Luna

Fear of being old and senile.

27 posts in this topic

My goal is not necessarily to live as long as possible, but to be maximally healthy and able-bodied at any age, physically and mentally. I am also very optimistic that much new technology and ancient wisdom can prevent, or reverse diseases of aging.

I'm not afraid of death itself, and the first world is becoming more accepting of compassionate suicide as an alternative to a slow and/or painful death. You've probably heard a recent news story of 104 year old man who went to the Netherlands to be euthanised, since he had declined so much he no longer enjoyed living. The best way to die would probably be in your sleep, but even if you have end-of-life care, you will be so high out of your mind on drugs you won't worry about anything.

@Brittany  I don't think "death" is a long way ahead. but being old and senile is.  a lot of people are commenting as if I'm scared of death but that's a whole another subject. I'm talking about not being able to take care of yourself because you're too old to. 

Edited by Luna

"becoming old" is not something you can do much about so acceptance is the key here. 

Becoming "senile" in terms of progressive Dementia such as Alzheimer's , there is a LOT you can do about. If you are interested, research this topic in more depth but there is a massive impact of diet an lifestyle such as heavy metal exposure and lack of proper nutrition. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

From my experience, I'm more energetic now in my 30's, than I was back then in my teens or 20's. 

Total relaxation is a life change. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

15 hours ago, Luna said:

I will look into it, thank you. 

I'd suggest you look into a work of professor Bredesen if you are interested. He has made some groundbreaking progress in Alzheimer's reversal mostly through optimised nutrition and lifestyle modifications. 

Attended a lecture of one of his followers ,couple weeks back and they do seem to have a lot of success with the treatment. Not progressive state though, once you are there, there is no way back ( at least not for now). 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 19.09.2018 at 11:28 AM, Michael569 said:

"becoming old" is not something you can do much about so acceptance is the key here. 

Does not apply to all of the human beings. There is a way to stop it. ;) 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.