Cortex

Scary Experience During My Last Meditation Practice

19 posts in this topic

Yesterday when I was meditating in the evening, I started to feel a bit afraid, and then I saw something very scary in my vision, It will be very difficult to explain, so I was meditating and then I started to feel this great wave of fear, and then I saw myself as not sitting in my chair and meditating in my room, but as being on the stairs and going upstairs to my room but not as myself but some sort of entity, it only lasted for maybe 2 seconds, like some sort of a out of body jump scare, just quick and completely different, as if you had a nightmare and then woke up from it, but it was not a nightmare, because it was during a meditation, this shouldn't be so scary because it was only going upstairs on my stairs, but once I realise that I am not in my body but in some other body and I am going upstairs it became very very scary, maybe it was some sort of out of body experience, it felt like it, but it was only around 2 seconds 

I've had similar experiences when going super deep like meditating for days in a row at a silent retreat. I'm scared also to jump into whatever energy this is. I'm afraid this evil will consume me.

It's literally like you just said in terms of feeling 

@Cortex@Widdle Puppy  For a brief moment consciousness became liberated from the body/mind location. That is reality. Not consciousness being held captive at a body/mind location. That is illusion. Albeit a persistent one. The "ghost in the machine" that is.

Mikael89, you scared me even more, maybe I should stop this interests in this dark paranormal stuff :D

@cetus56 hi Cetus I think you would provide a wise detail... Is what Cortex talking about something related to what we call ghost powers... Why did he said that he was walking upstairs!!! might be he thinking of walking upstairs... Can’t it be??? ??

?IngitScooby ?

Mikael89, All right I think that you are truly right, for the past few days I've been fooling around with this stuff, like really, from now on I must stop this, even today weird stuff been going on, and now I feel like if I am truly fu*t, and I am not kidding, I am talking really seriously right now 

4 minutes ago, Ingit said:

Is what Cortex talking about something related to what we call ghost powers...

@Ingit Anytime you think your in a body your using "ghost powers". My ghost powers are hitting these keys now. 

No I am talking seriously right now, I literally swear that I am not kidding, I can't even meditate now properly because I start to feel fear and I feel this fear in me right now as I am typing this, I am literally afraid now to be alone at home after what is happening today, I wanted to play around with this stuff and for the last few day I've been doing this stuff, imagining it, faking it, practicing it, watching a lot of paranormal, and just everything that you can imagine for the last few days, and now I am really fuc*ed, I just wasn't taking it really seriously 

13 hours ago, Cortex said:

Yesterday when I was meditating in the evening, I started to feel a bit afraid, and then I saw something very scary in my vision, It will be very difficult to explain, so I was meditating and then I started to feel this great wave of fear, and then I saw myself as not sitting in my chair and meditating in my room, but as being on the stairs and going upstairs to my room but not as myself but some sort of entity, it only lasted for maybe 2 seconds, like some sort of a out of body jump scare, just quick and completely different, as if you had a nightmare and then woke up from it, but it was not a nightmare, because it was during a meditation, this shouldn't be so scary because it was only going upstairs on my stairs, but once I realise that I am not in my body but in some other body and I am going upstairs it became very very scary, maybe it was some sort of out of body experience, it felt like it, but it was only around 2 seconds 

How long have you been meditating  and how long do you meditate per session?

Buba, I am now meditating for over 4 months and always more than 20 minutes, I can meditate over an hour couple of times in a week, maybe I am more sensitive to this stuff because I meditate at that age that I have,I always when focusing on my body have interesting experiences, sometimes I cry because of beautiful visions, and I've also wrote about this that the more I meditate the more I lose track of time for example I was thinking that it was 25 minutes but it turns out that it was 45 minutes, that also means that I do it right they say, I also do yoga, I of course care a lot about my health etc, and I am very interested in this paranormal stuff, but last week I've been practicing this dark stuff, I've been always thinking about it, I've been faking it, I've been visualising it, I've been watching paranormal stuff, just everything dark that you can imagine, I wanted to see for the sake of my curiosity what will happen, and yesterday really really unusual stuff been happening in my house, and great vawe of fear was present within me and today I've had really dark dreams that I am running from I don't know what it was, and the best part is that I didn't woke up in my natural way today but because I've heard as someone is screaming my name, and no one was there to scream it 

@Cortex This is all a distraction. Enough with the woo-woo paranormal stuff and things that go bump in the night. 

Exactly, it's time to focus on a meditation, we will see what will happen next, but right know it got into pretty dark place 

18 minutes ago, Cortex said:

Exactly, it's time to focus on a meditation.

@Cortex Sweet!

So now you know not to mess around with paranormal things. Keep your eye on your I instead. ;)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

That's pretty good question, I understand of course that I am not my body etc, but understanding it and being it are two different things, today everything is all right, but I can't put in words what happened yesterday, but I think that I shouldn't be so afraid of paranormal anyway, it's still better than the physical pragmatic reality 

Exactly ! That's the point, you know what ? I will not stop my interest in this stuff, we will see what happens, I am so sick of this physical reality which only bounds me that I will try to break out of it no matter what, what can happend ? Maybe I will die, but death is one of the things which I want the most so that would be good, so really I am in no danger, I will not stop, fuck it, all the spirits in the world can have me, all of this experiences can just show me that there is something more than the physical reality 

But of course, my main focus in this spirituality game will be meditation as it always is, because this experiences can show me that there is something more, but not necessarily in a way that I want