non_nothing

It makes no sense to earn money/make a living

23 posts in this topic

But I can't let go of guilt and labeling myself as poor-fuck. I work as a part-time staff at a corporate technology company where they make softwares for companies. 

It's like i get the minimum salary and since I have no family, living /w parents, It's perfectly fine with me at the moment. Even though I carry debts around months.

After having myself doing meditation for everyday almost 1+ years, It's feels like nothing. No point in life. Rather there can't you define what's a the point asides life.

There's also this feeling of getting lot's of money and dollars for sure, why not? fun right, like enabled god-mode. Go buy everything. Get money get bitches. But I can't put it somewhere that around nothing which I find it hard to explain. You might say a purpose. But I even find no point in purpose. Purpose feels like delusion to me.

Is it laziness or awareness?

It feels like I'd be perfectly fine if I die or live. Can't make the distinction. Yeah It might painful maybe I didn't yet experienced death but yeah.

What do you think about my thoughts? Share what do you think. Do you think there's something needs fix? IF so explain. Thanks.

Edited by non_nothing

@non_nothing i don't understand how you carry debts living with your parents. are you addicted to consumerism?

anyway... what do you want to offer to the world?

unborn Truth

@ajasatya It's not huge debt but still would equivalent of my half of salary. 

I have no idea what I want to offer to the world. I have computer scientist skills, musician skills, doing some digital music too but I don't really sure whether these all I should put myself to make a living. It's kind of hard to explain what's going on inside my head.

Life itself makes no sense if you think about it.

Life is just a short period of time that you stop experience NOTHING - which is EVERYTHING... to experience a tiny bit of time of such few stuff.

But again, isn't that beautiful? you gave up EVERYTHING for this.

Living in society, having duties and rights, earn money, build a life, even bring in more life into existence if you intend to have children and so on.

Every ego is an universe itself, when you let go, a whole universe will vanish.

If a universe is uncomprehensive .. try thinking smaller.

Do you want to be a SUN or a Black Hole?

Sun gives its energy for NOTHING in return, and because of that there is Life in some planets

Black holes are bigger and stronger but they just harvest energy giving almost nothing back

But BOTH are needed, our galaxy would never exist if it wasn't for a big black hole in the center of it.

You are here to learn to love black holes and suns, "good" and "evil"

28 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

Is it laziness or awareness?

@non_nothing Laziness is when you should do it, but for some reason - don't.
Awareness is the freedom to do it, or not to do it and it doesn't matter which you choose.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@non_nothing Does it matter which definition you choose? Can you really make such a choice honestly?

59 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

It feels like I'd be perfectly fine if I die or live. Can't make the distinction. Yeah It might painful maybe I didn't yet experienced death but yeah.

The question is: did your lack of willingness and unwillingness stop you from earning money? No.
When there is no difference between earning and not earning - there is also no reason to stop doing it.
Did it make you want to kill yourself? No. When there is no difference between life and death there is no drive towards self-destruction.
Sounds like liberation to me.

Now, the question is: is there a difference between living a meaningful life and meaningless life?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki

Now, the question is: is there a difference between living a meaningful life and meaningless life?

Wow yes there's none. I guess I get the point. I lack the power of "choosing"

Edited by non_nothing

@non_nothing Name one thing that makes a difference to you.

2 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@non_nothing Name one thing that makes a difference to you.

There's none when you think about death. Either way you die. Meaningful life sounds like you did accomplish what you want to do in life.

4 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

There's none when you think about death. Either way you die. Meaningful life sounds like you did accomplish what you want to do in life.

@non_nothing  Read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_wei

If, there is no difference between winning and losing - do you really do anything?
There is action, but is there will? Is the action really attributable to you, or are you just an observer of whatever happens?

Being different

How much difference between yes and no?
What difference between good and bad?

What the people fear must be feared.
O desolation!
Not yet, not yet has it reached its limit!

Everybody’s cheerful,
cheerful as if at a party,
or climbing a tower in springtime.
And here I sit unmoved,
clueless, like a child,
a baby too young to smile.

Forlorn, forlorn.
Like a homeless person.
Most people have plenty.
I’m the one that’s poor,
a fool right through.

Ignorant, ignorant.
Most people are so bright.
I’m the one that’s dull.
Most people are so keen.
I don’t have the answers.
Oh, I’m desolate, at sea, adrift,
without harbor.

Everybody has something to do.
I’m the clumsy one, out of place.
I’m the different one,
for my food
is the milk of the mother.

https://astudygroup.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/lao-tzu_-tao-te-ching_-a-book-a-ursula-k-le-guin.pdf

22 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

I lack the power of "choosing"

@non_nothing  Hahaha, you call that a power?

1 hour ago, non_nothing said:

I have no idea what I want to offer to the world.

then think differently. what are the greatest problems that you see around you?

hunger? desertification? dependence on fossil fuel? inefficient transportation?

list what you can perceive and then think how your current skills (and the skills you'd be open to learn) can help. it doesn't have to be something BIG. doing small things is also very important.

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, non_nothing said:

It makes no sense to earn money

One should have money, earn money and use it. Money is necessary for survival,it is helpful in spiritual growth, if it is not possessed, if you don’t become obsessed with it. We shouldn’t identify ourselves with worldly riches, but rather to use them as means to develop intellectually, spiritually. 

Swami Vivekananda said before he visited America, “that I am going to the West – for the people and the poor.” and “I traveled all over India. But, alas, it was agony to me, my brothers, to see with my own eyes the terrible poverty of the masses, and I could not restrain my tears. It is now my firm conviction that to preach religion among them, without first trying to remove their poverty and suffering, is futile. It is for this reason – to find means for the salvation of the poor of India – that I am going to America.”

Our mental, physical and spiritual growth becomes unnecessarily difficult in financial hardships.

2 hours ago, ajasatya said:

then think differently. what are the greatest problems that you see around you?

hunger? desertification? dependence on fossil fuel? inefficient transportation?

list what you can perceive and then think how your current skills (and the skills you'd be open to learn) can help. it doesn't have to be something BIG. doing small things is also very important.

@ajasatya To be honest, there're certainly ways to transcendent the humanity. But after a lot spiritual work and non-dualism thing, I see no problems. It's just life. But I get what you mean totally. When I put myself to that, I can find one or two things that I could contribute to humanity.

You gotta find your Life Purpose.  Do Leo’s Life Purpose Course, it’s a good one.  And even after you find your Life Purpose, that’s just the tip of the iceberg.  You’re gonna spend the rest of your life implementing your Life Purpose.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It's very important to figure out how you are going to offer value to the world.

Your mistake is thinking of this as "work" or "making money". That's super shallow. You need to think of it as: "What is my art? What do I want to contribute to mankind?" The money follows from your passion.

You will have to make a living in the world no matter what, so might as well do it on your terms.

I make a living by doing what I love most. This was by deep design, not luck.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@non_nothing Anyone, at any given time, has something they will enjoy doing. I have an idea that you are apathetic, which is different than awareness, and shouldn't really be called laziness either. I'd recommend taking a close look at yourself and the position and feeling of your body.

• Do you naturally take on good posture?
  • Do you have enough energy?
  • Do you think clearly?
  • Do you love living?
  • Are you bored?
  • If you close your eyes and reflect upon the feeling of the inside of your body, particularly in the chest area, what kind of imagery comes up? What form and qualia does the inside of your body have in your mind's eye? You might visualize a sun inside your chest, or a piece of rock, or a deep hole, whatever. Investigate this form in detail, imagining you are using all 5 senses, plus observing what thoughts are there. The more awareness you give, the more detail you'll get. You can also ask it questions. Information and personality might be there that surprises you.

@Leo Gura I remember you quit game design which was your dream, so once you've believed that was your purpose, was it? So what or when was the point so clear that made you have it distinct on your path?

@Firmament Very good, I really like your post. even with a few minutes of contemplation on your recommendations, I've get some points. I'll have a meditative session for that.

On 8/13/2018 at 6:05 PM, Mikael89 said:

society is designed on purpose to prevent people from getting enlightened.

Life itself is designed on purpose to prevent people from getting enlightened