, the universe can feel pain.

If you can get horny, the universe can get horny.

If you can think, the universe can think.

Etc. You = Universe

I am versed

Animals are part of the illusion as is the Egoic Self.  Yes, the illusion is real but there’s nothing behind the scenes.  There’s only one Awareness/Consciousness in reality.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor