XYZ

How to actually MAKE something?

7 posts in this topic

There is bountiful detailed information about how to start a business where you are working from a computer or providing a service to people in person, but very little in useful guides for how to turn your idea for a physical product into reality. I know I'm not the only one who thought about this, and maybe you can help point me in the right direction.

For some very specific examples, I've had the idea to make the perfect stress ball or squeeze toy. First, I imagined having something that looks just like the hand therapy ball pictured here, but it would be made of a soft and squishy material that is very comforting to squeeze in your hands. Seemed very possible that such a product could become like the new fidget spinner, the hottest hand-held comfort toy. I never did anything about this, since I don't know any materials scientists, feel totally lost as to how I would even test and develop the perfectly engineered rubber gel substance to use. 

More recently though, I came across these scented water beads by chance, and it suddenly occur to me that I could just use these instead, and have the exact type of feel I want for my product. So I actually bought some containers of water gel beads and balloons, and made a few prototypes. I was super impressed by the how good it felt to squeeze them between my hands, and in the first minutes of playing with it, thought I could just bring these prototypes to someplace willing to develop and fund the idea. However, every bead ball I made broke open sooner or later, even with the strongest water balloons that only pop if you stomp on the with both feet. I also saw online that these things are actually made as professional products. All dirt cheap and imported form China, I ordered a few last month and they are taking several weeks to arrive. In the reviews on Amazon, there are many complaints about them breaking open and making a huge mess, just as my balloon ones had. So I'd guess to make an effective product, this would also require engineering a durable outer shell material that won't ruin the feel of squeezing the gel beads.

So supposed you wanted to make some things like this, but have no experience, connections or capital to begin with? I know it would be easy to do if you actually worked at the creative department in a company like 3M or Staples. But I feel totally lost as to how to go about turning any product ideas I may have into real life creations, and also a source of income.

Decided to just share these ones openly since I know by now these ideas are not original, and I'd just keep sitting on them anyway. If someone who sees my post decides to take this and run with it, all the more power to you. All I would ask is detailed explanations of the entire process of starting a business and getting the product made and sold, so I can apply that to other things from my unending stream of creative ideas.

9879.jpg

5496.jpg

@XYZ The perfect stressball is a fantastic idea. I could totally see it taking off like the fidget spinners. Email people from websites who are already selling a handful of items online, ask for help & contact info. 

Here’s some info on producing a product from conception to sales. https://www.marthastewart.com/264329/how-to-get-your-product-made-finding-and

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You could probably pitch the idea to a smaller toy company to see if they'll bite. Think Dollar Tree and the brands you see there. Then, you'd have to come up with a catchy name and a gimmick that sets it aside from other stress balls. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Cheapest and easiet way to get you products done is contacting manufacturers on alibaba that do something very similar and simply asking about costs to create your product. I haven't made anything yet, but I am assisting in friends company so I have some experience with alibaba manufacturers, they will create anything you wan't as long there is something similar that they are already making. You can also create a business plan and look for investors, but I believe It's way easier to choose product from alibaba and customize It a you wan't.

About creating business? It simple yet not easy. Process is very simple.

You do market research, you figure out what is that people need, because there is no business without demand. Figure out your product, target group, check competitors, similar products. If after that you still believe It's great idea, create It, how is written above. After that register company which costs very little, create website (3000$ can make really decent one). Now work on marketing and sales, while focusing on maximum customer satisfaction. 

It's really that simple, you create value, you market It so demand is build and that's It, sell it for price that makes you profit and sustains your business, don't be lazy, If you have internet then you have access to every single piece of information needed to create multi billion company, It takes time, effort and discipline, that's what It takes to create business, no one is going to do It for you, read, learn and put into practice. I would suggest start with something small, don't create your own product If you don't even know how to set up a business. Take existing market and get in there, when you figure out how It works, then create your own product. 

@XYZ Just another thought, maybe a pack or set, of those little aroma therapy bottles with a stress ball? Neat Christmas item imo. Also, maybe words imporinted on the stress balls. Opposite of stress words, like ease, harmony, etc etc.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

mhhh fidget spinners? another product the world did not need... sorry to say that... production for the trash bin. really my „favorite“ products.

couldn‘t you at least choose a sustainable material? - maybe you could wash your dishes with the stressball afterwards... if it cracks anyways.

Edited by now is forever

Would that be something like squishies? They have been extremely trendy among children not so long ago.