Alexop

23 and confused

10 posts in this topic

My big dream was always to become a lifecoach and teach people through YouTube videos and skype one on one while traveling the world. But just for about two years I got confident enough to believe I can really do that (during my late teenage years and early teens I had super powerful social anxiety and wasn`t even able to order a pizza without being awkward). Now that I finished college, I want to direct my life towards accomplishing my purpose.

My question is: Do I really need to take a certified lifecoach course in order to be able to make my own internet business and teach people on skype legally? I will never be able to afford the 10.000 $ or so lifecoach course that Leo attended because I live in Romania at the moment, a pretty corrupt eastern european country. 

What are the legal requirements for creating a such business?

I saved around 5500 $ while I worked in Sweden and I really want to use these money wisely. Thank you!

Edited by Alexop

I'm pretty sure most youtube "life-coaches" have no licences. Just make youtube channel and monetize It (or create business acount, not sure about this) in order to receive money, you don't need to have license, It just makes you more legitimate. Most youtubers who do this have no licences and they are not doing It as a counselors, just regular guys/girls with a lot of knowledge sharing It.

There are no legal requirements.

That was never the point of the training program.

How you gonna coach someone without training?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Alexop

The Truth is that it is hard to get paid by delivering soft skills and advice. Most of the coaches I watch needed a minimum of 1 year to accomplish some money.. and they prepared years. Be aware..

So if you want it really bad I suggest you make a website (or a profile) and find interested people on reddit and coach them for free on skype. This'll give you a base

Thank you all! I am watching your stuff Leo for about 4 years, and also other coaches + many books. But yes, I still need to know the basics of how to coach a person.

@Alexop I know this isn't specifically a life-coaching course, but Precision Nutrition is one of the best resources I've ever seen on how to be a good coach. They focus specifically on nutrition science (important for life-coaching as well), but the amazing part about it is all the psychological and process-oriented advice they give on how to coach someone effectively at their level of change. Amazing information.

Also, read the spiral dynamics book if you haven't yet. Their advice on helping others, whether using their model or not, is priceless.

Would love updates on your life-coaching business!

@Alexop

I do coaching as well, so this is a question I’ve asked myself a lot.

You don’t need to get certified. There’s no technical laws on this. But you do need to know what you’re doing and be able to prove that to people, especially since you have your age working against you.

Certification is just an easy way to get training and access to experienced coaches who can mentor you. If you can find some other means of accomplishing that goal, go for it.

You also don’t have to spend 10k on iPEC. Lots of good programs that will run more in the 3-6k range. Some even less than that. 

Send me a DM and I can help you more.

Hi @Alexop You don't need a certification, but having one will provide 'social proof' your potential clients see so they see your 'legitimacy'. There are free life coaching courses that have certification upon completion of the course (for a fee). I found one that costs around US$150 for a certificate.

If you want to build an online life coaching business, maybe the legal requirement is a disclaimer that you're not a certified professional, expert, or therapist, and that you're sharing your knowledge for educational purposes.

Cheers.

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

Well, I am passionate about personal development as a whole. Just coaching people on how to have a great life as a whole and pointing them the way to the next stage of spiral dynamics. As I finished physical therapy I can also give advice about how to take care of your body + nutrition, I am making progress on my nutrition habits and knowledge for some years now. But I still have something that fucks up my confidence. I did not have a serious relationship until now, just some attempts that failed because of distance or because my standards were too high, it is quite hard to meet a quality girl in Romania around my age. But just saying, the best advice on how to raise children I heard from a person who does not have children. Also I see people who had many relationships but do not understand shit about the human relationships dynamics.

Edited by Alexop