Shanmugam

The Cult of Sadhguru and Isha Foundation

116 posts in this topic

Lol is that you in the video? :D

Critics have no life... So sad... If you follow this path your future will be wasted

Edited by Salvijus

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Lol is that you in the video? :D

Critics have no life... So sad... If you follow this path your future will be wasted

Your reply was a proof of what I have said in the video: ad hominem attack with no attempt to actually refute what has been said in that video. 

:DxDxDxD

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

I didn't watch the video. The title was enough. Just don't suck on sadhguru's tit. Get a life of your own

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I didn't watch the video. The title was enough. Just don't suck on sadhguru's tit. Get a life of your own

reading the title was enough to comment on it? Are you serious?  xDxDxD...

You just confirmed what I wrote in my Quora answer few days before: http://qr.ae/TUpzl1

The question asked was 'Is Isha Foundation a new religion' and here is my answer (read the one in bold and red):

Yes… It is a new religion. Here are the beliefs of this religion.

1)The first and foremost belief they hold is the belief that they don’t hold any beliefs. If you ask them, they will say ‘We don’t believe in anything; Sadhguru never asks you to believe in anything’. It is true that Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev uses the Osho’s punch line’Don’t believe me and don’t disbelieve me’ and never asks anyone to believe in anything. But beliefs doesn’t work that way. Beliefs are formed gradually by exposure and usually not formed in a single instant. Second, once you start trusting the person, you will start taking things for granted.

main-qimg-c6a0fb181d2faf8f04b4a7abeff04077.png

2) Sadhguru can never ever be wrong in anything no matter which subject he talks about, be it physics, chemistry, history, Sanskrit, etymology etc.

3) Anyone who shows skepticism on what Sadhguru says and disagrees with him is an idiot, moron, fool and stupid. The word ‘idiot’ is probably consecrated by Sadhguru just like he consecrated a mantra called ‘Brahmananda Svarupa’.

4) Anyone who shows skepticism on what Sadhguru says is getting paid by a Christian missionary or a Naxalite.

5) There was a human being called ‘Adiyogi’ who lived 15,000 years before, who married a yogini called Parvati. She gave birth to Ganesha and Skanda who were also yogis. Everything that is written in Shiva Purana is actually about this human being who suddenly appeared in Himalayas. No one, including Sadhguru knew where he came from, even though Sadhguru knows every thing else about his life.

6) Science is dumb, arrogant and has been wrong many times. Science is something that is in competition with spirituality. If anyone with scientific background points out some unscientific statement said by Sadhguru, that guy is an arrogant idiot. (The fallacy ‘science was wrong before’ is a classic statement used only by religions: "Science Was Wrong Before!" | Debunking Denialism )

7) They are not devotees or followers but meditators. The cult of personality that exists in Isha about just one person has got nothing to do with ‘devotion’ at all.

8) The police department and law in our country is completely perfect and corruption free. If a case is closed by police saying that there is no evidence, you can be sure that it is true. Because, not even a single policeman in our country knows what bribery is. (If a cop asks you money illegally, it probably is a donation; but not bribe). Law and order is 100% perfect in our country.

9) A question can be interpreted as a statement. For example, a guy asks Sadhguru, “How can I be sure if you are not another Ram Rahim?”, it means that the questioner is saying, ‘You are another Ram Rahim’.. The person who asked that question deserved a lot of verbal abuses. (this is a real incident by the way).. Asking such questions are always like ‘trying to insult’ Sadhguru. And Sadhguru always ‘shuts them up’:

main-qimg-1c5d605ecda98c0e9e91bb0030d45b25.png

10) Christians must be hated for every reason (unless he is also a part of Isha). If a person with a Christian name comments on Youtube video showing a little bit of skepticism, it is completely ok to abuse him until your frustration and anger is completely gone.

11) Even though Isha is not a religion, it may change according to convenience. For example, if someone is criticizing Sadhguru, an Isha follower may comment and say ‘Why is that you people always criticize Hindu gurus? What about that church pastor? what about ‘so and so’ incident done by an Islamic preacher?” etc. That comment will have a lot of likes or upvotes. It is ok for Isha to become a religion on a temporary basis just to insult another human being.

12) Along with daily meditation practice, insulting a non-follower who questions Sadhguru everyday is also a good practice and a social norm. You are free to ridicule each and every one.

13) To comment on some written article or a video, you don’t have to read it or watch it completely. You can make a rough assumption by just reading the title or by skimming through.

14) A person who supports Sadhguru is always correct in his supportive comments, even if what he says is completely contradictory to what Sadhguru himself said.

15) It is completely ok to comment on a post that criticizes Sadhguru by saying ‘You wasted my time’. For some reason, the time he took to comment that never gets wasted. Also, you can go ahead and engage in an argument with that person and that will not be a waste of time either.

16) If you want to disagree with a critique but don’t know what to say, the best way to handle the problem is to say ‘Sadhguru never said that’… (I have watched a few instances. One person was questioning Sadhguru’s enlightenment in Youtube comments section and another guy replied ‘Sadhguru never said he is enlightened’.. There was another instance in Quora, where another guy confidently said ‘Sadhguru never said that the word Sadhguru means uneducated guru.’).

17) It is cool to put the phrase ‘undercover yogi’ near your name and photograph in all the profiles, even though the word ‘undercover’ is about something that is not revealed publicly.

18) Water has memory. A random website which talks about a scientist doing an experiment can be trusted completely, if it can be used to justify the belief that water has memory. You don’t have to understand about peer review or authentic science journals. If this argument doesn’t work, then all you have to say is ‘Science has not yet discovered it, because it is so dumb anyway’.

19) An important holy book of the religion: Mystic Musings.

20) A main code of conduct: Ad hominem or personal attacks

There is more… But I think it is enough for now. :)

...........................................................................................................

@Salvijus Sorry to say that you have been already brainwashed to the core... :(

main-qimg-1c5d605ecda98c0e9e91bb0030d45b25.png

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

To me, and maybe it’s just my cynical instincts that come from my experience, I’m very reluctant to think highly of famous ‘gurus’ — now there are exceptions.  Adyashanti is an exception that I can vouch for.  And I’ve learned from Adyashanti.  And I think, to speak metaphorically, people who have the ‘worship gene’ are drawn to some of these famous ‘gurus’.  You don’t know these guys’ hidden motives, all you see is their success and fame.  Not you, but people who are drawn to putting these people on a pedestal.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I feel so greatful that I was brainwashed. Everyday I say Thank you sadhguru for all you have done and gave Me in my Life :) 

I've been with by him for 8months and I love every minute of it :)

I really hope he will brainwash me to the core as you say. That would probably feel like a thousad extacies. Ah... One day.. one day... :D

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

To me, and maybe it’s just my realist nature, I’m very reluctant to think highly of famous gurus — now there are exceptions.  Adyashanti is an exception that I can vouch for.  And I’ve learned from Adyashanti.  I think, to speak metaphorically, people who have the ‘worship gene’ are drawn to some of these famous ‘gurus’.  

You are right... Celebrity gurus are usually not what they claim to be, but they do attract the 'worship genre' a lot.

Shanmugam 

Your english is better than many of the tamilans i know. ? I watched your video upto 9 min. Then changed, Not because it was stupid or anything or i love sadguru. (Most of sadguru followers are dumb) i dont felt like watching. I think its upto followers to decide wether there master is good or not. That is the choice a follower has if he chooses rightly or wisely then good if not then its there fate or its how it is meant to be.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

For your own sake@Shanmugam pls get a life. You will only become more frustrated and parisite like if you keep going the way you going. Nobody likes parisites, you know.

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I feel so greatful that I was brainwashed. Everyday I say Thank you sadhguru for all you have done and gave Me in my Life :) 

I've been with by him for 8months and I love every minute of it :)

I really hope he will brainwash me to the core as you say. That would probably feel like a thousad extacies. Ah... One day.. one day... :D

@Salvijus I have said all those things buddy... You know him for 8 months and I know him for 16 years... There are many things that we realize later in life..

@Harikrishnan Thank you :) 

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

For your own sake@Shanmugam pls get a life. You will only become more frustrated and parisite like if you keep going the way you going. Nobody likes parisites, you know.

Dear friend, may I know what makes you to think that I don't have a 'life' now? 9_9

Shanmugam 

Becouse you stuck in this critics mentality. You either enjoy life. Or create joy. I only see someone who has no joy in his life. Nor are you spreading any joy. All you do is creating these silly anger and frustration provocative videos and critozise someone who's comtributing and gives enormous joy to thousands of people including me. Everyone reporting so much gratfulness to what his doing. And you haven't done anything significant to human consciousness. Only criticising. That sounds to me like a prarasite with no life.

And also. Someone who has life never bothers critozising anyone. Everyone with a life are enjoying the beauty of life. For someone who's happy criticising is a waste of time. Only misrerable people become critics

Edited by Salvijus

Nice to see you on the Forum Shanmugam.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nice to see you on the Forum.  Sorry if I was an ass to you in the past.  I appreciate your input here. I think I’ve been an ass to everybody in the past.  That’s just my probing nature.

No problem buddy... xD.. thank you...

Shanmugam 

6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Becouse you stuck in this critics mentality. You either enjoy life. Or create joy. I only see someone who has no joy in his life. Nor are you spreading any joy. All you do is creating these silly anger and frustration provocative videos and critozise someone who's comtributing and gives enormous joy to thousands of people including me. Everyone reporting so much gratfulness to what his doing. And you haven't done anything significant to human consciousness. Only criticising. That sounds to me like a prarasite with no life.

ok good... When you become capable of having a conversation and think like the rest of the people in the world, this link will help you: http://bit.ly/ishacult

First, the programming and parroting should go away.. After that, I think we might be in talking terms.. 

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

@Salvijus Nobody is immune to criticisms. If you really think sadhguru is so great, you will respond to the criticisms as you will know he has nothing to hide.

I ve got a lot of good information out of sadhguru, and I think his intents are genuine, but I also think what a lot of he says is plain wrong.

My point is proper criticism is very much needed in society as it only helps in progressing the individuals.

The fact that you just defend sadhguru without even addressing the criticisms is not devotion but stupidity.

Honestly you need more help if you say to someone to 'get a life'. Its the most immature thing to say to someone.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

20 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

@Salvijus Nobody is immune to criticisms. If you really think sadhguru is so great, you will respond to the criticisms as you will know he has nothing to hide.

I ve got a lot of good information out of sadhguru, and I think his intents are genuine, but I also think what a lot of he says is plain wrong.

My point is proper criticism is very much needed in society as it only helps in progressing the individuals.

The fact that you just defend sadhguru without even addressing the criticisms is not devotion but stupidity.

Honestly you need more help if you say to someone to 'get a life'. Its the most immature thing to say to someone.

‘Get a life’ is a pretty low consciousness thing to say to someone.  I agree.  That assumes my perspective is the norm and you are some kind of loser.  Hey, you don’t agree with me.  Get a life why don’t you.  Be like me.  That’s what their Ego seeks to reinforce.  Be like me so I don’t have to feel insecure as an Ego.  Every Ego wants to feel safe, smart, and beyond reproach.  Even as you become Enlightened you still gotta watch out for this.  It’s like a base programming that the Ego has.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

‘Get a life’ is a pretty low consciousness thing to say to someone.  I agree.  That assumes my perspective is the norm and you are some kind of loser.  Hey, you don’t agree with me.  Get a life why don’t you.  Be like me.  That’s what their Ego seeks to reinforce.  Be like me so I don’t have to feel insecure as an Ego.  Every Ego wants to feel safe, smart, and beyond reproach.

Yup, exactly

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H