SpyAquamarine

Why do I find organising thoughts and words so difficult?

14 posts in this topic

My perception about the world and everything else comes quite naturaly to me, it is like a knowing. Of course studying also gives me lots of instantaneous insights, more like remebering . I don't need to work hard or twist my brain to undestand and apply concepts, especially spiritual ones, but if I was to express it into words it would be such a mess and make absolutely no sense. I wouldn't find the correct words and organise them in the right order. However when I hear something that speaks to me, it actvates the knowing inside or on the other hand I just know it isn't the Thruth without be able to verbalise why. Then if I hear someone explaining the why, I know that it was what I wanted to express but didn't know how.

I am not an English native speaker but it doesn't work in my mother tongue either.

If only I could make my feelings concrete somehow, I would feel more empty and as if I am actually doing something useful with it.

Does it make any sense to someone here? Anybody else feel the same?

Sometimes I feel I should 'work' on it and create some sort of talent but most of the time I just feel like accepting what is and relaxing. In any way, I spend my days trying to irradiate it through my pores, eyes and smiles and cause an impact where it is needed.

Edited by SpyAquamarine
spelling mistakes

Sounds like you are very right-brained.

For such people, like myself, it can be very easy to understand something in a nonlinear, nonverbal fashion, but then quite a challenge to articulate it linearly. Because the truth is nonlinear, all linear explanations of it are partial and misleading.

But with practice you can get good at articulating the inarticulable.

Writing in a journal would probably help you organize your thoughts.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes and its hard to explain people what you are trying to say and later you found out they misunderstood you because you didnt say 50 other words under those you said :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Coincidentally I vlogged about how right brained thinkers are discriminated against in our education system. 

Edited by Revolutionary Think

Thank you. It can be such a pain but I am more relaxed and surrendered than ever. It feels sometimes like opening / moving your mouth but no words coming out.

I also think that is one of the reason I get on amazingly with children up to 7 years old. They get me!

I ought to find a creative outlet somehow. Will consider journaling again but I always kind of worry about leaving 'traces', people finding my words...ironically...

I admire eloquence so much! yes @Leo Gura I am talking about you.

I wish there was a magic pill or some other efortless solution (yes I want everything to be easy) or maybe we could just all move on to telepathy.

And at my worse I can always blame myself being Pisces sun, moon and mercury :D

Edited by SpyAquamarine

@SpyAquamarine My answer is - it's a question of how high your emotional awereness is. Or EQ in other words.

Many musicians have always this problem that they can hear music in their heads but they can't express it. It always happens to myself also.

The solution is simple. You need to develop a better ear. Increse your listening ability. When you develop a good ear you can play whatever is in your head you can play that on the instrument, but if don't have a good ear you will struggle immensly with finding the right notes.

Right now I can play classical music is my head but I could never put it out in the world. Why? Because I don't have that level of hearing ability. If I had a perfect pitch I could write anything that comes into my mind.

The same goes with expressing your thoughts and feelings. The better listening ability you have on your emotions the easier you will find expression to them.

I bet you can't do this simple task right now.

Can you tell me how you feel right now?

Saying good, bad or normal doesn't count. It has to be a specific emotion.

Try it and see if it's something that you can do effortlessly or does it take some effort.

I would like to hear your feedback :)

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Get in touch with your pumping heart, right leg & plexus. 

18 hours ago, Salvijus said:

@SpyAquamarine My answer is - it's a question of how high your emotional awereness is. Or EQ in other words.

Many musicians have always this problem that they can hear music in their heads but they can't express it. It always happens to myself also.

The solution is simple. You need to develop a better ear. Increse your listening ability. When you develop a good ear you can play whatever is in your head you can play that on the instrument, but if don't have a good ear you will struggle immensly with finding the right notes.

Right now I can play classical music is my head but I could never put it out in the world. Why? Because I don't have that level of hearing ability. If I had a perfect pitch I could write anything that comes into my mind.

The same goes with expressing your thoughts and feelings. The better listening ability you have on your emotions the easier you will find expression to them.

Try it and see if it's something that you can do effortlessly or does it take some effort.

18 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Right now, I feel calm, I feel greatful I have some spare time to surf online before going to a meeting that I am very curious about. A few years ago, I would be stressed and worried about going to this kind of meeting, probably even making excuses on why I couldn't attend. But today I feel exicited to go and meet new people, see familiar faces, and start a new process. I am looking forward to come back home after the meeting with a new experience under my belt, then get on with my own routine for the evening and have a lovely relaxing night before waking up tomorrow eager for another day.

I know what I feel. I can express emotions but it isn't as eloquently as I would like. It is more about puting all words together in a way that is clear, concise and flowing in a stream, like the people who speak in the videos on youtube for example or public speech.

Edited by SpyAquamarine

5 hours ago, Etagnwo said:

@SpyAquamarine Confidence in yourself and your perceptions is important.  If you doubt yourself then the words won't flow because you are already censoring yourself. Highly emotionally intelligent people have a harder time in life because there are less of them around and the lower perspectives can sometimes make you doubt your internal landscape. This is especially tragic when those you rely on for affirmation will say you are "projecting" onto them. Lots of people in the spiritual world like to think they know what projection is, but really are not coming from a first hand experience understanding of it. If they can't explain something simply and embody it in their personality then they don't know it. Be skepitical of people who try to disarm your abilities to take control of the situation. People are cunning creatures and will do anything to maintain their survival 

Yep. I have been overcoming confidence issues for a while and still have an inch to conquer.

I cannot explain and sometimes cannot understand either xD

But I had some professors who were perfect at explaining.

Maybe its a matter of practice.

I have been struggling with the same thing, and especially in the last few months it has been bothering me. 

I have found three things helpful with making my views more clear and concise.

1. Explain things to yourself in a text file, like you would to someone who has no understanding of the topic. Try to explain the topic as clearly as you can, and you will soon find where you are having trouble. Researching those topics more deeply will help with that. For example, I had a hard time explaining meditation to my parents, because I didn't know how to explain the concepts of awareness, attention and mind-wandering. I looked up those terms on youtube and found many meditation teachers, who had already figured out ways to express those things eloquently.

2. Making mind-maps in Paint or some other drawing software. Having some visual context helps me memorize things easier. You can find out how to do mind-mapping on countless Youtube videos, it's a good tool to learn pretty much anything.

3. Asking myself questions while listening to lectures or reading something, making sure I can put things into words as soon as I learn them.

I have no idea about anything, but....

Maybe you can ask others for forgiveness if you are not able to deliver precision in your speech.  

But hold a space of confidence and warmth to allow people to slowly fall into the rhythm you are trying to lay down.

Edited by h inandout

On 7/4/2018 at 2:38 PM, SpyAquamarine said:

I spend my days trying to irradiate it through my pores, eyes and smiles and cause an impact where it is needed.

Lolz.  You communicate beautifully.

I was also just thinking about how it is possible to extend phonemes (letter sounds), almost like you draw out the tails in cursive.  Only, I wouldn't try to hard to do this consciously because it would still be rigid, unless your being poetic in a poetic setting.  But in more serious settings, maybe a better practice would be to sink into your seat and indulge in a breath just half a moment before you speak.  Again, I wouldn't try too hard to do this, but if it starts to happen naturally, just go with it!  It's so beautiful to be in that juicy space where nothing you say is off key.