cle103

Psychedelics and Yoga are bad? Conflicting advice from teachers

107 posts in this topic

Thought-self is the product of the accumulation of time(experience, knowledge, memory) 

The movement of psychological becoming and unbecoming as the self. 

To move in accordance to time is to move in accordance to an illusion. 

If we see this deep in our bones, we see the futility of continuing in that pattern.

Time and the self are one and the same movement of fear. Why move accordingly to that when we see that fear perpetuates time. 

If we see this as fact, freedom is instantaneous. 

Edited by Faceless

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

Thought-self is the product of the accumulation of time(experience, knowledge, memory) 

The movement of psychological becoming and unbecoming as the self. 

My own journey has been a process of retracing my steps, and ridding myself of my illusions one by one. Thought/reflection has been an important part of my own healing process, which is why i wanted to share this insight(which might very well be nothing but another illusion), especially as you seem to take a stance opposing this.

The Illusions we should be concerned with should be the ones that involve a psychological seeking of security. 

Just to keep it simple. 

Edited by Faceless

5 minutes ago, WindInTheLeaf said:

My own journey has been a process of retracing my steps, and ridding myself of my illusions one by one

?? 

2 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@WindInTheLeaf

I appreciate your participation. You would be great to have in such conversations. Thank you. 

Discussions such as these that dissolve my ego-boundaries and which might also help others on their own journey towards no-thought, is why i enjoy spending time on this forum(hehe, here i go talking about time again..). Hope you got something out of it, i sure did.

Discussions such as these that dissolve my ego-boundaries

Indeed. We all walk together in this. 

Hope you got something out of it

Of course I did. Thank you. It’s about mutual exchange. We learn from one another. 

Edited by Faceless

Hijack away :)

I haven’t seek op

@Charlotteor start a new thread

Edited by Faceless

By the way... Just read back my last question and I don't think I explained myself well enough.

What I meant was... When I observe and become aware of the movement of thought, it drops, it disappears, but at that exact instance the thoughts drops, I suddenly feel very sick for that split second and then it disappears

What could this be? 

Just now, Charlotte said:

By the way... Just read back my last question and I don't think I explained myself well enough.

What I meant was... When I observe and become aware of the movement of thought, it drops, it disappears, but at that exact instance the thoughts drops, I suddenly feel very sick for that split second and then it disappears

What could this be? 

I don’t know, you are reacting, which implies thought is in motion

@Faceless I have a theory it could be a very quick ego backlash, last time this happened was when I glimpsed the truth for like 3 seconds clock time. 

5 minutes ago, Faceless said:

I don’t know, you are reacting, which implies thought is in motion

Yeah.

Be mindful that thought-self can try to perpetuate through creating concern/worry (i.e. fear/thought) over physical effects that are taking place.  This is to be observed as well.

Edited by robdl

Thought-self will elicit the thought-story, "Okay, most of the other thought-content that is arising I can meditate through, but this physical effect could be serious. What does it mean?"

See the subtle sneakiness of the movement?

Edited by robdl

I should say, it may not even necessarily be concern/worry (overt fear-thought) over what the sick physical feeling is, but thought-self wanting knowledge about it, which is a more subtle form of fear-thought.  The seeking of security in the knowledge.  This may be more applicable to you.

Thought-self will love to get the meaning/significance/understanding/knowledge (i.e. all thought-self) of the various aspects of the thought-content that is arising, to self-perpetuate.

If thought-self can't use overt fear-thought to self-perpetuate, it will elicit the seeking of knowledge, which can be a lot more subtle. A subtle thought trap indeed.

Edited by robdl

13 minutes ago, robdl said:

The seeking of security in the knowledge.  This may be more applicable to you.

True 

2 minutes ago, Faceless said:

True 

The sick feeling arises, then thought-self reactively seeks security in the knowledge/understanding of the nature of the feeling.  Thought perpetuating thought/fear.  Observe this knowledge-seeking reaction.

Edited by robdl

29 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Faceless I have a theory it could be a very quick ego backlash, last time this happened was when I glimpsed the truth for like 3 seconds clock time. 

Idk 

But if there is a reaction to thought that implies the self is still moving to control. So if there is any movement of control then “observation” was partial, or not observation actually. 

That make sense? 

Did you subtly try and control thought?

Edited by Faceless