littleBIG

What defines a successful journey?

9 posts in this topic

I'm extremely paralyzed by fear of failing to the point where I can't move forward. I realized I focus too much on the end goal, if I don't get it, I've failed. I only have one life and one chance, therefore if I don't achieve what I wanted in the end, I've failed my entire life. However, I think life should be more about the journey and not the end result. I only have direct control over the present moment and not the end anyway. What do you think would define a successful journey? How would you still succeed despite not achieving what you wanted in the end?

3 minutes ago, littleBIG said:

What defines a successful journey?

living with gratitude everyday and dying with a sincere smile

unborn Truth

Don’t give yourself the option to fail. Commit that no matter what it takes, you will find what you’re looking for. Regardless of who or what tries to stop you, you keep going. 

“A man is only defeated once he abandons himself”

7 hours ago, littleBIG said:

What do you think would define a successful journey? How would you still succeed despite not achieving what you wanted in the end?

I don't think it's possible to have an unsuccessful journey. Whatever you experience is what you were meant to experience, good or bad.

That being said, I think what it makes it enjoyable for me is constantly challenging myself. Constantly learning. And making the choice to "be the light" wherever you go.

The secret to a successful journey is journalling. Straight up. Just look at the words - they are twin brothers!

If you journal your whole life's worth of experiences, you will become conscious of the fact that your life is just one big fictional story. Good thing happens? Story. Bad thing happens? Story. Same same. 

@littleBIG There’s no journey, no past (that’s repetition of thoughts, a conditioned mind) and there’s no future (that’s repetition of thoughts, a conditioned mind). Without time, no journey, just now. Cut the shit, sit down, ask why you’re spending now “paralyzed with fear”. See how it is this is self imposed. Don’t push through, don’t suffer through, don’t think that is how it is supposed to be, and some accomplishment or obtaining of a future endeavor will make you feel better. It will not. It will still be now. Don’t wait till it gets so bad. Root out the fear now. See how this serious view is the set up, to the punchline of realizing, you have been saying it’s serious, not the meaningless objects, just maya. 

What you want is wholeness, “aliveness”, vibrancy, JOY.

You ARE that.

But there are beliefs being held, added, that “block that” - “cover it up”.

Identified as other than that, as a brain body, and that is perpetuating the brain’s attempt to resolve this “problem”, with THOUGHTS like, “oh, but success will make me happy” “better be successful so I don’t have regrets in the future”. You have zero direct experience of “future”, and complete direct expereince of now. Obviously, put how you feel NOW, first. Stop that thing you want to stop doing, the thing which is wasteful of energy and focus. Start the thing that you already know is what you want to start. 

Chris Cornell, highly “successful” right? No.

Anthony Bordain, highly “successful”, right? No. 

Success is only, NOW, or not at all. Sit, Now, write down what you really want, Now. 

Sit down and breath from your stomach. Discover the paradox you are, in which silence asnwers all such questions.

UNTIL you feel some relief, some release. Not a second before. You think you have a lot to do. You’re gonna die. You do not have a lot to do. You have a lot you get to do. 

I know this guy really well, who sought relationship love to no peace, then he became a self made millionaire to no peace, then he ate unabashedly to no peace.

Then he sat. Until it dawned, “I am peace”. I bring peace to all things. 

He says he’s happier now, hollow & fulfilled, dead & alive, drunk in the unseen, peace relishing chaos. 

Living unconditionally, without conditions held in the mind of past regrets, or future worries. Free, Now.  Vibrant. In peace.

He is you. 

Love ya,

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 5.9.2018 at 6:20 PM, littleBIG said:

I'm extremely paralyzed by fear of failing to the point where I can't move forward. I realized I focus too much on the end goal, if I don't get it, I've failed. I only have one life and one chance, therefore if I don't achieve what I wanted in the end, I've failed my entire life. However, I think life should be more about the journey and not the end result. I only have direct control over the present moment and not the end anyway. What do you think would define a successful journey? How would you still succeed despite not achieving what you wanted in the end?

Fear is the opposite to Love.

To me a successful journey is one, where Love is defining your journey more so than Fear.

Learn to conquer your inner demons. They are an important part of your life, just as Love. Everywhere you look, existence will help you in your quest to conquer them.

You are right, the end result doesnt matter. Overcoming the Fear is what matters.

20 hours ago, Nahm said:

@littleBIG There’s no journey, no past (that’s repetition of thoughts, a conditioned mind) and there’s no future (that’s repetition of thoughts, a conditioned mind). Without time, no journey, just now. Cut the shit, sit down, ask why you’re spending now “paralyzed with fear”. See how it is this is self imposed. Don’t push through, don’t suffer through, don’t think that is how it is supposed to be, and some accomplishment or obtaining of a future endeavor will make you feel better. It will not. It will still be now. Don’t wait till it gets so bad. Root out the fear now. See how this serious view is the set up, to the punchline of realizing, you have been saying it’s serious, not the meaningless objects, just maya. 

What you want is wholeness, “aliveness”, vibrancy, JOY.

You ARE that.

But there are beliefs being held, added, that “block that” - “cover it up”.

Identified as other than that, as a brain body, and that is perpetuating the brain’s attempt to resolve this “problem”, with THOUGHTS like, “oh, but success will make me happy” “better be successful so I don’t have regrets in the future”. You have zero direct experience of “future”, and complete direct expereince of now. Obviously, put how you feel NOW, first. Stop that thing you want to stop doing, the thing which is wasteful of energy and focus. Start the thing that you already know is what you want to start. 

Chris Cornell, highly “successful” right? No.

Anthony Bordain, highly “successful”, right? No. 

Success is only, NOW, or not at all. Sit, Now, write down what you really want, Now. 

Sit down and breath from your stomach. Discover the paradox you are, in which silence asnwers all such questions.

UNTIL you feel some relief, some release. Not a second before. You think you have a lot to do. You’re gonna die. You do not have a lot to do. You have a lot you get to do. 

I know this guy really well, who sought relationship love to no peace, then he became a self made millionaire to no peace, then he ate unabashedly to no peace.

Then he sat. Until it dawned, “I am peace”. I bring peace to all things. 

He says he’s happier now, hollow & fulfilled, dead & alive, drunk in the unseen, peace relishing chaos. 

Living unconditionally, without conditions held in the mind of past regrets, or future worries. Free, Now.  Vibrant. In peace.

He is you. 

Love ya,

holy shit guy, this is so beautiful!!

:x:x:x

nothing but love

ṅ̼̫̩̪͍͖̗͓ͦͤ̈́̎̎̽ͬͯ͗̇ͅa̩̜̹̬͛̀͌̆ͨͤ̎̈́͒̓̃̽̏ͩ̇͊ͨm̭̩̺̗͚͍̬̟̳͙̖̭̥̗͙̮͌ͯ̂͋̈́̈ͮͬ͌͆͆a̲̜͚͚̜̥̮͈̣ͨ̉͐ͮ̌̉̉s̯̬̝̪̥̼̣̼̩͎̝̜ͯͫ͋ͥͫͧ̏̓ͬͯ́̌̌̋ͅͅṭ̗͉̹͖͖̹̙̯̲̙̦͛͂̆̎͛͛̀ͮ̈́͊̐ͯͣ̒͛̋ͯ̚e͖̭͚̟̘̠̘̱͍̰̋ͩ͌̿̍͂ͅͅ

- yawning gap

"embrace your inner pain. in hopelessness, you will find bliss. to be mindful all the time you need to have attention on the breath as second nature." - hellspeed