Charlotte

Understanding meaning, purpose...

10 posts in this topic

Why the duck have I not come across this before? This is absolute pure GOLD! 

@Leo Gura wow!

I'm using this video as a tool to transcend to yellow (as mentioned in green video) but I have a feeling this will do just more than that! 

Amazing, thank you! Highly recommended ❤️

Thumbnail: Leo contemplating the ramifications of his bank account balance (hand gesture) after spending all his money on vegetables, 5-meo-dmt and black t-shirts. 

I'm so happy for you.  You sound like you're growing.  Watch this one too:

Wheter you are conscious or not - meaning is a biological hunger in every human. Then we can construct meaning or feel that something constantly is missing.  

A lot of depression stems from the feeling of meaninglessness. We need meaning! But the key to live happy is to see that it really doesn’t matter. Now, if you are depressed you will definitely agree that life has no meaning. But if you are honest you feel that meaning is the only reason to live <3

Edited by cirkussmile

1 hour ago, cirkussmile said:

if you are depressed you will definitely agree that life has no meaning.

Just the opposite. A depressed person is giving meaninglessness a negative meaning.

If you are conscious that meaninglessness is meaningless, then you won't be depressed.

People are bad at understanding nihilism.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@cirkussmile  Watch yourself while making love, getting high or doing any other fun stuff. At least I cannot remember any thoughts that give meaning to that event during the fun part.

Meaning creates separation between you and the object/person you put meaning onto. It's just reocurring thoughts. When these thoughts are missing then all there is, is love. Watch it. As soon as you label a beautiful sunset, the awe and wonder is gone.

Depression imo is nothing else than negative thought spirals ocurring again and again and again. A heavy depression though, in my experience, can seduce you to surrender your tendency to give "negative" meaning to things, because it's just too painful. Can be pretty effective in disarming the ego, which is nothing more than a fearful thought you identify with.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

I watched an interesting talk about a women's experience with depression being a door to a spiritual awakening.  It's a beautiful story. I've definitely experienced these kinds of coincidences in life, many times. Those moments when life gets so absurd and dark that you just have to laugh at what a joke it all is. So you decide to let go and flow with it.

1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

@cirkussmile  Watch yourself while making love, getting high or doing any other fun stuff. At least I cannot remember any thoughts that give meaning to that event during the fun part.

Meaning creates separation between you and the object/person you put meaning onto. It's just reocurring thoughts. When these thoughts are missing then all there is, is love. Watch it. As soon as you label a beautiful sunset, the awe and wonder is gone.

Depression imo is nothing else than negative thought spirals ocurring again and again and again. A heavy depression though, in my experience, can seduce you to surrender your tendency to give "negative" meaning to things, because it's just too painful. Can be pretty effective in disarming the ego, which is nothing more than a fearful thought you identify with.

The feeling of meaning is not a thought. If suffering has a reason the suffering becomes less and can even be transcended. 

You can go on and try to live life and ”knowing” it’s of no meaning. Or you can delude yourself and and say that love is everything and ignore that meaning is a big part of being human. 

Meaning changes all the time and if you don’t find a meaning with making love or doing drugs or even suffer, you live in the black hole between life and death. 

Just because we don’t think when we are making love it doesn’t mean it’s meaningless. 

I’m saying, if you belive life is meaningless then you will be depressed if you can’t see the other side of it. 

Meaning and meaninglessness goes hand in hand so we can’t stick to one side and claming that the other is wrong.

Meaning is definitly real even if it is to teach meaninglessness. @Leo Gura

Edited by cirkussmile

Existence is not meaning, it is existence, what simply is. Maybe the meaning of existence is existence itself, existence itself is the meaning of existence, to exist and be aware, to just be.