Sockrattes

Suicide while tripping for enlightenment?

12 posts in this topic

I have a question regarding one of Leos statements.

He once said that you literally have to die to attain enlightenment. I think that statement was either made in "what is consciousness?" or "what is intelligence?".

Does that mean for example, when I'm tripping and I'm asked for some mystical creature to jump from the balcony, I should do that?

I mean how can i be sure, that there is no "evil entity", that is trying to trick me into killing myself or something?

I'm asking that, because i already had similar experiences like that, but i thought, that this was bullshit, and therefore i did not kill myself.

I'm certainly not that suicidal guy, but i need that to know what is beyond the profane existence.

EDIT: Changed the titel

Edited by Sockrattes
missleading

No, no, no....a thousand times no.

The death you have to go through to attain enlightenment is not a LITERAL death; not of the body anyway. If psychedelics are telling you to end your life, you should take great care to either never take them again, or at the very least have a tripsitter with you at all times while you are in that place. Best to not even monkey with them if you've had those sorts of trips in the past, in my humble opinion. Stick to meditation, self-inquiry, yoga, introspection, etc.

2 hours ago, Sockrattes said:

Does that mean for example, when I'm tripping and I'm asked for some mystical creature to jump from the balcony, I should do that?

No, Instant death is not going to transform you. 

@Sockrattes

There is only 1 type of death.

Ego-Death or Death of Physical body - where your consiouness/awareness ends up after either of these "deaths" is the same place

If you have a physical body death, then that awareness has no where to return back to - as the physical body can no longer function to be "alive" in the way that it usually is.

What LEO refers to is ego-death BUT what he also underlines quite heavily is that fact that people think ego-death is a lower level of death. It is not. It is 100% the feeling that one would feel at the time of physical death. Your awareness feels that it will lose all of this life/world/your thoughts/memories/YOU 

so again, during a trip, don't physically kill yourself but know that EGO-DEATH IS Death (except you return back as your body is alive) and upon return you integrate (hopefully - slowly but surely?)  whatever you may have learned in the VOID/ABSOLUTE. 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Sockrattes IMO, if you’re using psychadelics for self inquiry, and you should, you should be sitting very comfortably on a couch, or on your bed, alone, and fully committed to not moving except maybe to use the bathroom. No friends, no parties, and definitly no balconies. 

Also, wouldn’t it be obvious, that you shouldn’t listen to “entities” which you believe to be “evil”?

And if that’s the kind of experiences you’re having on psychadelics, you shouldn’t be taking them yet. You should be ‘constructing’ your foundation with meditation, yoga, theory, etc, first. 

There is no such thing as evil entities. There is no such thing as anything other than you.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Death of your old you. Don't go into explanations. Cannot be put into notions. 

Enlightenment and consciously leaving the body is almost the same, happens almost at the same time. So this death is beyond ego death, it is actual physical death. As for evil entities, I have seen them once before, they are full of darkness and evilness, stay away from those low dimensional entities.

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Sockrattes IMO, if you’re using psychadelics for self inquiry, and you should, you should be sitting very comfortably on a couch, or on your bed, alone, and fully committed to not moving except maybe to use the bathroom. No friends, no parties, and definitly no balconies. 

Also, wouldn’t it be obvious, that you shouldn’t listen to “entities” which you believe to be “evil”?

And if that’s the kind of experiences you’re having on psychadelics, you shouldn’t be taking them yet. You should be ‘constructing’ your foundation with meditation, yoga, theory, etc, first. 

There is no such thing as evil entities. There is no such thing as anything other than you.

@Nahm But are you saying this in the same sense as 'there is nobody else, just you'? Like 'there is no car' but I still sure as hell try not to get hit by them still. Or are you literally saying there are no entities at all?

6 hours ago, Sockrattes said:

I have a question regarding one of Leos statements.

He once said that you literally have to die to attain enlightenment. I think that statement was either made in "what is consciousness?" or "what is intelligence?".

I mean how can i be sure, that there is no "evil entity", that is trying to trick me into killing myself or something?

I'm asking that, because i already had similar experiences like that, but i thought, that this was bullshit, and therefore i did not kill myself.

I'm certainly not that suicidal guy, but i need that to know what is beyond the profane existence.

EDIT: Changed the titel

Leo doesn't mean take the life out of your body when he says literally die. He means to completely stop identifying with the illusory self (ego death) and if you can truely do this then there is no difference between ego death and what others say is literal death.

The death he was talking about is a death that can only be experienced fully consciously. No, it is not about some "deity" telling you what to do. It is about yourself, consciously choosing between letting go/taking the leap into the darkness, and staying in what has form and characteristics/the ego.

It is a choice that you will make someday, if you will desire it. Until then, many people have a long way to go. If you don't understand something then let it for later, when you will be ready, don't start to interpret because you will just fool yourself.

Thanks everyone for your replies. This is what i needed to be 100% sure, that this can't be the way.