SMI

What Book Are You Reading?

13 posts in this topic

I am reading "The Believing Brain" by Michael Shermer. Michael Shermer upends the traditional thinking about how humans form beliefs about the world. Simply put, beliefs come first and explanations for beliefs follow. The brain, Shermer argues "is a belief engine". 

Very interesting, I have to have a read of that after I get done reading "The Road Less Traveled" and "The Power of Now". You probably heard of the road less traveled. I heard about this book through Leo.

I am reading the Biography of Steve Jobs and Autobiography Of A Yogi by Yogananda. And I have some books of Kabbalah waiting to be read soon.

Edited: I forgot to mention Ouspensky "The Fourth Way"

:P

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

"The Book of Not Knowing" by Peter Ralston

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

2 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

"The Book of Not Knowing" by Peter Ralston

That book is a monster. I couldn't get through it. The writing style is not really a page turner for me.

I'm reading Lolita by Nabokov. I never read it and I love the Kubrick movie so why not :)

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Today I finished biography of Elon Musk, great book - a lot of inspiration and proof that hard work, persistence and confidence is the key for massive success. I'm also reading Mastery by George Leonard and today I will begin Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl.

The story of my experiments with the truth by M.K. Gandhi. It's an autobiography written with utmost honesty and simplicity.  

“ Service can have no meaning unless one takes pleasure in it. When it is done for show or for fear of public opinion, it stunts the man and crushes his spirit. Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served.” - The story of my experiments with the truth.

Uh i really got excited about the titles here. They sound great.

I have the bad habit of starting a few books and reading them simultaneously from time to time, so the books i'm on right now are:

"I thought it was just me, but it isn't" - Brene Brown

" Emotional intelligence" - Daniel Goleman

"The road less traveled" - Scott Peck

Just finished "I AM THAT" by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj. 

I have three books to read now and they are:

"The Highly Sensitive Person" -Elanie N. Aron

"Consciousness Speaks" -Ramesh S. Balsekar

"Autobiography of a Yogi" -Pramahansa Yogananda

I would really recomend "The Books of Not Knowing" by Peter Ralston. It blows my mind and I will probably read it two more times because you can't really understand the depth of it in just one read and a little bit of self-inquiry and meditation. :)

Hallå