stevegan928

What Are Examples Of Stage Yellow People?

91 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Joseph Maynor

Turquoise is a network of perspectives 

@tsuki Bob Dylan says..

"Reality has too many heads"

"all the truth in the world add up to one big lie"

Are these quotes turquoise?

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

18 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Are these quotes turquoise?

There is no way to tell which color any person is.
By saying which color these quotes are, I express my understanding of spiral dynamics.
Talking about others is an expression of your self. It is impossible to meaningfully say anything about anyone apart from yourself.
Describing others is describing yourself. Can you see that?
It is a non-ideological benevolence. Benevolence, not for the sake of anything else and not an existential assumption.

Having said that, I'm going to judge those quotes.
They are very reminiscent of the turquoise quotes on the spiral dynamics website.
However, they express a longing, or nostalgia for the days in which Dylan thought that the world is simpler. When he believed in things (lies).
I know that Dylan inspires you Markus. Aren't you absorbing his nostalgia with those quotes? Or perhaps, you're being drawn to him because of it?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

41 minutes ago, stevegan928 said:

Criticism of veganism mostly, makes me think he hasn't fully integrated green, but he shares similar ideological positions against alternative healing and conspiracy theories. He seems very locked in the logical positivist paradigm. I don't wanna just sit here and judge the guy though I'd say I'm at the same stage as him, we just differ in ideologies.    

I don’t think you need to be a vegan to integrate Green.  Green gives itself away by its ideological mentality.  Green wants to convert the world to its ideology.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

10 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Green wants to convert the world to its ideology.

Aren't all even stages like that? Blue, Green, Turquoise?
Ideology has a different meaning for all people, mind you.
Turquoise ideology is not something for the sake of something else, like in case of Green for example.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

15 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Turquoise ideology is not something for the sake of something else, like in case of Green for example.

Yellow and Turquoise are more intuitive than ideological.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yellow and Turquoise are more intuitive than ideological.

True. That is the difference between tier one and two.
In case of Turquoise however, intuition and ideology mix forming something else.
Calling this something by a different name is not particularly useful, so I still call it an ideology.

Can you see how all even stages are similar with respect to ideology? Tier two ideology is a completely different from tier one.
It is a necessarily benevolent ideology. Benevolence is not because of the ideology, but it is it's cause and effect at the same time.

Can you see what I mean?

5 minutes ago, tsuki said:

True. That is the difference between tier one and two.
In case of Turquoise however, intuition and ideology mix forming something else.
Calling this something by a different name is not particularly useful, so I still call it an ideology.

Can you see how all even stages are similar with respect to ideology? Tier two ideology is a completely different from tier one.
It is a necessarily benevolent ideology. Benevolence is not because of the ideology, but it is it's cause and effect at the same time.

Can you see what I mean?

Yeah, I just don’t see Turquoise being ideological.  Turquoise is interested in Truth, but they’re not ideological about it.  But at the same time Turquoise still has an Ego.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor In other words, Turquoise sees the network within himself and harmonizing the network is harmonizing the self.
There is no clash between the society and the self, unlike for example in green. The green's standard of harmonization requires an equilibrium between the society and an individual. For turquoise, it is not a matter of equilibrium of opposing forces, but a synergy. It is a positive feedback loop.

1 minute ago, tsuki said:

@Joseph Maynor In other words, Turquoise sees the network within himself and harmonizing the network is harmonizing the self.
There is no clash between the society and the self, unlike for example in green. The green's standard of harmonization requires an equilibrium between the society and an individual. For turquoise, it is not a matter of equilibrium of opposing forces, but a synergy. It is a positive feedback loop.

Correct!

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I don’t think you need to be a vegan to integrate Green.  Green gives itself away by its ideological mentality.  Green wants to convert the world to its ideology.

You don't have to be vegan but it seems like he actively attacks veganism. It could just be me projecting however.  

@White isnt he orange/GREEN though, orange wouldnt be so open to all the hippie-ish stuff that he is

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles he might be embracing all kinds of hippie stuff, I only listen to his chats with Rhonda Patrick and he's not very critical of mainstream science: that tells me a lot. ORANGE and probably flirting with some green ideas. But he's definately not blue. No way is he yellow.

source: cook-greuter.com 

Maybe it's common for artists to be at stage yellow. I actually wonder if Death Grips boarders on turquoise.  

Edited by stevegan928

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

Yes yellow does still have a need to convert people. But it does it more intelligently by adjusting to the fact that red, blue, orange and green need to inhabit their stages fully for them to be healthy and useful for society, but ultimatley yellow wants to pull evetyone else upto yellow. Turquoise sees the limitation in even getting people to change at all. 

@stevegan928 you're not projecting. Joe sees veganism as an ideological cult (which it is). Joe understands that veganism is not science based but is using science to back a propaganda campaign. However his own ketogenic diet isn't science based either.  Joe again uses science to justify his own dietary preferences. Vegans see right through that of course. Joe and the vegan community project the same shadow on to each other. Veganism is not green, it's a mix of orange and unhealthy green ideas. But it's not true green - green thinks that all perspectives are equal because all perspectives are relative, therefore no position need be defended, therefore all hierarchies are false. The performative contradiction of green is that it DOES NOT SEE that it's own worldview is a perspective and that it places itself at the top of a hierarchy. Green is the biggest hypocrite in town 

Edited by White

I would even go so far as to say that the majority of vegans centre of gravity is blue because most them just blindly follow dogma rather than do their own fact checking / reality checking. They subscribe to the videos and don't even question what's being said. Ever read a typical comments section on a vegan plant based YouTube channel? It's nothing more than an echo chamber with a few individuals peppered inbetween.  The leaders in the plant based movement / veganism are at least critical and sceptical. So at it's core veganism is orange but the movement itself is blue. This happens when all movements take off into the mainstream. One of the problems green has created is that we now have a lot of blue centre of gravity trying on pluralistic and scientific ideas. Green says to blue: "you can't be blue, try to think green and you will be ok". Green really is the great evil of our time. 

Edited by White

I agree : Blue doesnt have to be religious fundamentalist as long as they have an ideology.

I disagree : Green is the evil of our timexD

Its just a model remember?

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles i agree. But like Joseph said we can't take it too literally. I'm talking in broad generalisations just so we can speak about it. If I were to addevery nuance of how I feel we would be here all day. I use absolute terms as a tool, I don't believe in absolutes. That's what happens when you transcend blue but take the parts of it that are useful.  

Edited by White

@Rilles im also talking about the green meme. The green meme is not a person, it's a mental position. Consider that the context for any discussion on memes