kieranperez

Why did you start meditating?

30 posts in this topic

Just now, cirkussmile said:

Meditation is beyond psychedelics.

Meditation is key to real peace and happiness. 

This isn't about asserting opinions on psychedelics and your opinions on how to find peace and happiness. The topic is on why you started meditating. 

9 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

This isn't about asserting opinions on psychedelics and your opinions on how to find peace and happiness. The topic is on why you started meditating. 

My friend. You didn’t understand. That is my reason. 

Key QuestionIf you went back to your "prior self" (I say that only for illustrative purposes. Not making metaphysical claims or assumptions) to the time when you first sat down to meditate and you visualized yourself being back in that time at that moment, what exactly were you looking for? You were motivated by something because you wouldn't be sitting there if you weren't motivated to move towards or away from something. Did somebody tell you something about meditation that sounded like it would be worth doing? What was that? 

@cirkussmile that is still just a claim. I'm glad you were able to find peace and happiness by learning meditation and sticking to it. However, that isn't a brute fact. Nobody goes into meditation or any new endeavor TRULY knowing what they're in for. 

Glad you got results though. 

8 hours ago, kieranperez said:

@cirkussmile that is still just a claim. I'm glad you were able to find peace and happiness by learning meditation and sticking to it. However, that isn't a brute fact. Nobody goes into meditation or any new endeavor TRULY knowing what they're in for. 

Glad you got results though. 

Are you interested or not? 

Its not just a claim! 

since my 16's i've always had this mysterious urge to seek meditation practices whenever hard times would come. then once i got hit by a huge wave of suffering so i went really deep into the zen tradition.

unborn Truth

I've struggled with ocd and anxiety since I was young, so for a while I was attracted to things that I thought could improve me. But if I remember correctly I wasn't overly anxious when I started meditating, it was just a chain reaction of events, so I tried mushrooms for the first time which really opened my eyes about everything and then I randomly got sent a sadhguru video and then I got in to Eckhart tolle, read power of now etc. 

I started meditating with a sadhguru guided meditation (which I'm trying again now), but yeah I never really planned any of it, it just kind of happened. It's funny a few years before this I read a book by Russell Simmons called super rich, which at the time I hated cos I was materially trying to be rich but he was talking about all this you're rich already stuff, I felt misled ?. But some seed must've stuck with me because I was very open when all this other stuff happened. 

I started meditating when I moved to work on a tropical resort island, because Leo kept telling me not to just watch his videos but to actually do the practices. Pretty crazy shit actually, because it made me see that I was living on the 'pinnacle' of the stage Orange lifestyle. I was serving families there who had saved up for 4 years in their shitty jobs just to spend one week on this resort island! When the customer at the table told me this I was like "Bro that's fucked up man" and my manager had to have a word with me lol. 

Actually one time I had just come down from a mushroom trip in the wild bush part of the island, and then I walked into the main resort area and my mind was literally fucking blown. There were guys with giant scissors trimming the fucking palm trees! I was looking around for the glass casing around the island - thinking it was one of those little models they build to have mini trains circle around. Herds of people were just chilling there sipping their pina coladas in "paradise", telling each other how good their lives were. Lol! I was laughing and crying at the same time. This place was a hive on unconsciousness. Quite a unique place to start my self actualization / spiritual journey actually!

Meditation was my key to transcend this nonsense that I was seeing around me. 

Edited by St Clair