StardewValley

Strong anger towards meat-eaters

31 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Feel Good said:

@CreamCat @sgn this isn't an excersise in what is right. It's an excersise so you can see for yourself how invested in your mind you are. 

Only you can feel the degree of identification you have with ideas. 

Suffering bad, huh? 

(yes I will shut up after this post (probably) of respect to OP because it's derailing)

You gave an opinion. And I gave another opinion on what you wrote.
If I see someone write something I think isn't true then I challenge it.
It's a discussion forum. Others read this also and it could benefit them if they get to read several perspectives.

Lol @ the passive-aggressiveness in the end there.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@Feel Good Stop spamming.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

Update: I did a journal contemplation session with the question "Why am I angry at meat eaters?" The conclusion I reached, although conclusions are always changeable, was a bit disturbing. Please read at your own discretion; this might trigger depressed people. 

I associate helping the animals with my own spiritual liberation. I took it upon myself (consciously or subconsciously) to make my life purpose to stop the slaughterhouses. So, my self-worth is connected to how well I am at stopping slaughterhouses. My self-worth comes from how much sex I get. Since I'm unsuccessful at stopping slaughterhouses, I'm being denied sex. Sex is liberation in my mind, because if I can't even have it then how will I ever break from my earthly body? Sex is a milestone towards being liberated that I'm not reaching. Therefore, every time someone refuses to stop eating meat, they are keeping me stuck in my earthly body. I feel pain in this body, even right now as I type this in the form of depression and anxiety, and I want the pain to stop. My first answer to the question that I based this contemplation session around was that I am angry at meat eaters because they support torturing animals. My conclusion is that I'm angry at meat eaters because they're torturing me by keeping me in this earthly body. 

I was wondering whether I should have posted this thread in this general section of the forum or in the serious emotional problems section. I feel that I made the right choice in posting it here, but that I should move to the latter soon in future posts.

Edit: I don't think one contemplation session is enough to get to the bottom of this. I reject my conclusions already.

Edited by StardewValley

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

Is it possible that you’re treating yourself poorly and you’re projecting this frustration out externally so you don’t have to focus on yourself?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

16 hours ago, sgn said:

@StardewValley I know, I know :(
It's a tough awakening.

People wonder why some vegans are angry.
I think it's basically because one realizes that it's so much cruelty to animals in so many ways in these industries and almost everyone supports it.
Even thou the majority of people would say they are against animal cruelty and that they are animal lovers.
You wake up and see this hypocrisy and ignorance everywhere.
Even in family and friends.
It becomes so clear that every excuse is just a selfish way of defending animal cruelty.
Vegans want to end this cruelty, and they are called the crazy ones :(
I can understand that people don't like aggressive and militant vegans and I don't think that's the right approach. But I can't blame people who act that way. They're just passionate.

Her book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DHK9P5K/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i0

She is a great example of advanvced Green. Perhaps transitioning into Yellow. 

@StardewValley

Wut?

LOL It's a fucking fish. :) 

I understand if that moron confronted workers at a slaughter house giving pigs electric shocks and torture. 

But a fucking fish????

Hahahahahahaha

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

18 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

She is a great example of advanvced Green. Perhaps transitioning into Yellow. 

It doesn't say me much because I haven't studied spiral dynamics anything yet :)

@StardewValley

I share your opinions, I love animals to such a degree that I was once mad at a friend that chased away a little bird from our table when we was eating at a street restaurant, that little bird was cute and brave I thought. :) 

Always when I see clips from slaughterhouses I go mad. I become filled with hate. And of course I don't eat meat myself (other then fishes) 

Why don't you prove your point with a better video, these sjw's were totally crazy attacking peaceful fishermen. Those activists had no compassion or decent behaviour what so ever, they love confrontations more then they hate animal killers. 

Even Jesus was a fisherman who loved fishes. 

Why didn't you pick a slaughterhouse video instead? Are you nuts? :)   

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@Joseph Maynor You mean that when I'm mad for people treating animals poorly, I'm actually mad at myself for treating myself poorly? I'm not sure. Maybe more contemplation will give me more clarity.

@MarkusSweden The fish video felt right in the moment. I made this post a few minutes after discovering it on the Green examples mega-thread. I could relate to it because I hand out vegan fliers so I get faced with cold rejection a lot. I could relate to the coldness of those two men who clearly want nothing to do with the vegans in the video (whom I view as myself) and probably just brush them/me off as idiots. 

I also disagree with the vegans' method of yelling at the fishermen. I'd love to yell at them too but it probably makes them even less likely to convert their beliefs.

Edited by StardewValley
grammar

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

:/

Edited by sgn

@Serotoninluv I think this might be my problem, that my mind is okay with meat-eaters but my body is very much not okay with them. I understand that people have their own perspectives that are not their fault, but my body still gets angry.

@exhale Yeah I agree with this method, of approaching people in a non-confrontational away where both of our opinions are respected, and of leading them to their own conclusions about animal rights. I disagree with the method that the vegans in the video used, but I still used the video because of how cold the fishermen responded. This is how I do activism; I stay relaxed with my fliers and let people ask me questions if they want. I try not to force my opinions on them. I know that if I try to force opinions on them, then it will push them away. It's annoying that I have to hold back my anger, because from my point of view people are letting animals suffer if they don't convert, but I have to hold it back to actual keep people open to my words.

@sgn Yeah, the way she described it in the video (vystopia) is good.