Shadowraix

To change the world or not to change the world?

9 posts in this topic

This is a very difficult thing I am currently working through. Say somebody is blinded by societal conditioning. I may get frustrated because it seems so obvious to me. They may be perpetuating their own suffering and then I wish to break them through the illusion? Should I? The fact I even ask such a should shows I must be off track. I may develop a goal for the world to be whether its to move up a stage or whatever, but that isn't inherently evident others should follow my goal or that I should put any effort into what other people see to align with what I see. Is it a trap for me to get people to conform to me for a sense of belonging? I go on YouTube and see a dumb comment and I may write a in depth reply as I calm down my emotions to give my point of view but I always question why I do it. I quit a lot of social media like Facebook so I could explicitly stop getting frustrated on what other people say. I could think my sharing of ideas might give something to make people happier or it may just serve to frustrate me in a endless battle typically of being attacked and lashed out at.

Then I think of the the intelligence that is imbued in everything. Everything is as intended. In this present moment my post, you reading, my thoughts, their thoughts, nothing is ever unintentional. Including my replies and sharing of information of others, and so are others attack on me.

This inherent nature of should, should not, good, bad etc being all some construct can often leave me feeling groundless. It ultimately comes from a big conflict in either me prioritizing my own development and growth to if I should give no, some, equal, or more consideration for the well being on others and when would be most suitable to just let it be. I see when things are counter intuitive to what people want, or they perpetuate their own suffering and it causes me a great deal of pain. Do I really want their well being or just to remedy my own pain? I think I feel a deep sense of care for others (which is funny because its ultimately me caring about myself and changing myself but I digress) 

I'm kind of rambling at this point about my own conflict of interests in often what I wish and if those wishes are deceiving me and/or if I should even give it time of day at all. This is excluding those who come and seek what I have to offer to them but more about replying to a comment or some statement in which interjection is allowed but is not requested of me directly.

53 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

You change the world in everyday actions, everything you do impact the "whole". 

Correct even the most minute details. But I am talking more in the perspective of the ideas humans follow or practice and the expression of those ideas to expose it to other people. When we share ideas it is often so other people can see our view because say one might think their ideas is a better way of living. Being enlightened vs being a blind cog in the wheel (Yes I am aware of the illusory dualism of that vs)

Enlightened or stage green,blue, turquoise is just another stage. It can improve on the problems of the previous if you say its a problem which has to have some defined clear goal which can differ among others. People like me who are fairly early in this kind of work may feel frustration to those who don't see the more subtle manipulation of society, yet there is no should not to them being blinded by it but nor is there a should. So it can cause a fundamental conflict on if one would put any effort into showing others this path or just to let people do how they do.

Its a conflict of interest. One can share ideas for very counter intuitive reasons in this path like trying to force those to belong with you. Or projecting your ideas of a better life on those already satisfied. I'm really having trouble conveying this dilemma

5 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

This is a very difficult thing I am currently working through. Say somebody is blinded by societal conditioning. I may get frustrated because it seems so obvious to me. They may be perpetuating their own suffering and then I wish to break them through the illusion? Should I? The fact I even ask such a should shows I must be off track. I may develop a goal for the world to be whether its to move up a stage or whatever, but that isn't inherently evident others should follow my goal or that I should put any effort into what other people see to align with what I see. Is it a trap for me to get people to conform to me for a sense of belonging? I go on YouTube and see a dumb comment and I may write a in depth reply as I calm down my emotions to give my point of view but I always question why I do it. I quit a lot of social media like Facebook so I could explicitly stop getting frustrated on what other people say. I could think my sharing of ideas might give something to make people happier or it may just serve to frustrate me in a endless battle typically of being attacked and lashed out at.

Then I think of the the intelligence that is imbued in everything. Everything is as intended. In this present moment my post, you reading, my thoughts, their thoughts, nothing is ever unintentional. Including my replies and sharing of information of others, and so are others attack on me.

This inherent nature of should, should not, good, bad etc being all some construct can often leave me feeling groundless. It ultimately comes from a big conflict in either me prioritizing my own development and growth to if I should give no, some, equal, or more consideration for the well being on others and when would be most suitable to just let it be. I see when things are counter intuitive to what people want, or they perpetuate their own suffering and it causes me a great deal of pain. Do I really want their well being or just to remedy my own pain? I think I feel a deep sense of care for others (which is funny because its ultimately me caring about myself and changing myself but I digress) 

I'm kind of rambling at this point about my own conflict of interests in often what I wish and if those wishes are deceiving me and/or if I should even give it time of day at all. This is excluding those who come and seek what I have to offer to them but more about replying to a comment or some statement in which interjection is allowed but is not requested of me directly.

There's something very familiar in your inner questioning if you should try and help, its close to one I went through for a few years of my life (hell I still go into it to a degree).  And while I don't have a specific answer to your dilemma something does pop out about your comments.  You seem to have a lot of frustration about other peoples conditioning and react to "dumb" (What is dumb anyways) comments.  Perhaps its a good opportunity to inquire into this and learn something about yourself and maybe grow as an individual so your not suffering so much as a result of other peoples comments or your own view on their opinions. 

I will say this though to your question, you don't "need" to comment or interject if not asked directly, but you have a right to if you want, and if your heart is well intended then why not and learn from the interaction.

Societal rules are so fun to play around with. 

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

By changing yourself, you are changing the world. Those with the greatest impact aren't meddling in public affairs or going out trying to "help people" but expressing their truth and leading by example. 

8 hours ago, Mu_ said:

There's something very familiar in your inner questioning if you should try and help, its close to one I went through for a few years of my life (hell I still go into it to a degree).  And while I don't have a specific answer to your dilemma something does pop out about your comments.  You seem to have a lot of frustration about other peoples conditioning and react to "dumb" (What is dumb anyways) comments.  Perhaps its a good opportunity to inquire into this and learn something about yourself and maybe grow as an individual so your not suffering so much as a result of other peoples comments or your own view on their opinions. 

I will say this though to your question, you don't "need" to comment or interject if not asked directly, but you have a right to if you want, and if your heart is well intended then why not and learn from the interaction.

I know dumb is a very subjective thing. Ultimately I am trying to refer to aggressively defensive, hypocritical, and any kind of fallacious logic. I had a conversation with my grandmother who perpetuates her own suffering by saying "thats just who/how I am" and I tried explaining this most likely not who she is and is just a following of cultural programming and her restricting her own thinking and self change by just accepting shes static. A self limiting belief. My responses to her excuses like "I am happy this way" (Happy to cause yourself suffering?) "Can't teach an old dog tricks" (Self limiting belief) etc etc seems to stump her but ultimately ends up not getting her to really think about what she is doing.

The constant justification perpetuating your own stress and problems seems to be obvious to me and not for others. I give solutions and answers but they don't truly take in and think about what I am offering. That was significant frustration and I knew I can't make them change nor is there any fact she "should" change. Its like watching a person in an abusive relationship that fails to see the abusiveness in it.

2 hours ago, XYZ said:

By changing yourself, you are changing the world. Those with the greatest impact aren't meddling in public affairs or going out trying to "help people" but expressing their truth and leading by example. 

Good points. Those might be significant points of change, but I do see potential in being successful in helping individuals lives and that changing their lives which can change others lives. One small change chaining into a bigger change. I'd like to be expressive on my own YT channel so that those who can see value/benefit in what I say seek it out for themselves. My structured speech is pretty poor though and I am working on it. Being expressive always has some sacrifice and ultimately a big dilemma comes from realizing there is no should or should not, so then it comes down to do I put in the effort or just let it be. There are pros and cons to both sides.

8 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

I know dumb is a very subjective thing. Ultimately I am trying to refer to aggressively defensive, hypocritical, and any kind of fallacious logic. I had a conversation with my grandmother who perpetuates her own suffering by saying "thats just who/how I am" and I tried explaining this most likely not who she is and is just a following of cultural programming and her restricting her own thinking and self change by just accepting shes static. A self limiting belief. My responses to her excuses like "I am happy this way" (Happy to cause yourself suffering?) "Can't teach an old dog tricks" (Self limiting belief) etc etc seems to stump her but ultimately ends up not getting her to really think about what she is doing.

The constant justification perpetuating your own stress and problems seems to be obvious to me and not for others. I give solutions and answers but they don't truly take in and think about what I am offering. That was significant frustration and I knew I can't make them change nor is there any fact she "should" change. Its like watching a person in an abusive relationship that fails to see the abusiveness in it.

People are pretty fixed in their ways in general, the best thing you can do is embrace everyone from where there at in the best way you know how.  For me I understand people all come from particular families, perhaps from different global regions, are raised with different value systems, have inherited particular historical tendencies and these drive this person forward and make most of their choices for them.  We are all human and the more you look into yourself you see that you just dont really know how things are actually working and at the same time you realize you are so much the same as others.   Hopefully this can lead you to being more understanding, less reactive and more compassion to your family and those you encounter.  Its like yelling at a plant for growing up towards the sky and being green, it doesn't appear to have much choice.

Edited by Mu_

Why not ground yourself in some personal rules to get past the frustration and allow yourself to grow? Here are some of mine:

Lead by example not by instruction.

Don't present a gift, if the receiver is not ready for it.

If a person's actions make you 'feel' a certain way, that tells you more about yourself than it does about them.

Change yourself first before you decide to change the world. 

Let the world get on with it, it's big enough and ugly enough to carry on all by itself.

All stories and explanations are false.