Thetruthseeker

Video link - vegetables are poison?!

12 posts in this topic

Found this and thought it was interesting and a bit odd. I’ve been following Leo’s advice and trying to eat more veg and this video just contradicts everything

thoughts? 

15 hours ago, Slade said:

@Thetruthseeker  check out sv3rige on YouTube... 

Lol

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

Direct experience is your teacher.

Scientifically, and in the ancient traditions of Aryuveda and Chinese medicine (which are over 5000 years old) in general the human body thrives more so eating a whole food, plant based, seasonal, organic diet. 

Bless your food, thank the Earth for it, and go to your local farmers market or grow your own :) It’s fun, and you can meet new people who are into eating healthy and spirituality. 

If you have a serious spiritual practice you will naturally not want to eat meat, it’s too heavy on the system, and you embody the pain the animal went through when slaughtered, butchered, processed, and packaged against its will. So I don’t really have to say anything, you’ll come off it soon enough when the time is right and divine.

I love you all meat eaters and all.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Well the things is the world is not black and white... there are truths in all kinds of notions, this for example is from a paleo diet promoter. I agree, plants don't want to be eaten so they have things inside that are bad for you. But my consensus is that we are herbivores and are meant to eat plants. So the minute damage is drastically overweight from all the nutrients you get. If you only eat meat you would need to take a vitamin and mineral supplement because meat just isn't as nutritious. Also meat gets its protein from plants so duh. 

Also if we look at the evolution of Homo sapiens we see that for the longest of time, before the invention of tools to hunt animals, we survived on roots, tubers, plants and grains. This dietary programming is still hardwired into our DNA and doesn't change within the minute period of time where our cultures and cooking practices have developed

Just my personal take on food though, eat what makes your body feel good and live life :)

I'm amazed at all of the conflicting information out there.  And a lot of it is so radical, saying one should exclude whole natural food groups, eat exclusively this or exclusively that.  Humans can thrive on a wide variety of diets.  This is why we were able to spread out across the entire globe.  All traditional cultures that we know of ate plant foods, and animal foods, as available in season.  Animals were practically always available, plants were not always available.  For most people, both are good.  One other universal of traditional cultures is that they were much less removed from nature than us, which is where our problems largely stem from.  And they weren't worried about paying bills or having a certain body type or being in a rush to get to work, etc.

As for meat vs vegetables, if you have nagging health problems, especially autoimmune issues, and nothing seems to be working.... meat (AND organs, skin, bones, collagen, broth, etc)  is the safest food to eat as far as allergies and toxins go.  And the latter foods are extraordinarily nutritious.  The human body is absolutely designed to easily handle cooked animal food.

The whole no meat thing seems to me to just be spirituality dogma, sorry.  A lot of yogis look pretty fat, actually.  I doubt it is a requirement to grow spiritually.  Nature will always eat itself.  Of course, factory farming is egregious.  But that being said, mass farming of vegetables and grains is bad for animals too and requires killing pests.  Really hunting or raising your own animals is going to leave the smallest biological footprint.  Shopping organic, from family farms, farmers markets etc is also a great step.  Our warming of the planet, littering, plastics, deforestation, etc etc is much more troublesome for the ecosystem than killing an animal and eating it.  To be fair, I have never directly killed an animal and am sure I would feel guilty doing so... and I'm certainly moved by videos you can find out there about animal cruelty.  But if I were out trying to survive.... I'd be killing squirrels left and right (or more likely, trying to and failing and starving to death).

And lastly, while diet is crucial it isn't everything.  Beliefs, emotions, mindset etc are probably the most important.  Stress management, sleep, relaxation, nature, physical activity, having a good time, laughing, purpose etc... These things are important too.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

You will naturally be drawn where your at vibrationally in consciousness. The more you evolve the less there will be need for food altogether as our frequency vibrates higher and higher we will not be able to tolerate denser foods and denser foods. This is why 90% people who go plant-based never go back to eating meat.

If you look at this image below, to me personally, there is nothing more obvious than plant-foods being our naturally designed food-substance and if you listen to tony wright he explains how our brains/bodies evolved the most when we only ate mostly fruit and our hemispheres started to become unbalanced and retarded when we started consuming animal products and more or less processed foods.

comparative-anatomy-of-frugivore.jpg

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto Im curious, was it was fruit, psychedelic mushrooms or a synergy of both that increased humans brain size?

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

I've heard the exact opposite, that vegans tend to have decreased brain sizes (not trying to be rude this is just what I've legitimately heard and read). 

That chart needs a new row, "ability to cook food", which would put humans on all columns. This is what (I've heard) really led to increased brain size. We didn't have to work so hard chewing so our mouths could get smaller, more energy in less time for bigger brains.

I mean there's a lot more to it (understatement) but if fruit increased brain size... orangutans would have taken over by now (but they eat unhealthy insects ;) )

@Solace Quite possibly synergy, some people say Fungi are even more closer to humans than plants themselves which does make sense to some degree although if you think about it, fruit from a tree shares very similar characteristics from fungi/fruit of the ground :D

Here is an interesting video

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E