Guest gilded_honour

Where can I buy books except Amazon?

8 posts in this topic

On Amazon they don't allow you to download a purchased book in pdf or epub. Are there any decent alternatives where I can buy them? 

With every thing we're learning about Amazon and how Bezos is treating its employees, I thought you wanted to boycott them with your title.

You can buy them on Amazon, load them into the Kindle desktop app and learn how to rip/convert the ebooks from their native .mobi kindle format to epub using software (look it up). There's not really any book retailer that rivals Amazon as far as so know. All you can do is look up the individual books to see if they're offered by their own publishers site or elsewhere. 

Edited by Arman

2 hours ago, Arman said:

You can buy them on Amazon, load them into the Kindle desktop app and learn how to rip/convert the ebooks from their native .mobi kindle format to epub using software (look it up). There's not really any book retailer that rivals Amazon as far as so know. All you can do is look up the individual books to see if they're offered by their own publishers site or elsewhere. 

Where can I buy books except Amazon?

Scribd is a very good subscribption based service, you pay like 10$ bucks per month and get access to like 80% of books in the booklist, many of them have audiobooks

If you sail the high seas there is no obstacle too great, no law too powerful to overcome, take what you can and give nothing back.So go out and find the One Piece. ;)